Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't think Debbie going back to work in Ballitine would need Emmet to be there... Really?

Imagine if he fell over on the way out and whacked his head!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

monkey9 wrote: »

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

just reading an article about the actress that plays Ellie. Looks like the Pushy Mother treatment exerted by her mammy is paying off. Apparently she has won international awards for her acting and does Disney voiceovers and has a tv series starting on the BBC!!

hmmmmmmmm, Am I missing something here!! ah, i guess she isnt the worst little actress to be fair

http://www.kildarenow.com/features/co-kildare-schoolgirl-has-nation-glued-to-television-screens-as-she-is-being-drugged-by-crazy-mother/66648
    Ellie is 12!?!?!? I thought she was 8,9 tops. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

They didn’t show what Dean was slicing /chopping tonight, probably nothing there due to cut backs. ;)............ That was a sudden turn there, when Bella was talking to Louise about being offered to work for Yvonne in Barcelona!?!? ....... Jesus, she's only there a few weeks and already she has a new business....who's supposed to look after the Bistro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Why isn't Deegan investigating the disappearance of Jane and Orla from McCoys? We saw Orla over Christmas, but I'm beginning to think Tommy has buried Jane in the grave with Mumbles. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

coolhull wrote: »
    Farrah : ''When I look down my camera lens at you, Heather, all I see is destruction, selfishness, my broken marriage. I see a lonely, bitter woman''

Jaysis, Farrah, where the fukk did you buy a camera like that? Bring it back to the shop and get your money back :eek:

Farrah "when i look down my lens .... i see dead people..like louise...michael..flyod.me da....2 fook with photography im going back to spar"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,857 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

thesultan wrote: »
    Did Pete think he was in 'Rebillion' instead of Fair City?

He could have a walk on part at this rate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I don't think Debbie going back to work in Ballitine would need Emmet to be there... Really?

Everyone else in the town works there, why not him!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

liam7831 wrote: »
    Jasus Louise is one sexy bit of stuff

I have to agree. I wouldn't kick her outta bed for eating crisps! ;) However, I'd love it if she left her hair down and SMILED more. She's a very beautiful girl but her FC look drives me mad. The hair in a bun look is fine for work, but Jesus, rolling out of bed or shower with the hair like that is a bit extreme. And it means she has a constant puss on her. Life isn't all bad, Louise!

Eoghan would still get the blame.
    They didn’t show what Dean was slicing /chopping tonight, probably nothing there due to cut backs. ;)............ That was a sudden turn there, when Bella was talking to Louise about being offered to work for Yvonne in Barcelona!?!? ....... Jesus, she's only there a few weeks and already she has a new business....who's supposed to look after the Bistro?

Sure who cares about the small details when there's a raging market for chopped tomatoes in Spain! :rolleyes:

Hmmm there is a potential story in that......... let me think......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Thankfully haven't seen much of this guff lately but caught a full episode last night.

Still some beauts:

Alma (is that her name?) goes mad and asks for a glass of red wine, Heather delegates this to random bar girl who has arrived out of nowhere (its feast of famine in McCoys - its the only pub in Ireland that takes on casual staff AFTER Christmas). Random bar girl then picks up a half pint glass to get the wine into while devious Heather pops open a panadol.

"Here you are missus - a half pint of Merlot" - she would say if she was allowed to talk.

In the meantime Pete is told to start invoicing for his work. Why the hell wouldn't he be charging for his services before this? His wife does not own the hotel. He is giving his time free for an owner he doesn't know or owe anything to. Might give him a shout and see if he'll come around and do a few free jobs in my house.

....and then there's Deegan - "Da Copper - wha?" - whose character seems to have been based on the stereotypical ideas of Garda by someone on Moore St. Big Eyes / Hips tell him that Ray is "having fun", "Fun?...." muses the stiff Garda as wanders off contemplating this idea like someone had just suggested to him he should have a sex change......

wtf all the extra's are speaking tonight extra money in the FC budget lol

I now love Jackie she is so kind & loving

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Coat22 wrote: »
    Thankfully haven't seen much of this guff lately but caught a full episode last night.

Still some beauts:

Alma (is that her name?) goes mad and asks for a glass of red wine, Heather delegates this to random bar girl who has arrived out of nowhere (its feast of famine in McCoys - its the only pub in Ireland that takes on casual staff AFTER Christmas). Random bar girl then picks up a half pint glass to get the wine into while devious Heather pops open a panadol.

"Here you are missus - a half pint of Merlot" - she would say if she was allowed to talk.

In the meantime Pete is told to start invoicing for his work. Why the hell wouldn't he be charging for his services before this? His wife does not own the hotel. He is giving his time free for an owner he doesn't know or owe anything to. Might give him a shout and see if he'll come around and do a few free jobs in my house.

....and then there's Deegan - "Da Copper - wha?" - whose character seems to have been based on the stereotypical ideas of Garda by someone on Moore St. Big Eyes / Hips tell him that Ray is "having fun", "Fun?...." muses the stiff Garda as wanders off contemplating this idea like someone had just suggested to him he should have a sex change......

I am pretty sure that Heather asked the barmaid to give Ama a glass of WHITE wine, although she had asked for red. Thought it might be the start of a new argument, but no.

I am pretty sure that Heather asked the barmaid to give Ama a glass of WHITE wine, although she had asked for red. Thought it might be the start of a new argument, but no.

You could be right - I actually couldn't make out what she said and had to ask my wife what it was Ama asked for. Either way the wine was going into a beer glass if Random Bar Maid had her way.

The more I see of this show the more I'm convinced its a transition year project for some Mount Anville kids

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Heather definitely asked the barmaid to get her a glass of white.

So it'd probably give her time to drug the red, bring it over. Ama then says she's tired, goes home, sleeps, and when she wakes up Heather is all over Doc

WTF has Cathal disappeared to?

For months on end he was popping up in every scene threatening people with about as much conviction as Mother Teresa and then he's just gone!

Note: I missed some of this drama over Christmas so he's may have been actually locked up for harassment about a month too late

Coat22 wrote: »
    WTF has Cathal disappeared to?

For months on end he was popping up in every scene threatening people with about as much conviction as Mother Teresa and then he's just gone!

Note: I missed some of this drama over Christmas so he's may have been actually locked up for harassment about a month too late

In what jurisdiction would a man who merely laundered criminally attained money, held an innocent female staff member hostage, done a runner from the scene of a crime, harassed, provoked and stalked a family bereaved of a loved one who was killed due to his criminal actions be in anyway liable to be questioned or cautioned by the police, never mind locked up.

Get a grip.

Dont worry, Cathal will be back and feature in a lovely lighthearted tale of forgiveness when he returns just in time to donate the vital thirty euro to get Charlie's much anticipated "fawn drayzzzzer" up and running and before we know it he will be chopping tomatoes in vinos and comparing bunnions with Bella and Cass and sha##ing Carrie Crowley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Surely Shane would do a blood test at this stage?!?

BINGO....just as I type it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Surely Shane would do a blood test at this stage?!?

BINGO....just as I type it!!!

So Heather doesn't get caught drugging her child she'll probably tell doctor man that she'll do it herself.

She will then give a sample of her own blood.

Doctor man will then determine that the daughter is pregnant. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

Lol at Heather: ''I can't manage a corkscrew''. Then what the hell is she doing working in a pub??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Charleygal wrote: »
    Lol at Heather: ''I can't manage a corkscrew''. Then what the hell is she doing working in a pub??

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Morgans

The Heather/Renee relationship is vastly more infuriating to watch than Making a Murderer. Worthy of a petition.

Does Heather get charged every time she calls Shane surely she does?

surely Ellie would see the white powder in her sandwhich and not eat it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

surely Ellie would see the white powder in her sandwhich and not eat it

You would imagine so seeing as she put enough in it to kill a horse.

Charleygal wrote: »

In McCoys the wine comes in barrels and is served in pint glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Is the Dean, Louise and Haley story the new "Just give me 5 minutes"?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,749 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why don't Yvonne sell the café?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,857 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

mloc123 wrote: »
    Is the Dean, Louise and Haley story the new "Just give me 5 minutes"?

I find it hard to believe that drip Dean would have two women fighting over him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

JP Liz V1 wrote:

It's a family business I think so she probably can't sell it without agreement from Bela etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

What do ya mean cafe? Don't u know the BISTRO is an experience in fine dining serving tomatoes in variety of ways and if ya don't like tomatoes GTFO yer barred.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement