Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Warning

Time to lay off the Orla bashing, we get it, you're not a fan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

Kerry Ann is a dose wish they would get rid of her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ah lads, anyone who'ss incredulous at her being over the top at the child needing an operation should read this thread. Seems all it takes to get some people in a lather is a chat about Fair City.
    There's a chill pills dispensary needed around here I think:)

I've seen much worse acting, it's a storyline that would be difficult to get much momentum behind but for a bit if histrionics maybe, it's just an ear compliant after all. The obvious storyline would've been junior needing a transplant of some sort but I'm glad they left it at an ear infection. Seriously ill baby storylines are not fun to watch or live through.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

audi12 wrote: »
    Kerry Ann is a dose wish they would get rid of her

AH NO, I like Kerry Ann!!!

morebabies wrote: »
    Hey I hope I didn't offend you over saying I think she's a good actress in the current storyline. I only come on this discussion thread for a bit of banter over the soaps. I was only saying I have seen moms behave in an over anxious way in hospitals over small health issues, hope I didn't imply this is how all moms behave, if so I apologise.

no need to apologise morebabies .... no offence taken:D

my only annoyance was with the way this storyline has been acted out ...... a mum behaving like that OTT and no help to anyone ... especially when there has been no diagnosis.

The more I saw this carry on night after night, the more I needed to rant about it .....its therapeutic !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Right this aint a fun thread no more ****

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Doctor Jim is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

Doctor Jim is a legend

He's a great actor too, hope he's around for a while

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

OK, we're a small country over here and I take ownership of my OTT negative reaction to 'Orlagate'.

I remember when Orla first appeared in FC. She was chasing Jimmy Doyle and got her man, for a while.

She was the new 'totty' at the time (10-15 years ago?). She's still got her looking well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shandashey wrote: »
    AH NO, I like Kerry Ann!!!

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Dean has a hoodie and a backpack in every scene now! Cheap costuming

Oh here is Wayne and Junior and...........

Given that Fair City writers have as much subtlety as an elephant in a kitchen, I am actually starting to think they are going down the route of Rachel/Mumbles (Rumbles)

hopefully the man himself Tommy Dillion makes an appearance soon

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bit late now Jim to be telling randomers to not be stopping you in the street for medical advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Given that Fair City writers have as much subtlety as an elephant in a kitchen, I am actually starting to think they are going down the route of Rachel/Mumbles (Rumbles)

Would be very plausible in fact. I don't think he's even ten years older than her and she's a grown woman now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

walshb wrote: »
    Bit late now Jim to be telling randomers to not be stopping you in the street for medical advice.
    True, and yet Dr Jim doesn't mind giving medical examinations in a public park, he can't make his mind up.

hopefully the man himself Tommy Dillion makes an appearance soon

He has been overtaken in the silver fox stakes by Dean I think, with poor Eoghan not far behind! (I use the word fox as a metaphor of rabid wolf for the latter!)

Strazdas wrote: »
    Would be very plausible in fact. I don't think he's even ten years older than her and she's a grown woman now.

It's not the plausability, it just doesn't sit right morally in my eyes! And I am a guy, and definitely not a prude!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Mumbles has had Callums Step-Mother (Niamh) , Mother (Jane) makes sense he would want to have Mumbletime with Callums sister (Rachel) complete the set.

Ruth wins in the acting stakes again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What is up with 'Junior'? And why do they need to find out a family history?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Have the medics even asked Orla and Wayne for their own medical history yet, assuming that they believe Wayne to be the father?

This Dr. Jim Street Diagnosis is actually getting hilarious at this stage!! Everywhere he goes he is harassed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Really poor way of bringing about the 'Wayne isn't Wayne's daddy' scenario. The storyline is soooo flimsy and the actors are well aware which makes for less than brilliant performances... It's a winning FC formula :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Does this doctor fella spend all of his time walking up and down the streets of Carraigstown looking for people in distress? In between making medical visits to The Spar, The Hungry Pig and the park?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Is Orla sporting two black eyes?

Poor Orla looks like she's the one that's been through a bare knuckle fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Does this doctor fella spend all of his time walking up and down the streets of Carraigstown looking for people in distress? In between making medical visits to The Spar, The Hungry Pig and the park?

Two minutes after him telling Dean he couldn't see him as he had a full surgery waiting for him, he was lurking in McCoy's doorway listening to Orla and Caomhe's conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

mloc123 wrote: »
    What is up with 'Junior'? And why do they need to find out a family history?

I think he's got The Plague. Either that or an ear infection.

• Advertisement

They'll never be another Tommy Dillion who could forget him sitting in the loft watching Judith through a hidden camera they were great days!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement