Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

That was so anti climatic last night!! I was expecting Heather to go fully loopy some how, and abandon the daughter.

The ad just didn't make sense at all...

And as an aside, where can one get FC spoilers these days? Don't seem to be on the digital spy anymore...!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Even the trailers are annoying #heatherthehorrible....

Looks like Heather had a change of heart.

56669171.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,870 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That was so anti climatic last night!! I was expecting Heather to go fully loopy some how, and abandon the daughter.

The ad just didn't make sense at all...

And as an aside, where can one get FC spoilers these days? Don't seem to be on the digital spy anymore...!?

The trailer was so vague though that I didn't know what to expect, so I wasn't really disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The trailer is just bizarre now. It had no relevancy to anything. She flirted with the doc and got told off by Ama over it, that's it.

Even the phone call from Brendan was weird because i expected something to come from that. I mean, has that even being explained properly as Brendan didn't even know they had left for Ireland until Farrah rang him. The whole loopy storyline is all over the place.

Fair City Character Travel Transformations.

With the return of Neasa, or as I will now refer to as Asaen owing to her personality turning from back to front, it is time to reflect on how the motions of travel affect Carrigstown locals. It is a strange phenonemon which goes barely unnoticed amongst residents. Some return in different bodies (Farrah, Neil, Laura, Mark, Louise), others with strange haircuts (Dean), others return with a completely changed sexuality (Sasha, Yvonne) but the most worrying are the ones who step off the 19A bus and onto the Carrigstown footpath seemingly possessed by the spirit, soul and mindset of a completely different human being. And then of course we have those who return in bodily disarray with unexplained bruises and wheelchair confinement....... and not forgetting those, like Harry Molloy who return as the eyeballs of a psychopathic lunatic named Lucyfer.

Here are a few examples to wet the appetite,

Feel free to add more....

Yvonne, the one positive returnee whose character transformation warranted its execution. Not only did we get to see her viscious and malicious manipulative mindset take over storylines, we also hade a lesbian relationship with two NOT BLOODY ANNOYING characters....

Neasa.......sick of her already. Thank god there is a mute button. Never has a piece of technology been more appropriate when her sexy ass makes its way onto scenes...

Neil: went away a sound enough, bit of a lothario, returned home five years younger, five stone lighter and twenty times more hyperactive, crazy and irritating. No wonder Doug has hid head twisting around like the girl in the exorcist every scene he shares with him.

Tommy Dillon:Another positive return. Brought more cameras and talk of Aunt Kitty home with him than ever before #Tommyformayor

Louise: Goes away a dull enough northsider, returns home as an emotionless robot, with no expressions, albeit looking vey sexy but in a different body. Apparently she spent a few years partying it up in Ibiza. By the moany head of her, you would swear she was locked up in a cave in Afghanistan tortured by Leo and his guitar for a decade. Of course sun holidays can have a positive effect on your personality. CASE IN POINT Rachel's transformation from Sourpuss's to Superwoman. Not only did her pawning off of the droopiest face on TV for a dull but nice fella allow her to smile and wear promiscuous clothing she was also forever equipped henceforth with an entrepreneurial mind that makes Bill Gates seem like Wayne Molloy and a bravery to take on gun welding maniacs. It is safe to say she will never voluntarily escape to her bedroom again in a huff unless Pierce is involved....

Dean??? Was he a mannequin for Arthurs day or what??

Farrah 1 -Farrah 2 -Farrah 3 -Farrah 4 (or Meeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaa). This one is unique as her travels transformed her body three times. Louise has also had multiple bodily alterations but Farrah currently holds the record...... (tune in this February as Mary Byrne from x factor makes her first appearance as the returning Jo Fahy)

Lesbian Phenonemon: There has never been a lesbian born into Carrigstown. You must travel to earn that accolade. We alluded to Yvonne earlier on but let us not forget Laura and Sasha also found there love for the female form through flying afar. They say travel broadens the mind, it seems it also widens the legs........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

I may run the risk of sounding like an absolute idiot but I don't really remember the old Neasa, I cant really see much of a change???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I may run the risk of sounding like an absolute idiot but I don't really remember the old Neasa, I cant really see much of a change???

I agree don't see much of a change in her, she was always kind of stuck up, I think they're portrayal of her attitude after coming home is quite realistic, she reminds me of a family member who has an attitude like that after emigrating, they feel like they are superior to the rest of us who stayed at home.....

She was middle class and a bit aloof but she seemed softer and kinder back then. I don't remember her having an "edge" and not giving two hoots about what people think. She seems to have become a little cocky and full of herself.

Strazdas wrote: »
    She was middle class and a bit aloof but she seemed softer and kinder back then. I don't remember her having an "edge" and not giving two hoots about what people think. She seems to have become a little cocky and full of herself.

The way she is now is the way she was when she first came into it, but then she turned into the way Caoimhe is now back when Caoimhe was the way Neasa is now.

Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

monkey9 wrote: »
    The way she is now is the way she was when she first came into it, but then she turned into the way Caoimhe is now back when Caoimhe was the way Neasa is now.

Literally.
    The FC way, haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

When she originally appeared in FC she was quite stroppy. Damien was a debt collector who had to get a payment from her. Don't think he got the money but she 'charmed' him into sleeping with her! Her role as one of the Dillon
    girls was a complete reversal of this. She is now closer to the original Neasa.

brooke 2 wrote: »
    When she originally appeared in FC she was quite stroppy. Damien was a debt collector who had to get a payment from her. Don't think he got the money but she 'charmed' him into sleeping with her! Her role as one of the Dillon
    girls was a complete reversal of this. She is now closer to the original Neasa.

Actually, you're right. When she first appeared, she had an stroppy edge alright (this often seems to be the pattern when a new soap character is introduced). By the time she was with Turlough, she was much calmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Actually, you're right. When she first appeared, she had an stroppy edge alright (this often seems to be the pattern when a new soap character is introduced). By the time she was with Turlough, she was much calmer.

She got a bit hippy-dippy and spiritual when she was with Turlough, didn't she? I know people can change but Neasa has been reinvented a few times now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

She seems to have become the worst type of emigrant : goes abroad, gets her head turned by the bright lights and then comes back and tells everyone what a kip Ireland is :)

The kind that you show a holiday brochure and they pick up an accent - anyway, did she not go to Nawlins to work on a riverboat queen as a croupier?

Why didn't Farrah check the cctv in Phelans and she would have seen Heather going into the office?

oh wait, this is Fair City.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hey guys did anyone see the miss brown film the other night, Finn from Fair city has a very small part, was at the bar in a scene. Still as handsome as ever..........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

fin12 wrote: »
    Hey guys did anyone see the miss brown film the other night, Finn from Fair city has a very small part, was at the bar in a scene. Still as handsome as ever..........
    You mean the tranny granny, who the fcuk watches that?

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You mean the tranny granny, who the fcuk watches that?

Says your man that watches Fair City 😄😄😄😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Says your man that watches Fair City 😄😄😄😄😄
    He doesn't actually ;) I just watched it Christmas day as everyone else were watching it.

Why no fair city tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why no fair city tonight

They blew the budget on the Christmas episode. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jack and Wayne Jr must be the same age now. ;)

I dreamt last night that Pete was a cross dresser wtf is wrong with me

The moustache must really be affecting you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just catching up on Christmas day episode. Why is Paul wearing the suit on Christmas morning?
    And why is the shop open?
    Imagine having Christmas with those 2 dinosaurs, Cass the sponging spoofer, and Charlie with his multi-accents.

That Christmas promo simply lied to all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I know. Heather was wearing the same green dress and novelty hair band on Christmas day as in the ad. Is it still to happen? Is it not happening at all? Was it a mistake? It was practically false advertising! I was thinking all the Brennan's having their champagne outside were there to witness heather running from mccoys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Thanks for that image tajd. I won't be able to look at Pete again without seeing him in stockings and suspenders. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Thanks for that image tajd. I won't be able to look at Pete again without seeing him in stockings and suspenders. :D

Stocking, suspenders, a basque, high heels, that horrendous moustache, and dancing to The Y. M. C. A.... Jaysis, I'll never get a wink of sleep again with that image going through my mind.

I think the trailer may refer to this week's episodes in fact but it's definitely confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Again, I ask, where are the spoilers?! :'(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement