Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The Pod is fully booked and not a backpacker in sight!.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

The Pod is fully booked and not a backpacker in sight!.. :rolleyes:

Rachel is making me cringe the way she's acting like her little hostel is such serious competition to other businesses .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

There actually was a Massive Attack gig in Dublin this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

There actually was a Massive Attack gig in Dublin this week!

it wasn't in the script by coincidence.......you do know that! they would have checked the listings when they wrote the script.

what sort of model is Howdya Hayley meant to be anyway. She carries herself and her posture with less elegance and grace than Twink on the p#ss.
    Louise would have been a far more realistic model. Empty soul, less animated, shocked facial expression, and, in my opinion, better looking. Ps i amn't saying Hodwya Hayley isnt good looking, just something less classy about how she carries herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

it wasn't in the script by coincidence.......you do know that! they would have checked the listings when they wrote the script.

I do know that but it meant the writers had to do some research. Fair City writers:p:p

Odds on Cass, Bella & Charlie invading Pauls gaff to watch the next Mcgregor fight?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Due to Boards being down, I was forced to watch two FC episodes knowing that I wouldn't even have this thread to take the sting out of it. Pure agony (thanks, Boards).
    It's hard to know where to start....
    The Rachel/Jackie story issue sh1te, of course. We're expected to believe that a 3-bedroom hostel is in direct competition with a four - star hotel. Even last night a fictitious caller, when told the hostel was 'booked out', asked Rachel to recommend a good hotel instead. Sure everyone knows that backpackers, if they can't get a bed in a hostel, always prefer the next best thing, a fancy hotel. Though it has to be admitted that the DolphinPod webwebsite offers 'FREE BREAKFAST! The website neglects to mention that the cordon bleu breakfast is actually a roll from the nearby chip shop. But I suppose that's an easy mistake to make.

Rachel : "I fired Jackie".
    Did ya, pet? Fired her from what exactly?
    I remember you taking her on as a 'consultant' in your massive three - room hostel empire. The question is, will Jackie be able to survive such a huge drop in her income?

And the Cass poitin story is another indication of the lack of research by the 'writers'. I know this because my grandfather used to make the 'quare' stuff back in the sixties. Due to the smell of the mixture, he had to make it in an isolated area, (actually a disused rural farmhouse) Take it from me, you couldn't possible distill poitin in an urban environment. The pong created by the process would have the police down in no time. But Cass is able to produce it by the gallon on his city allotment. Ah, Jaysis!
    And I haven't even touched on Superdoc and Heather, or Guinness - head and the 'Bistro'. And don't let me get started on the Bob/Jackie affair, or Bela's ability to know exactly what Louise wants done in the restaurant, even though she's in Spain.
    Me head is wrecked here.....

coolhull wrote: »
    Due to Boards being down, I was forced to watch two FC episodes knowing that I wouldn't even have this thread to take the sting out of it. Pure agony (thanks, Boards).
    The Rachel/Jackie story issue sh1te, of course. We're expected to believe that a 3-bedroom hostel is in direct competition with a four - star hotel. Even last night a fictitious caller, when told the hostel was 'booked out', asked Rachel to recommend a good hotel instead. Sure everyone knows that backpackers, if they can't get a bed in a hostel, always prefer the next best thing, a fancy hotel. Though it has to be admitted that the DolphinPod webwebsite offers 'FREE BREAKFAST! The website neglects to mention that the cordon bleu breakfast is actually a roll from the nearby chip shop. But I suppose that's an easy mistake to make.
    Rachel : "I fired Jackie". Did you, love? Fired her from what exactly?
    I remember you taking her on as a 'consultant' in your massive three - room hostel empire. The question is, will Jackie be able to survive such a huge drop in her income?

Me head is wrecked here.....

dont tell the mods but i might just set up another account just to like this again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Rachel : "I fired Jackie".
    Did ya, pet? Fired her from what exactly?

And would a three bedroom hostel in the suburbs be "booked out" in the middle of January? Seems very unlikely, the place is several miles from the city centre where there are numerous large hostels. Are there any backpacker hostels out in the suburbs at all in fact? Most of them seem to be in the general inner city area.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Why did Dr big eyes do this to us.... we warned him....we told him...but no oh no his eyes were literally bigger than his belly....talking soft about passion with headder has messed things up now for nussy...

As for Rachels semi-d ... well thats a load of s#$t ... back packers wud sleep in casses shed or bath suckin poitin outta casses sock before they wud cough up real beans for 4 star hotels..... and as for offering back packers a 10% discount in a few weeks... ya right ..they will probably be in Africia by then...

But as for carrievision and bob... well thats just creepy....its wrong and i dont know why.. but each time they touch i feel unwell...not appendix unwell but just unsettled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Tuesday nights episode was a brilliant bit of TV.

It seems to be Sunday morning in Carrigstown.
    Everyone is out for breakfast.
    In the Bistro, it is daylight and having set down and examined the extensive menu, the Dr and his girl decide they actually need to go to the diner.
    Bella is having issues with Dean.
    Despite the fact its down the road, by the time the Dr gets to the Hungry Pig its dark out. There must have been an eclipse as they're still ordering breakfast.
    Meanwhile Bella has moved on from the Bistro to the Station and has necked a pint. Now he can't do this before 12:30 on a Sunday so its either after that time or Caoimhe has organised a lock in or the Dr and his girlfriend are having brunch (and its still dark on that side of the street)
    Suddenly Caoimhe and Bella are back in the Bistro and Caoimhe for some unknown reason has turned up to start managing the place.

The show is truly bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Just catching up with the last few episodes. Ridiculous that Shane would embark on an affair with Heather. Fair enough if she looked like a stunning woman in her 20s (i.e Neasa), it would be a bit believable. But for him to be interested in a 40 odd year old with a constant stupid grin on her face with an awful personality doesn't ring true.

We're back lads & ladies. Hooray lol I had to watch fair city without you lot

Ok so does Shane charge Heather each time she calls him to see Ellie or not and if so s home visit calls in Dublin I though she had no money yet had the cash to buy a red dress

Shouldn't she be saving for a flat for her and the daughter

No sign of Hughie lately, Heather seems to have taken over the pub as well as the flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Dean "we were robbed"
    Leo "did they take anything"

Who writes this BS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Shane: "I can't......"

Ama: "You can't what?"

Shane: "I can't believe that someone is being paid to write this crap!"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No sign of Hughie lately, Heather seems to have taken over the pub as well as the flat.

He must have gone looking for Jane.

Since when did Heather and Carol become friends? I don't think I'veI've ever seen them in a scene together....... Who writes this ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Are Tommy and Charlotte going to embark on an ilicit relationship? Walked past Niamh today she gave me the death stare. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Has poor Ama ever been in a relationship where she wasn't cheated on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Rachel and jackie need to go away, and for god sake get rid of that bon Jovi jacket.
    Heather is so desperate she's cringey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Are Tommy and Charlotte going to start going out with each other?....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

fin12 wrote: »
    Are Tommy and Charlotte going to start going out with each other?....
    Could you imagine the face on Caoimhe if she discovered that.

poor Doug's imaginary relationship, thats all!!

i think this show needs a certain former character to return to solve the issues with Ellie in Carrigstown, someone to give twenty four hour care for her..... "Howdya buddys im baaaaack!!"

Ringo was a nurse wasnt he????

ps, isnt Shane the least likely character ever to pronounce himself as some thrillseeking freedomseeker!

sligojoek wrote: »
    Could you imagine the face on Caoimhe if she discovered that.

same scowly face as always i imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

SO bored with FC at the moment. Heather will have to take out a mortgage at this stage to pay for all the GP visits. I'm annoyed with Dr Big Eyes for succumbing to the She Devil. It's all so inevitable.
    And don't get me started on Tycoon Rachel :mad:

I think it's a joke that Rachel is running a business and going to college at the same time or is that just me?

Also the product placement for the credit union should ask for their money back no one is ever in there

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

max life wrote: »
    Just catching up with the last few episodes. Ridiculous that Shane would embark on an affair with Heather. Fair enough if she looked like a stunning woman in her 20s (i.e Neasa), it would be a bit believable. But for him to be interested in a 40 odd year old with a constant stupid grin on her face with an awful personality doesn't ring true.
    A 40 year old woman with a constant grin on her face?
    But that's the FC's 'writers' idea of what a spoilt, devious, child-poisoning, man-eating woman woman would look like.
    And they're obviously the best writers in the country.......Aren't they? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And to think she gave Shane her cherry

A 40 year old woman with a constant grin on her face?
    But that's the FC's 'writers' idea of what a spoilt, devious, child-poisoning, man-eating woman woman would look like.
    And they're obviously the best writers in the country.......Aren't they? :(

An interesting and debatable question Coolhul...........

wait until I do a bit of research on it......

here we go,,,,,,,,

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Fair city just keep doing the same formula over & over: affair starts, one party gets cold feet for a few days, affair resumes, they go off screen for a week, when they return the affair gets found out yadda yadda yadda. In fact I believe they just did that formula exactly with 'Oh Maaaaxxxxx!!'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement