Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

fin12 wrote: »
    I just rang it, it's switched off..

OF COURSE IT IS!! its a non number!!! did you think youd get through to someone !! they use exact same number for all close up phone numbers

Rose016 wrote: »
    We had a dog that passed away & he got a better send off

well it was like a State funeral compared to Esthers send off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

OF COURSE IT IS!! its a non number!!! did you think youd get through to someone !! they use exact same number for all close up phone numbers

Ya well last time u were allowed leave a message..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

I just rang it, it's switched off..

Of course it's switched off. Poor Ama/now/Alma has gone in search of the Doc. He left five hours ago to get a large curry chip, batter burger and spice bag....and hasn't been seen since.

Us Boardsie's know that he's giving Horrible Heather a special injection of passion, but poor Ama/now/Alma is gagging for a curry covered chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Sometimes me wonders....why do all the lesbians in carrickstown end up together in the same place at the exact same time after months of disappearing...?? Like i live in a small town and seldom bump into my own family without arranging same ?

Anyway i hope Tomram gets all of FC pregnant this year so next year the writers will have a set of infants and the story lines which are running now will suit the peppa pig audience ...

Manmy pig drugs peppa...mammy pig kisses dr rabbit and everyone forgets peppa is strung out on pills...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Nah think alma/ama ordered curry chip and a large battered sausage but they only had them little chipolatas left.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Sometimes me wonders....why do all the lesbians in carrickstown end up together in the same place at the exact same time after months of disappearing...?? Like i live in a small town and seldom bump into my own family without arranging same ?

Anyway i hope Tomram gets all of FC pregnant this year so next year the writers will have a set of infants and the story lines which are running now will suit the peppa pig audience ...

Manmy pig drugs peppa...mammy pig kisses dr rabbit and everyone forgets peppa is strung out on pills...
    Then they all go to Grandpa Pig's house and drink coffee from empty cups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

I actually laughed out loud when Nina and Sash returned....and Laura happened to run into them. All three had been missing for months.

Yes, a soap has to give characters and plotlines a break, but FFS, 8/10 people disappear for months on end, then all arrive back together on the first flight back to Carrigstown.

And now, after failing to notice that his manager Jane and Orla had been missing since November, the bould Hughie has disappeared!
    He'll be back on St. Patrick's Day, I'd bet my last €. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Then they seemed to walk over the ashes when they left the park!
    I'd say Charlotte brought some home on her long jumper sleeves as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Here's hoping that Wayne gets a lucky break soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

zoobizoo wrote: »

Yeah, the number of sleepless nights I've spent worrying about that little family!
    No, I think Wayne is now in a job that suits him, replenishing supermarket shelves. Last night we saw him restock the soft drinks shelf, obviously the busiest area of the shop. It's where the extras stand for hours, studying the huge range on offer, earning their pin money. It's also where everything, from Ma's ashes to extramarital affairs, are discussed openly and honestly.
    Every shop should have a aisle like that. And a shelf stacker as thick as Wayne to keep it well stocked...

coolhull wrote: »
    No, I think Wayne is now in a job that suits him, replenishing supermarket shelves........ And a shelf stacker as thick as Wayne to keep it well stocked...

Nah - he deserves to find a lost lottery ticket underneath the newspaper stacks with just enough of a win to get him back on track in to the motor trade....

He also deserves a friend! What larks he and Jimmy Doyle used to have.

So that's "money" and a "friend" for Wayne in case the FC script writers are on here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I actually laughed out loud when Nina and Sash returned....and Laura happened to run into them. All three had been missing for months.

Yes, a soap has to give characters and plotlines a break, but FFS, 8/10 people disappear for months on end, then all arrive back together on the first flight back to Carrigstown.

And now, after failing to notice that his manager Jane and Orla had been missing since November, the bould Hughie has disappeared!
    He'll be back on St. Patrick's Day, I'd bet my last €. :D

LOL - I watched Sunday nights episode half cut and thought I was getting the DTs. Suddenly everyone was back, it reminded me of the original Shrek where all the fairy-tale characters were being rounded up in the one place!

The Lesbians (well 3 of them, the 4th won't be seen for months after Mumblesgate), Wayne, JA, Jnr (on growth hormones), Jane. All back in one 30 minutes interval. Brilliant.

Hughie, Me Daaaa, Paul, Charlie, Caddle, all sent away to be forgotten about for months. Rachel probably too as her empire storyline just fades away into nothing......

I was convinced. Convinced I was on Sunday night, half cut and all as I was that Wayne was about to strike big and end the misery.

....but no - same auld sh*te again.

Wayne spends the money he doesn't have. Wayne's enterprise loses because he's....well....a loser. Somebody miraculously finds out. Wayne hides it from JA. De Don Brennan is somehow involved.....WE'VE DONE THIS STORY A HUNDRED TIMES NOW!!!!!

Here's an idea:

Wayne sells the car a makes a few quid. Wayne sells another few cars and makes another few quid. Wayne stops working for Spar and goes into business against De Don. Wayne in his new found confidence starts an affair with Ama, Heather, Me Da and Niamh. JA joins The Lesbians.

Binjamin comes back to be unveiled as Wayne's son in some sort of miracle conception.

Pete has an affair with Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

It's a shame it's gone so bad. Does anyone remember the time Barry O'Hanlon killed Sarah? I remember FC being genuinely good viewing then. Or when Caddle covered up Lorcan's killing of Billy Meehan? Great storylines and great performances but now it's just farcical. There's about as much chemistry between the doctor and Heather as there is between a stale piece of bread and a golf ball and the same, repetitive storylines are just being rehashed ad nauseum. I still watch it though :o

Wayne is a great character!! the actor plays him brilliantly! fair enough, some of the stories he is involved in should be locked away but Waynes World is a funny place!! I'd love to see him and The Ram become allies!

he is such a legendary doofus! Everything he does, noone with half a brain would get involved in or/and lose his respect to get involved in! Even paying rent to a man who ran him to financial ruin and cost him, effectively, 1000000 euro , without contemplating how embarrassing it is just smacks of Wayne!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Its tommy ram that i watch this craic for... seriously he has a look about him kinda half mad half freaky... even if its an innocent bumping into someone in spar i actually think i can see his perv register going in his head...

Luv to see tomram & wayne & hughie all mixed up in some real drama.. it wud be better again if himself and wayne had some real comedy between them..like tim and kev off corrie...

Ah feck it what am i sayin... if that happened and it was a perfect soap id be on their fb fan page and not here having a great auld laugh for meself...roll on the sh1te FC .. keep me smiling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Hughie and Bob deserve a spin off show. Send them to the Euro's next year supporting the boys in green!

Hughie and Bob deserve a spin off show. Send them to the Euro's next year supporting the boys in green!

Throw Wayne in the camper van with them too.

Throw Wayne in the camper van with them too.

and The Lesbians

• Advertisement

.............and Shane, Ama/Amma/Alma and Heather........

f that, give Hughie a jersey and a bit of fake than!!

1446652869Kerala.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Merkin wrote: »
    It's a shame it's gone so bad. Does anyone remember the time Barry O'Hanlon killed Sarah? I remember FC being genuinely good viewing then. Or when Caddle covered up Lorcan's killing of Billy Meehan? Great storylines and great performances but now it's just farcical. There's about as much chemistry between the doctor and Heather as there is between a stale piece of bread and a golf ball and the same, repetitive storylines are just being rehashed ad nauseum. I still watch it though :o

To be honest it's not just FC that's got worse a lot of the other soaps are terrible compared to what they used to be. I still think FC is one of the better soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

To be honest it's not just FC that's got worse a lot of the other soaps are terrible compared to what they usedto be.

They need to go back to the crazy Heather. She's just consumed with Shane at the mo & its getting boring. Was more interesting when she was just plain psycho for no reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Good grief that heather is a dose.
    Are there really people like that in the world! She literally makes my skin crawl.

To be honest it's not just FC that's got worse a lot of the other soaps are terrible compared to what they used to be. I still think FC is one of the better soaps.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

She actually makes me sick even the look of her that heather
    Ama, hopefully she will turn her brain on one day, gormless

one days break from this horrible unrealistic nonsense plot. just one episode

Good grief that heather is a dose.
    Are there really people like that in the world! She literally makes my skin crawl.

no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

How could Shane or Heather not have heard Renee coming in?
    I could hear the door banging from where I'm sitting.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement