Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

Wonder how money Heather paid each time to see Shane unless she has a medicinal card for Ellie?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Emmet with the snood and that wool cardigan/coat, ridiculous.
    I just can't look at Bela anymore, his grey hair, grey face, grey clothes, negative pessimistic attitude. He'd turn milk sour.

Agree completely, he drags the mood down in every scene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Rodney12

I don't understand why Jackie would pick Bob over Leo to go out with, Leo would be way more fun and I always think when he's going out with someone he treats them really well.

Rodney12 wrote: »
    I don't understand why Jackie would pick Bob over Leo to go out with, Leo would be way more fun and I always think when he's going out with someone he treats them really well.

Bob seems a bit posher and more highbrow than Leo, perhaps that's the appeal. But then again, there's nothing posh or highbrow about Pete, so it's unclear what type of man she goes for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Strazdas wrote: »
    She's definitely alive. She wasn't too happy about not being interviewed during the Late Late Show tribute in 2013 :

http://www.herald.ie/news/fair-city-star-im-disgusted-at-late-late-29302992.html

I believe she may have been forced out of FC due to ill health, she's had a lot of health problems for quite a few years it seems.

Yes, RTE couldn't keep up the repair bills for her Bell!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Rodney12 wrote: »

i think the fact that Bob doesn't live with a hyperactive ditzy young blonde who sticks her nose into everyones love life is a bonus on Bobs side. Possibility of these cheaper gourmet processed frozen burgers are also a positive . And the chance to get your passport photo on Bobs fridge is every young girls dream..........

and hasn't Leo been mugged, house burgalled or held up in his taxi so many times that any woman would be cautious about being around him!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

i think the fact that Bob doesn't live with a hyperactive ditzy young blonde who sticks her nose into everyones love life is a bonus on Bobs side. Possibility of these cheaper gourmet processed frozen burgers are also a positive . And the chance to get your passport photo on Bobs fridge is every young girls dream..........

and hasn't Leo been mugged, house burgalled or held up in his taxi so many times that any woman would be cautious about being around him!
    Not to mention the one that went missing and was never seen again.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Not to mention the one that went missing and was never seen again.

Oh Leo has had a few that wen missing! Svetlana and Welfare Fraudlana being two examples!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Bob seems a bit posher and more highbrow than Leo, perhaps that's the appeal. But then again, there's nothing posh or highbrow about Pete, so it's unclear what type of man she goes for.

And shur wasn't Leo shagging Sandy for a while, the mother of Shannon

liam7831 wrote: »
    And shur wasn't Leo shagging Sandy for a while, the mother of Shannon

well considering Shannon is his daughter and Sandy his ex wife, i would reckon they had a few intimate moments, yeah.... !

• Advertisement

Is Jackie 2 sons still apart of the show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim is returning and Heather has her wicked way with Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Where is the best place to get spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

She's definitely alive. She wasn't too happy about not being interviewed during the Late Late Show tribute in 2013 :

http://www.herald.ie/news/fair-city-star-im-disgusted-at-late-late-29302992.html

I believe she may have been forced out of FC due to ill health, she's had a lot of health problems for quite a few years it seems.

Thought it was very poor show from Jim Bartley that he did not mention her,
    especially as she was in the audience. I was gobsmacked when he pointedly
    ignored her existence by just referring to 'the bereavement'. It was a truly
    cringeworthy moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Dellnum wrote: »
    I believe that she wasn't getting paid enough for her appearances and thus decided to quit. Maybe that contributed to the fact that she wasn't on the Late Late show either, past grievances and they may have been afraid she would tell why she quit.

Jim Bartley was a good character in his day, but due to ill health recently he doesn't get energetic parts now.

Iirc, Jim Bartley was to the forefront in making demands for more pay from
    RTE. His role may have been minimised after that. I seem to remember that
    the same thing happened to Joe Lynch on Glenroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

STIG83 wrote: »

I just read a bit from Irish Daily Star Chic magazine

brooke 2 wrote: »
    RTE. His role may have been minimised after that. I seem to remember that

Interesting brooke, I don't think he has had a storyline of any description for a very long time. He always seems to be just hovering in the background.

He usually turns up when one of his daughters have a problem. Gives them a bit of advice and disappears till he has to say goodbye just before they emigrate for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

brooke 2 wrote: »
    RTE.
    His role may have been minimised after that. I seem to remember that

I remember that. That was around the mid-90s and it was before FC aired all year round. They were doing two episodes a week and and taking a 3 month break for the summer. Something happened one year during the summer with Jim Bartley and RTE, I'm not sure exactly what, but I do remember that FC production for the autumn of that year was delayed for a few weeks and RTE had to repeat episodes from the previous series to make up for it. It was when Paul and Nicola were getting married and Donal Maher had blackmailed Nicola because she slept with him a few days prior to the wedding.

youwould wrote: »
    I remember that. That was around the mid-90s and it was before FC aired all year round. They were doing two episodes a week and and taking a 3 month break for the summer. Something happened one year during the summer with Jim Bartley and RTE, I'm not sure exactly what, but I do remember that FC production for the autumn of that year was delayed for a few weeks and RTE had to repeat episodes from the previous series to make up for it. It was when Paul and Nicola were getting married and Donal Maher had blackmailed Nicola because she slept with him a few days prior to the wedding.

Some info on this here :

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/alls-fair-in-love-and-war-26550149.html

Seems the show was nearly cancelled and taken off air at that point.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I swear to god that is one of the most dissapointing things ever. Shane is genuinely such a nice guy. He wouldn't ever do that. Fk FC ruining characters. Stick Dan in a wheelchair, brush mumbles head against a counter, give junior an ear infection, just don't destroy a genuinely likeable character. ðŸ˜

Interesting brooke, I don't think he has had a storyline of any description for a very long time. He always seems to be just hovering in the background.

He doesn't even hover, just sits in a chair. Genuinely hasn't been standing for three years. Why keep someone who has no impact on the show both physically and emotionally and get rid of loveable characters like Christy and good actors like Jo. (One of my favourite fair city scenes in last three years was Jo and Dermish at the school renunion... they were a poor but albeit reasonable humorous sally and Tim of Carrigstown)

STIG83 wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/car-spoiler

He doesn't even hover, just sits in a chair. Genuinely hasn't been standing for three years. Why keep someone who has no impact on the show both physically and emotionally and get rid of loveable characters like Christy and good actors like Jo. (One of my favourite fair city scenes in last three years was Jo and Dermish at the school renunion... they were a poor but albeit reasonable humorous sally and Tim of Carrigstown)

They don't seem to have given him a storyline for several years either. We just see him "interacting" with Yvonne, Louise, Charlie, Cass etc. The nearest thing I can think of is Emily Bishop on Corrie, just someone constantly in the background of the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Emmet with the snood and that wool cardigan/coat, ridiculous.
    I just can't look at Bela anymore, his grey hair, grey face, grey clothes, negative pessimistic attitude. He'd turn milk sour.

Bella always reminds me of the John Major puppet in Spitting Image

MajorSpittingImage.jpg

Does anyone recall the absurdly random tribute to Jim Bartley (at least I think it was a tribute to him?) LLS done a few years when they were obviously short of guests and raided the RTE canteen. It was awful stuff! And then he was asked to sing and he got up and destroyed a song, no tone, no rythm, forgot most of the words and essentially was just murmuring under his breath! Don Baker was there also!

I'll try and find it!

BUT I WARN YOU.......... .......... I take no responsibility for its content!!

Does anyone recall the absurdly random tribute to Jim Bartley (at least I think it was a tribute to him?) LLS done a few years when they were obviously short of guests and raided the RTE canteen. It was awful stuff! And then he was asked to sing and he got up and destroyed a song, no tone, no rythm, forgot most of the words and essentially was just murmuring under his breath! Don Baker was there also!

I'll try and find it!

BUT I WARN YOU.......... .......... I take no responsibility for its content!!

Here we go.............

She was only a poitin maker's daughter but I loved herr still.

Here we go.............

Ouch! Sounds like some bloke singing in a pub (after a few) and he seems to be a charisma free zone as well.

• Advertisement

for flipp sake. Just put her in hospital Shane. Elly sick on the couch, can barely move and the StreetDoctor comes in and tells her to get up and go out and get him some water! Why wouldnt he ask Heather to do this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement