Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Is that not the Station in the bottom right? I can see why Caoimhe wants to move if so - talk about isolated :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭CassieManson

desbrook wrote: »
    No Junior born June '14 alright. For some reason it only seems like months ago !

http://evoke.ie/evoke/fair-city-orla-has-baby-early

We shouldn't be too surprised at the size of Junior as a 18 month old when you see the size he was as a newborn!

He has always been very advanced for his age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I actually don't think it's shot on location, the exterior parts. The interior bar would be part of the studio set though and it has always been inferred that it is part of the village make up.

What next, The Hungry Pig is actually located in Cork?

Coat22 wrote: »
    Is that not the Station in the bottom right? I can see why Caoimhe wants to move if so - talk about isolated :-)

Aha missed that! It is a bit of a trek alright!

• Advertisement

Tune in over the next week, the annual FC awards will be coming your way.....

Anyone who may have any special categories (omitting nominations please) do feel free to throw them down.

I'm hoping to rent out The Ballantyne for the night for the awards ceremony and have Leo as MC....

Oh and isn't Caoimhe a bit of a local bike? Couldn't she cycle herself there? And the extra few minutes away from self anointed comedian Damo would be a godsend for anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

I'm hoping to rent out The Ballantyne for the night for the awards ceremony and have Leo as MC....

You'll need someone to do the food! Anyone know where we could get some half decent burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

What is that little numb skull Wayne at now... if he starts the same spun out rubbish of .... goes behind orlas back spends juniors pocket money on a high risk investment and loses everything ...then makes orla wail for the next 6 months im going to drive to fair city set and give the work placement writer a wedgie.... please oh please dont do this to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Where are Wayne and Orla living now. Is that Paul and Niamh's old house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Where are Wayne and Orlando living now. Is that Paul and Niamh's old house?

No, that's a dolphin pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Where are Wayne and Orla living now. Is that Paul and Niamh's old house?

It is brennans old place ... they left the pod cause the noise was too much from the non existant guests

Rose016 wrote: »
    What is that little numb skull Wayne at now... if he starts the same spun out rubbish of .... goes behind orlas back spends juniors pocket money on a high rish investment and loses everything ...then makes orla wail for the next 6 months im going to drive to fair city set and give the work placement writer a wedgie.... please oh please dont do this to us.

Wayne can do what he wants! Especially if it comes at the cost of notJenniferAniston. He is alongside Ram, Leo, Ray and Doug as untouchable legends of C Town

Tune in over the next week, the annual FC awards will be coming your way.....

Anyone who may have any special categories (omitting nominations please) do feel free to throw them down.

Oh no not this again

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

desbrook wrote: »
    No Junior born June '14 alright. For some reason it only seems like months ago !

http://evoke.ie/evoke/fair-city-orla-has-baby-early
    Will one of you guys text to remind me about Junior's birthday in June.
    I want to send him a card...

Where did the "not Jennifer Aniston" reference come from?.

squadro wrote: »
    Where did the "not Jennifer Aniston" reference come from?.

The actress that plays Orla, referred to herself, very seriously, as Irelands Jennifer Aniston. I don't even think she made the comparison in terms of acting ability or appearance. It was in terms of popularity. She was harping on about how none of the Fair City cast could tweet where they were going or they'd be swamped by fans

coolhull wrote: »
    Will one of you guys text to remind me about Junior's birthday in June.
    I want to send him a card...

At the rate he is growing up he could have moved to Australia by then looking for work.

Oh no not this again

?

?

Remember the last time this was done? Was it you? Whoever it was nominated all the characters themselves and spammed the thread with multiple categories then made voting needlessly complicated and then stormed off because people wouldn't play by their exact rules!

• Advertisement

Remember the last time this was done? Was it you? Whoever it was nominated all the characters themselves and spammed the thread with multiple categories then made voting needlessly complicated and then stormed off because people wouldn't play by their exact rules!

. It was only a suggestion and a bit of a laugh.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,753 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They weren't good days either. In fact Ama in those days had more voice and accent changes than Vinos has tomato..

I was being sarcastic when I said the good old days.

. It was only a suggestion and a bit of a laugh.............

I'm sure it will be a laugh alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

According to the Indo today, Fair City viewers have been 'gripped' by the Shane/Heather love tryst. Have we? Gripped by boredom maybe...

Anyway in tonight's episode apparently, warning spoiler alert, 'Shane tries to call things off with Heather, but she knows how to keep him coming back for more'
    Eh yeah lads, that's pretty much been happening in every episode for the last week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renee discovers this week
    about Sheather
    no doubt she will blame Farrah

What about the stock levels of Pringles in spar? I can't sleep for worry wondering.

I'm going to make a craaaaaazzzzzzżsy prediction. ..... at the start of the next episode shane and Ama will bump into Heather in Spar/Hungry Pig etc; Shane will tell Heather it's over between them, by the ad break she will have him up for Ellis daily appointment to the McCoys living room, just before the break Heather will have told ellie to f off somewhere leaving her in a compromising position with street doctors mouth wide open. After the break Shane will have wriggled himself free and told her unconvincingly that it's over and Heather ever present jokers grin will have saliva dribbling down it.; later on Shane and Ama will walk into McCoys and Shane will be shocked to see Heather is behind the counter (yes even though she is the only one behind it for months despite having a daughter on deaths door) , at the counter Shane will try order something and pretend to be oblivious to heaters drooling and sinister and downright ugly flirting. BY END OF EPISODE HEATHER WILL BE EATING STREET DOCTORS EYES AGAIN.

Apologies for the spoilers....... I have some for Wednesday and thursday also. If you want them just copy and paste the above paragraph and they should appear on this page magically. ..........

I can't cope, I really can't, maybe what's happened to Bella, the air of depression and gloom and hopelessness in his voice is due to working on these scripts.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    According to the Indo today, Fair City viewers have been 'gripped' by the Shane/Heather love tryst. Have we? Gripped by boredom maybe...

Anyway in tonight's episode apparently, warning spoiler alert, 'Shane tries to call things off with Heather, but she knows how to keep him coming back for more'
    Eh yeah lads, that's pretty much been happening in every episode for the last week or two.

ha!! completely!! Sure look at the post i wrote a few days ago! it couldnt be more repetitive if it tried! Grounddog day at its finest!! As i said before, four episodes per week is far too many. The quality of the show diminishing over time has a direct corelation to the addition of extra episodes and the fact that stories are ran over three months intensively with same characters and essentially same scenes every episode during that duration.

its not f'in rocket science how to solve these problems. Spread stories and character appearances over six or seven months at least and drop an episode! And then when stories climax, have maybe an hour long special etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

ha!! completely!! Sure look at the post i wrote a few days ago! it couldnt be more repetitive if it tried! Grounddog day at its finest!! As i said before, four episodes per week is far too many. The quality of the show diminishing over time has a direct corelation to the addition of extra episodes and the fact that stories are ran over three months intensively with same characters and essentially same scenes every episode during that duration.

its not f'in rocket science how to solve these problems. Spread stories and character appearances over six or seven months at least and drop an episode! And then when stories climax, have maybe an hour long special etc.

Ah but then there would be less work for the FC "actors" and "script writers"

FC exists (along with a host of RTE shows - Meaning of Life with Gay Byrne anyone??) )to provide a living to assorted friends of RTE who otherwise would actually have to drive Leo's taxi to make a wage.

They won't make less, they'll make more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I am beginning to wonder if it will ever come out now about Heather 'poisoning' Ellie but I have a feeling it will just go away now that Heather has clamped Dr. Shane. It seems that her making Ellie sick was setting up to be a Munchausen's By Proxy story line but then somewhere along the line it morphed into a ploy to get Shane. The penny probably won't even drop with him that coincidentally Ellie has made a miraculous recovery now that Heather has got him. And we will be left with endless episodes of Shane and Heather sneeking around, him ending it with her, him swearing his undying love to Ama, him and Heather getting it together again until the next round of actors currently on their break are due to come back from their breaks for their similarly pointless storylines

• Advertisement

I'm kind of hoping that *when* Shane dumps her she'll turn absolutely flippin Pyscho on him. That's what I'm holding out for anyway :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement