Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,316 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Renee know Shane is Bob's son or is it only Alma who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

The occupants on Carrigstown need to invest in some three seater sofas or a few extra chairs. I thought Heather was going to squash Shane last night when she sat down beside him. :D And then Louise and Dean did the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

So... We have all seen Horrible Heather, left eyebrow arched, furtively looking round her, poisoning her own kid. Any theories out there about WHY she is doing this? Like, is it to get her clutches into the Doc, to elicit sympathy, vicarious Munchausens syndrome? What? Will we ever find out? Do we care?

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

All of the above plus keeping Ellie to herself & away from forming relationships with the likes of Farrah?

Feel for Ellie so much that she's become doubtful of herself and her health :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

youwould wrote: »
    I'm a gay lady and I think Louise is beautiful! She can eat crisps in my bed any time. :D

Ditto :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Dellnum

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    So... We have all seen Horrible Heather, left eyebrow arched, furtively looking round her, poisoning her own kid. Any theories out there about WHY she is doing this? Like, is it to get her clutches into the Doc, to elicit sympathy, vicarious Munchausens syndrome? What? Will we ever find out? Do we care?

She is doing this to get attention. When Ellie was in hospital Heather was getting great attention from everyone, so she wants to keep that going. She is also trying to get at Farrah by not letting Ellie have fun with her. As regards the Doc I think she is just trying to reassure herself that she could get him if she tried hard enough. That would give her ego a great boost. I just hope that the Doc doesn't succumb to her charms. Alma is like a nervous nelly when Heather gets anyway near Shane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I hate that coat Jackie is wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oh for god sake. Does everyone work or have a connection to The Ballantyne now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

haha That suit Dean was wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

How many weeks will Jackie and Bob go on at each other's throats until they inevitably get together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

haha That suit Dean was wearing.

It looked like he just put a blazer on over the vest he had on earlier! State of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Where is Jackies car that broke down that time, shes back to walking up and down Carrigstown main street.
    Jane is still missing, thats ridiculous now, they're missing a trick not having her and Heather at each other.
    It really is a pile of sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

How many weeks will Jackie and Bob go on at each other's throats until they inevitably get together?

How many weeks were bob & Judy at each other's throats before they became kitchen press lovers??

Beechfiled wrote: »
    Where is Jackies car that broke down that time, shes back to walking up and down Carrigstown main street.
    Jane is still missing, thats ridiculous now, they're missing a trick not having her and Heather at each other.
    It really is a pile of sh!te.

If Jane ever returns she will definitely musled in on Dr love, that will be another 3 /4 way story line...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Foggy Jew wrote: »

Heather has developed into a very nasty and dislikeable character this time around. The fact that her child almost died and she is still at this and does not care shows she is beyond just nastiness and has it in her to be a female Billy Meehan, Bill Taylor, Paddy Bishop or Marty Halpin but in a more subtle nonviolent way. Like them, she is a control freak and will let nothing stop her. I'd rank her vastly more evil than Cathal Spillane, Sylvester Garrigan or even Thomas Flynn (all who had likeable characteristics and showed some form of a conscience).

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

laylag wrote: »
    It looked like he just put a blazer on over the vest he had on earlier! State of it!

Dean miami vice style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Heather has developed into a very nasty and dislikeable character this time around. The fact that her child almost died and she is still at this and does not care shows she is beyond just nastiness and has it in her to be a female Billy Meehan, Bill Taylor, Paddy Bishop or Marty Halpin but in a more subtle nonviolent way. Like them, she is a control freak and will let nothing stop her. I'd rank her vastly more evil than Cathal Spillane, Sylvester Garrigan or even Thomas Flynn (all who had likeable characteristics and showed some form of a conscience).

How about Goo Eyes? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

laylag wrote: »
    It looked like he just put a blazer on over the vest he had on earlier! State of it![/QUOTE
    Crockett all we need now is tubbs.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

What the fcuk are we supposed to make of this ''designer handbag'' business?
    Greasy puts three cardboard boxes on the bar counter and tells tells Emmet to recycle the boxes, obviously not expecting Emmet to notice that the biggest, heaviest, box is full of ripped-off, smuggled goods.
    Emmet calls Hayley and after a quick glance at the outside of the box, she can ascertain what the stuff is worth. There's no need to check the contents, sure everyone knows that a brown cardboard box can only contain hugely expensive handbags And this modelling-agent, Public Relations guru and fashion expert decides that Jumble-sale Boy would make a legitimate business partner and goes 50/50 on the deal.
    And though Caoimhe is standing behind a solid stone pillar 35 feet away, she can still hear a whispered conversation. She reports back to Greasy, who asks no questions, but recognises straightaway that he's being conned by these two. He leaves the viewers in no doubt that he is somewhat displeased, and conveys his intent to avenge this wrong by glowering dangerously into mid-air, mustache and stubble bristling with menace.
    And so begins five weeks of a ridiculous, going-nowhere storyline that would make an episode of Teletubbies look like the Godfather Part 2.....

It's obvious that Heather has Munchausen by proxy syndrome..... I think this is a first for a Soap, now keep in mind this is FC, will they just drop it or carry on to a conclusion? I understand these things don't resolve themselves in a 3 month episode, but I think it will and should be dragged out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Bob to Jackie: ''You and I, we're both professional people''

Right, Bob, managing a hotel and running a chip-shop with an 8-inch hotplate, sure there's no difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

coolhull wrote: »
    Bob to Jackie: ''You and I, we're both professional people''

Right, Bob, managing a hotel and running a chip-shop with an 8-inch hotplate, sure there's no difference

Hey,Bob's amazing gourmet burgers saved the Ballantyne from certain closure! There isn't a single chef to be found in the whole of Dublin y'know....

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

This Munchausen by proxy syndrome story line is def a first for soaps..it quite exciting to see FC tackling this serious condition...i just cant wait to see how they fxxk it up..

A. They just stop the storyline mid air while we pull our hair out

B. Tomcam has a recording of the lot

C. Heather is caught & admits it to renee farrah screwie and deegan and is forgiven all in a 30second clip

D. Heather gets a wheelchair & follows dan 2 london and ellie disappears... noone questions anything

E. Heather and Ellie goes to Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

When Kerrie Ann was squealing and hugging Louise in the kitchen, she nearly knocked Louise's empty mug of tea out of her hand. Can FC not even afford to put a drop of dirty water in the cups so it looks half believable?! :rolleyes:

Sidenote: whoever from FC actually reads this thread (we know ye do), thanks for letting Louise wear her hair down. ;):D

It's obvious that Heather has Munchausen by proxy syndrome..... I think this is a first for a Soap, now keep in mind this is FC, will they just drop it or carry on to a conclusion? I understand these things don't resolve themselves in a 3 month episode, but I think it will and should be dragged out...

No no no no no no no no no no :mad::mad::mad:
    please DON'T drag this story on any longer .....I actually can't bear it!

I know it's potentially a serious condition but not on FC! Nothing ever goes anywhere in FC. Good plots are lost, story lines vanish, people disappear .
    Above all I hate Heather the character .....Farrah sees through her so clearly ....go Farrah .....everyone else is thick including the doctor who is not thinking with his brain (!!).

Oops ......was that a joke ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think Shane knows Heather is a bit touched but he can't resist attending to her as he finds her attractive, she is too, very attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,316 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dellnum wrote: »
    I think Shane knows Heather is a bit touched but he can't resist attending to her as he finds her attractive, she is too, very attractive.

He defo wants to tap that (oh god I sound so male)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

She's no Louise though

• Advertisement

I prefer Heather's looks to Louise, I think Heather's face is full of fun and laughter, whereas Louise, while attractive, is very sullen. That's just my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement