Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

fin12 wrote: »
    Is the guy thats playing Emmet in Ros na Run? Havent watched Ros na Run in ages, ya Petes moustache is horrible, its like Johnny Depps one in Mortedecai

Ye, the guy playing Emmett is currently playing Eoin in Ros na Run. He showed up about a year ago as a long lost son of Tadhg's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Hughie ever contact his son with Natalie?

The actress who actually played Natalie (Hughie Phelan's other half in Fair City all those years ago around 1996/1997) only turned up in an episode of RedRock last week! She was always great in Fair City - she used always rub off the late Eunice Phelan. In those days Hughie used work in a Pizza outlet with another guy! Christie had not even arrived in Carrigstown yet and the shop had been run by Doyle's (Rita & family including her mother with Bella coming & going as the ex)

Pierce

Pierce played by Daryl McCormack and who starred in a previous Referendum Commission Campaign

Also featured in MACE convenience/grocery/provisions outlet TV & Online advert

http://www.lisarichards.ie/actorsm/daryl-mccormack-actor#.VndvnI_XLIU

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Neasa had the same personality transplant as Heather for the worse

Yes, she seems a bit prima donna-ish and full of herself this time.

'Fair City' star Tom Hopkins settles tribunal case with RTÉ
    according to the Irish Independent Online edition dated 18/12/2015

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/fair-city-star-tom-hopkins-settles-tribunal-case-with-rt-34297747.html

I wonder was the actor who played Christy Phelan pushed out which resulted in his character being killed off in the soap back in 2014? We may never know what really happened now.

What a shame the two on-screen couples Christy & Renee Phelan and Hughie & Natalie Phelan never appeared at same time in the soap. Natalie used always put loads of pressure on Hughie to stand up to his mother, Eunice Phelan all the time!

• Advertisement

Does Neasa know about her half brother Junior?

10 euro says that they never mention it once

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

10 euro says that they never mention it once

Only Caoimhe knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Hi Nan, Hi Sis, Hi Ma & I'll kill you Eoin?

if you were told your borther was killed by your dad and you went straight round would you say hello to everyone's first before going for him?

eh he wasn't in the room at the time, was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

sligojoek wrote: »
    I can see a motorbike crash coming p in the future.

Oh yeah,maybe. I didn't even cop on to that to be honest,first thing I thought when Pierce was going on about Ruthie & the panto & Santa was "right,Rachel's obviously up the duff!"

They could always do both stories. Rachel's been fairly content now for at least a fortnight,that can't go on!

MelanieC wrote: »
    Only Caoimhe knows.

& Tommy

Where is Dermot & Zoey if Jo is staying in America for good
    (becuase she was sacked) how will they write that into the show? will Dermot fight for Ben?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I predict Neasa will get up in middle of the night to use the toilet, and 'accidentally' get in the bed beside Damo.
    She's looking well in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

& Tommy

(becuase she was sacked) how will they write that into the show? will Dermot fight for Ben?

i reckon dermot would fight to keep Ben away. Annoying little f#$ker!!

sligojoek wrote: »
    Fair play to her. She never lost the Kilkenny accent.

Fair play to her. She never lost the Killinney accent.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I predict Neasa will get up in middle of the night to use the toilet, and 'accidentally' get in the bed beside Damo.
    She's looking well in fairness.

In fairness was she ever not looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 New Delly

There wasn't much of a hello for Granny Rose from Emmet, he just barged past her at the door! Also when Debbie and Katie ran to him, it was all very happy as if he was just home for a holiday, not to mourn his brother. Very unrealistic family reunion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

& Tommy

Didn't Wayne tell the whole of mccoys that Tommy was the father?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

New Delly wrote: »
    There wasn't much of a hello for Granny Rose from Emmet, he just barged past her at the door! Also when Debbie and Katie ran to him, it was all very happy as if he was just home for a holiday, not to mourn his brother. Very unrealistic family reunion

He had nowhere near enough info to attack Eoghan either, only that there had been an accident and that Eoghan had been involved in the incident in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Ben's real mother will return with him as Jo goes missing or dies in America

The actor who plays Dermot is in panto and I don't mean Fair City :p

Whatever happened to Doug Ferguson's brother (i.e.) Neil (I think he also appeared in an Irish McDonald's advert a while back) whose character played an unstable lad with some issues. Neil was Doug's older brother and is the other son of Pete & Jackie Ferguson.

Also, can anyone ever remember the blonde lady called Lana (I think she played a Russian girl) and was with Leo Dowling. She disappeared in the story and it went on and on and Leo's character was out of his mind for ages. I thought she would have turned up after a while but nothing! Leo Dowling also had another son Troy (I think he played a Gay or Bisexual character in the soap) and a daughter Shannon by a different mother. Where are all of these characters now?

Will Tommy's ex-wife, Judith (she played a GP) ever reappear with Tommy & Nessa & Caoimhe all still in the show!

Then there was Bob Charles brother (he played a GP locum for a while until his son arrived as the full time new resident GP) He was a fiery character and should have been further developed into more medium-long term storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Some characters seem to disappear without explanation, wonder where did Yvonne go?
    I know Dermot is in panto and Dr Judith was threading the boards during the year, I remember Lana the Russian Lady haven't seen her on the screen in years now, Jo has her own acting school so there is a good possibility Ben could return with Deirdre, I got into Red Rock this year and love it.

• Advertisement

Was Lana killed by Terence?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah i think it was confirmed that Lana was murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Whatever happened to Doug Ferguson's brother (i.e.) Neil (I think he also appeared in an Irish McDonald's advert a while back) whose character played an unstable lad with some issues. Neil was Doug's older brother and is the other son of Pete & Jackie Ferguson.

Also, can anyone ever remember the blonde lady called Lana (I think she played a Russian girl) and was with Leo Dowling. She disappeared in the story and it went on and on and Leo's character was out of his mind for ages. I thought she would have turned up after a while but nothing! Leo Dowling also had another son Troy (I think he played a Gay or Bisexual character in the soap) and a daughter Shannon by a different mother. Where are all of these characters now?

Will Tommy's ex-wife, Judith (she played a GP) ever reappear with Tommy & Nessa & Caoimhe all still in the show!

Then there was Bob Charles brother (he played a GP locum for a while until his son arrived as the full time new resident GP) He was a fiery character and should have been further developed into more medium-long term storylines.

Neil is in Galway apparently and lana was murdered and Leo confronted her killer on some cliff top

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Sometimes it might be best that these characters just disappear without rhyme or reason because when FC tries to pull off killing off a character via vicious menacing murder such as michael...its not the families that suffer ... its us lot...only us...we end up trying to pick up the pieces...

Everyone in FC goes to Galway in the end

How are we supposed to look at Petes new dirt squirrel mouth brow and dollys new hair ...which interestingly has the same colour and texture appearance as petes dirt squirrel..

Didn't Wayne tell the whole of mccoys that Tommy was the father?

Yes Wayne outed Orla and Tommy's fumble and Junior's real daddy in the pub

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah i think it was confirmed that Lana was murdered.

I could not remember if it was just hinted or suggested as a possible outcome in the storyline that Lana may have been abducted and subsequently killed as Leo was at his wits-end every time a new lead was explored with the Gardaí. I must have lost track as I thought the Lana story was just left hanging as a mysterious disappearance after some failed leads eventually ran dry altogether and Leo was advised to move on with his life. Interesting anyway. The Lana disappearance was like a Missing Person's storyline...

Also remember the solicitor Annette who played the alcoholic and Barry the teacher (Paul Brennan's buddy) and then McAleer the fat cat businessman in Carrigstown! ;)

Was Lana's body ever recovered, I remember Leo confronting Terence who admitted kidnapping and killing her think Leo then killed him

Rose016 wrote: »
    Sometimes it might be best that these characters just disappear without rhyme or reason because when FC tries to pull off killing off a character via vicious menacing murder such as michael...its not the families that suffer ... its us lot...only us...we end up trying to pick up the pieces...

Everyone in FC goes to Galway in the end

How are we supposed to look at Petes new dirt squirrel mouth brow and dollys new hair ...which interestingly has the same colour and texture appearance as petes dirt squirrel..

Yeah nearly always Galway with a few exceptions like the Dillons head to/from Kilkenny and Nicola and Óisín, (Paul's ex) who went down to Ballycotton in East Cork and then there was that company called "Blue Dolphin" with another character, Donal who was as dry as... and boring as dishwater!! That's when you had Nicola, Paul, Niamh and Donal all sharing an office together and then it was involved with Trans Global and some American guy comes in for a while too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If you want to know what happened to Lana, just buy the Sindo every two or three weeks. Barry Ego keeps his readers updated on her every move. For some reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement