Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

banoffe2 wrote: »
    Some characters seem to disappear without explanation, wonder where did Yvonne go?
    I know Dermot is in panto and Dr Judith was threading the boards during the year, I remember Lana the Russian Lady haven't seen her on the screen in years now, Jo has her own acting school so there is a good possibility Ben could return with Deirdre, I got into Red Rock this year and love it.

Hughie Phelan's ex-wife who played the role of Natalie back in the mid '90s turned up in an episode of RedRock only last week! And one of the matriarch characters played Farrah Phelan for a while in Fair City but was later recast when her character was re-introduced at a later stage. Farrah has been cast a few times - at least three as far as I recall!

sligojoek wrote: »
    If you want to know what happened to Lana, just buy the Sindo every two or three weeks. Barry Ego keeps his readers updated on her every move. For some reason.

LOL :) I rarely buy newspapers these days with so much info Online but I'll bear it in mind! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Yeah nearly always Galway with a few exceptions like the Dillons head to/from Kilkenny and Nicola and Óisín, (Paul's ex) who went down to Ballycotton in East Cork and then there was that company called "Blue Dolphin" with another character, Donal who was as dry as... and boring as dishwater!! That's when you had Nicola, Paul, Niamh and Donal all sharing an office together and then it was involved with Trans Global and some American guy comes in for a while too.

Haha I ended up going to Ballycotton on a mystery tour 2 weeks ago

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was Lana's body ever recovered, I remember Leo confronting Terence who admitted kidnapping and killing her think Leo then killed him

I think Terrance ever told Leo where her body wás, dont think her body has ever been found.

banoffe2 wrote: »
    Some characters seem to disappear without explanation, wonder where did Yvonne go?
    I know Dermot is in panto and Dr Judith was threading the boards during the year, I remember Lana the Russian Lady haven't seen her on the screen in years now, Jo has her own acting school so there is a good possibility Ben could return with Deirdre, I got into Red Rock this year and love it.

The actor who played Jo Fahy is apparently involved in running an acting school however; I thought I read somewhere that she was not too happy with the direction her character was going and they eventually wrote her out of Fair City but it is unclear whether or not she will make a comeback to the role in the future as they have not closed the door as of yet.

I wonder who will be next to depart Carrigstown as we have said goodbye to another long time character, Christy Phelan too not long ago.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »

Ah it's a lovely picturesque spot alright and lovely in good weather especially during the Summer months! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Was Lana's body ever recovered, I remember Leo confronting Terence who admitted kidnapping and killing her think Leo then killed him

I found her. Scroll down to near the bottom of the page. Neassa is there too.

http://www.independent.ie/life/family/family-features/the-life-family-album-2015-34288282.html

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Annette the lady who played the solicitor a few years ago was awarded damages of 37K approx for injuries during the filming of Fair City Christy Phelans character 'Fair City' star Tom Hopkins settles tribunal case with RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

If you want to know what happened to Lana, just buy the Sindo every two or three weeks. Barry Ego keeps his readers updated on her every move. For some reason.

She also popped up in Reeling In the Years 2004 which was on last night, she was about to get married to some other guy when Leo came along and butted in and she married him instead

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

[quote="AwaitYourReply;98160959"

Ballycotton? Isn't that where the statue of Our Lady used to dance the Macarena regularly back in the 90's?
    Till the weather changed and people stopped going. Then the statue stopped moving. Mary always did like an audience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I wonder who will be next to depart Carrigstown as we have said goodbye to another long time character, Christy Phelan too not long ago.

Every single one of the would be great.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

coolhull wrote: »
    Ballycotton? Isn't that where the statue of Our Lady used to dance the Macarena regularly back in the 90's?
    Till the weather changed and people stopped going. Then the statue stopped moving. Mary always did like an audience
    That was Ballinspittle (SP?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

New Delly wrote: »
    There wasn't much of a hello for Granny Rose from Emmet, he just barged past her at the door! Also when Debbie and Katie ran to him, it was all very happy as if he was just home for a holiday, not to mourn his brother. Very unrealistic family reunion

But she's not his granny she? Is he not Michael's twin brother and Michael was someone else's son (who didn't manage to make his sons funeral)

Actually is Eoghan the illegitimate son or Mary and Dick the Auctioneer from Glenroe or is he Biddy and the other sisters long lost brother from Mary's marriage to some auld lad who was about 70 years older than her???

The actor who plays Dermot is in panto and I don't mean Fair City :p

OMG we've been wrong about Fair City the hole time its not a soap a year round long panto, GENIUS they are pretending to be bad :D

also you think Fair City would air extra festive episodes over the Chrismtas like the other Soaps Eastenders is airing an extra 3 episodes, Coronation Strret 2 episodes& Emmerdale 2 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

No FC tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

No FC tonight?

No, and no episode on Sunday. So on Christmas Day, we get two episodes stuck together. :mad:

No FC tonight?

IF this is the case, then the reason is Christmas Day will have an episode which falls on a Friday this year (Friday has not a usual broadcasting day for the soap in recent years)

That was Ballinspittle (SP?)

Ballinspittle was not the only so called "Moving Statue" in 1985 - 1990 period as there were also reports in various newspapers of similar strange inexplicable events at Grottos in places such as Inchigeela in Co. Cork and Mount Melleray (near Cappoquinn) in West Waterford if memory serves me correct.

I wonder if Paul Brennan's son, Callum has left Fair City completely too or is he expected to return again when his character's on-screen mother Jane returns to Carrigstown? I read recently that the man who plays Charlie Kelly has moved away from Dublin and only films for about 10 weeks during the year for the soap. I imagine Bella must have cut back to a similar work schedule. You need a few more feisty characters like Yvonne Doyle AND/OR Nicola Prendergast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I wonder if Paul Brennan's son, Callum has left Fair City completely too or is he expected to return again when his character's on-screen mother Jane returns to Carrigstown? I read recently that the man who plays Charlie Kelly has moved away from Dublin and only films for about 10 weeks during the year for the soap. I imagine Bella must have cut back to a similar work schedule. You need a few more feisty characters like Yvonne Doyle AND/OR Nicola Prendergast

Forget more characters - let's have just have the ones we have remain consistent and get involved in storylines that are true to life and well researched. Some hope I hear you all say haha....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'm really upset it's not on tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Ya defeats the whole purpose of the double episode on xmas day

Anyone else turn on fair city at 8pm 😡

Anyone else turn on fair city at 8pm 😡

No.. But I would have if I didn't read this thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Me too, I left last minute Christmas shopping in the Square to rush home to an empty void,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Me too, I left last minute Christmas shopping in the Square to rush home to an empty void,

ahahahahahaha now that's fair annoying.

No I think that was Ballinaspittle, we have so many lovely places in Cork haha

Aww is there no Fair City 2nite, was looking for it on the player. Was there w new series of savage eye this year? Is the Christmas one that was on last night an old one, just looking at them on the player

• Advertisement

Aww is there no Fair City 2nite, was looking for it on the player. Was there w new series of savage eye this year? Is the Christmas one that was on last night an old one, just looking at them on the player

You should have looked in here first, Fin, instead of frantically searching for it on the player. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement