Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Apologies Talking Bread, missed that.

I'm only messing with you!!! But yeah, we all joked about its probability!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I always thought stripey would have an affair with Tommy......

I think Jackie was way better suited to Leo not Bob....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »

I thought Jackie was getting with Paul at one stage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

fin12 wrote: »

Well it did look like Jackie was heading in Leo's direction for a while but one day one of the scriptwriters was typing up the script and there must have been a typo or something wrong with the autocorrect or predictive text or whatever and Leo's name was replaced with Bob and the scriptwriter was going on holidays or something and in the handover the error wasn't spotted because in fairness Leo and Bob each have three letters in their names .........?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Sorry lads but is ''stripey'' Bob???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

stripey is Eoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I thought Stripey was Debbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

je551e wrote: »
    stripey is Eoghan

I thought Stripey was Debbie? Isn't Eoghan Gripey? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

sligojoek wrote: »

Yip, Eoghan is Gripey

• Registered Users Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

sligojoek wrote: »

Stripey referring to her habit of wearing tops with stripes on them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Stripey is Debbie,Gripey is Eoghan, Li'l Stripey is Katey

It's so sad that I know that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

coolhull wrote: »

Isn't Katie just 'Minnie mouse' since she wore her hair in two huge buns for weeks when she first arrived on the scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

coolhull wrote: »

Who came up with those perfect names? Was it a group effort or The Talking Bread?
    Lordy, we need to get a life. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

No. I'm only on last Sunday night!

Isn't Katie just 'Minnie mouse' since she wore her hair in two huge buns for weeks when she first arrived on the scene?

The nicknames are fluid, and can be changed at a moment's notice :)
    Who came up with those perfect names? Was it a group effort or The Talking Bread?

If I remember correctly,it was a team effort :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Emmet with the snood and that wool cardigan/coat, ridiculous.
    I just can't look at Bela anymore, his grey hair, grey face, grey clothes, negative pessimistic attitude. He'd turn milk sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I just can't look at Bela anymore, his grey hair, grey face, grey clothes, negative pessimistic attitude. He'd turn milk sour.

He literally does nothing but sit in Vino's all day with his empty coffee cup and face of misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What Doyle child is returning next?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is the one who played Rita dead in real life?

Post of the thread 😄😄😄😄😄 love to substitute all Stripey posts with her name for bobs name! Would be funny I'd say 😉

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is the one who played Rita dead in real life?

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Yeah.

Since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I don't think she is dead. It would've been in the news and she was alive when the character of Rita passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

youwould wrote: »
    I don't think she is dead. It would've been in the news and she was alive when the character of Rita passed away.

She's definitely alive. She wasn't too happy about not being interviewed during the Late Late Show tribute in 2013 :

http://www.herald.ie/news/fair-city-star-im-disgusted-at-late-late-29302992.html

I believe she may have been forced out of FC due to ill health, she's had a lot of health problems for quite a few years it seems.

Strazdas wrote: »
    She's definitely alive. She wasn't too happy about not being interviewed during the Late Late Show tribute in 2013 :

http://www.herald.ie/news/fair-city-star-im-disgusted-at-late-late-29302992.html

I believe she may have been forced out of FC due to ill health, she's had a lot of health problems for quite a few years it seems.

My apologies

He's a dreadful character! Adds nothing! And he is essentially just playing his real life persona. When you see genuinely good actors like Christy and Jo been forced out and the likes of him souring up the place it irritates a bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Dellnum

Strazdas wrote: »

I believe that she wasn't getting paid enough for her appearances and thus decided to quit. Maybe that contributed to the fact that she wasn't on the Late Late show either, past grievances and they may have been afraid she would tell why she quit.

Jim Bartley was a good character in his day, but due to ill health recently he doesn't get energetic parts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Dellnum wrote: »

Jim Bartley was a good character in his day, but due to ill health recently he doesn't get energetic parts now.

So he should quit, and bring his Shakespeare/inner city dinosaur friend with him, and that bum with the smelly brown leather jacket.

I hope The Joker is found out soon, this story is going on way too long.

So he should quit, and bring his Shakespeare/inner city dinosaur friend with him, and that bum with the smelly brown leather jacket.

I hope The Joker is found out soon, this story is going on way too long.

Eamon Morrissey (Cass) (ie "the bum with the smelly brown leather jacket" is a brilliant actor. He plays the character great but when he is surrounded by moronic actors or ridiculous characters or given silly bunion storylines, what can the man do!!

Handy money for him I guess so doubt he cares

• Advertisement

Dellnum wrote: »

I'm sorry to say I'm old enough to remember Jim Bartley back in his Tolka Row days (the only suburban Irish soap in the late sixties) when women thought he was handsome and sexy.
    Mind you, in those days there wasn't much competition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement