Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ok let me get this straight so Farrah should be ashamed and not show her face for supposedly hiding someone's notebook but heather shouldn't be ashamed and not hid her face for sleeping with her sister's husband, right....................

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

coolhull wrote: »
    And Doctor Big-eyes. We haven't seen him in months, but he reappears on the very night Ellie has a tummyache. and does a truly professional medical exam, by putting his hand on Ellie's stomach, pressing once gently, and announcing, ''Its her appendix. I'm calling an ambulance.''

Well Im no expert, but the last time I saw him was with Ama tearing her knickers off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

fin12 wrote: »
    Ok let me get this straight so Farrah should be ashamed and not show her face for supposedly hiding someone's notebook but heather shouldn't be ashamed and not hid her face for sleeping with her sister's husband, right....................

Funny that. Seems there's feck all morals in soap land.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

I feel a munchausen by proxy storyline for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Well Im no expert, but the last time I saw him was with Ama tearing her knickers off.

Well, yeah, but he wouldn't need a medical degree to do that. Though Damo had no luck in the past :confused:

• Advertisement

Fair city writers were good tonight though, I never thought of saying Michael had filmed the footage, so that was a good idea....

How the **** did Ellie Get out of school without anyone knowing all by herself, if Heather faked the book been deleted to get a two weeks extension yet she's off for a week to a spa, ah Jesus this beggars belief

What happens when the two weeks are up????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Owen needs to get those cat hairs shaved, they're creeping up from his back.
    Where is Paul, Niamh, Damon, Nuse, Pete, Dolly?

I have never seen Paul out of it so much actually! He usually is in there somewhere. Niamh too. The rest do drift in and out. The Ama character as I previously said is one they do not know what to do with. First, she was the illegal migrant, then she became a nurse. She was Damo's girlfriend and then they were toying with the idea of her being Doug's girlfriend and then Shane's. Eventually, they seemed to settle on making her Shane's or so it seemed!

WRT other developments in it: Cathal is kind of becoming some sort of an underworld Paul, swaggering around with his cocky attitude until tonight that is. Unlike other gangland figures, Cathal does not as of yet appear to be violent and opts more for a JR Ewing approach than a Nidge approach when it comes to dealing with his enemies.

The one person I'd love to see taken down is Heather. Farrah seems to be the only person who sees through her. Hughie is soft and Renee can see no wrong in her. I predict she will lose everything: her writing career, her job with Hughie, support from Renee, her place to stay and even her daughter. I predict too she is hiding a lot about her life in Brazil and it would be interesting to have this come out. I think she has had a drug or alcohol problem and tells lies Brendan had this addiction (easy to get everyone to believe because Brendan did have an alcohol and pill dependency when he was in FC).

fin12 wrote: »
    Fair city writers were good tonight though, I never thought of saying Michael had filmed the footage, so that was a good idea....

You're welcome :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

credit where its due! great scene and great twist! Eoghan is officialy my favourite character

When he first arrived, I hated him, I think we all did. But in recent weeks Alan Howley (Eoghan) has shown he's a brilliant actor. When he's angry, it seems real and when he's cried, he's tugged at my heart. Love him now.

I have to say, I love Farrah, Hughie, Leo (hands an' all), Bob, Tommy,Pete and Robbie. There...I've said it. :o

• Advertisement

L'il Stripey ; '' Michael took the film, and me daaa made a copy of it''

Cathal : ''Wha'? He made a copy?''

That's right, Cathal. Nowadays it's possible to upload a homemade film from a digital movie camera to your computer.And, get this, you can even make a copy of it on to a yoke called a memory stick or a little roundy shiny yoke they call a blank DVD....Things sure have changed since you and I used to tape things on an old cassette recorder. The world is passing us by, isn't it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

coolhull wrote: »
    L'il Stripey ; '' Michael took the film, and me daaa made a copy of it''

Cathal : ''Wha'? He made a copy?''

That's right, Cathal. Nowadays it's possible to upload a homemade film from a digital movie camera to your computer.And, get this, you can even make a copy of it on to a yoke called a memory stick or a little roundy shiny yoke they call a blank DVD....Things sure have changed since you and I used to tape things on an old cassette recorder. The world is passing us by, isn't it? :confused:
    Is this the same Michael who only started hanging around the hotel a few days before he was murdered/manslaughtered/accidently bumped on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Tomorrow i am going to pennys to buy a stripy jumper to show my respect for stripy new found set of nuts....

Jackies long distant, half depressed, head slightly dropped usually to the left stare is getting on my nerves..

Surprise surprise dr big eyes
    looks at your belly
    Your illness he spies
    he jumps to a diagnosis
    without any fuss
    soon he'll discover
    he dont need ama nuss

When he first arrived, I hated him, I think we all did. But in recent weeks Alan Howley (Eoghan) has shown he's a brilliant actor. When he's angry, it seems real and when he's cried, he's tugged at my heart. Love him now.

I have to say, I love Farrah, Hughie, Leo (hands an' all), Bob, Tommy,Pete and Robbie. There...I've said it. :o

you and me both VIckie!! I love the very same characters!

I miss Pete lately and Paul and Niamh are better than this ****e with Cathal storming into every coffee shop and pub looking like he just smelt a fart (his nose is always turned up?)

cant stand Heather...... how can Farrah even sit in the same room as her ? How dare she even ask Farrah to mind Ellie or anything else? As for Hughie - he is such a wuss - Heather has lied about everyone to everyone else. Farrah is great lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

To be fair to the doctor diagnosing appendix,my oh had to get hers out years ago and she said that as soon as her doctor barely touched her side she winced and he said straight away "appendix".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is this the same Michael who only started hanging around the hotel a few days before he was murdered/manslaughtered/accidently bumped on the head.

They better hope that the gardai don't look into the fact that Michael was on one of his stags when all this Tommy Camm investigations were going on, or that it would have been difficult for him to set the cameras up near the ceiling, like they were in Cathal's office when he was confined to a wheelchair or that it was a bit odd that it's taken 4 weeks for them to tell the gardai about these video footage...... .....

On a side note I really hope they continue the Tommy am and make it an integral part of his character!

It's not that I can't stand Heather to be honest, of course she is a hateful, nonsensical, mental character, I more so hate watching the actress portraying her from her joker like grin to her strained voice. How can someone become an actress with such a voice, it's one of the most important elementts of acting. I'd prefer to listen to cats wailing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Poor Niamh, she won't be able to light up her Christmas tree this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

On a side note I really hope they continue the Tommy am and make it an integral part of his character!

Farrah should ask him if he's any footage on Heather!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

To be fair to the doctor diagnosing appendix,my oh had to get hers out years ago and she said that as soon as her doctor barely touched her side she winced and he said straight away "appendix".
    To be fair to doctor shane the did also ask the child if it felt like a belt tightening. That's pretty cutting edge . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

When will Doctor Brendan show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Farrah should ask him if he's any footage on Heather!

Why doesn't Farrah just record Heather on her phone? In the office at the shop, sure she comes in at least 5 times a day.

Why doesn't Farrah just record Heather on her phone? In the office at the shop, sure she comes in at least 5 times a day.

Go away you with your common sense. You aren't wanted around here....ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Or get CCTV in the office - sure is that not where ME DAAAAAAAAA was cracked over the head by robbers and Sean blamed - I'd stick up a camera after that let alone the shenanigans that's gone on since. I'm sure Tommy would be able to sort it out for her in no time! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Though I suppose it's not her fault that she's dealing with a complete eejit in the form of Renee. If Renee had an ounce of common sense, she would immediately be suspecting that Heather was up to no good, not Farrah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Presumably Jo will go down the same route then...
    "Sure, they fired me too, the b@stards... America, my arse"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

"Somebody he knows" commented on FB that he was just let go after 18 years "just like that" so he probably sued for severance - and got it by the looks of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

tk123 wrote: »
    "Somebody he knows" commented on FB that he was just let go after 18 years "just like that" so he probably sued for severance - and got it by the looks of it!

Very interesting, looks like two long standing characters were unceremoniously given the boot in the last 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Think he was taking a case against mad max for leaving him to die..thus impacting any future earnings in spar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement