Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Coat22 wrote: »
    Absolute certainty! You can spot it a mile off in Soap World (in fairness not only FC):

Random Character 1 (RC1) and Random Character 2 (RC2) who have never been in a scene together before are suddenly shown having a deep heart to heart where RC1 pours his heart out to RC2 for no apparent reason. In FC this also means Dean changing locals as RC2 works in his usual local - the Notincarrigstown Station. Within 2 episodes they are going at it like rabbits on speed.

I could be wrong though. This was also my theory with Bella and Caoimhe when Bella suddenly started hanging out in the Notincarrigstown Station and telling her all his business problems. Still - maybe they will yet.

But who will be the third person in the relationship? ? In Carrigstown you can't have a relationship without a love triangle. Everyone knows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Why would Jane buy a car from Wayne? She never goes anywhere.
    Why does Wayne have a car? No one in Fair City is ever any more that 100m from home.
    Does Header have purple knickers and bra? Did she 'put a smile' on Shane's face?

Quite a lot are always either in Galway or Kilkenny :)

Caoimhe could also sell her car now that she doesn't need it to get to and from work in the Notcarrigstown Station. She could sell it to Bella who seems to spend his life there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heather tells Shane that Renee knows about the affair but she promises the doctor her mum won't say anything.

Renee has a different idea as she has warned her daughter that if Shane doesn’t tell Ama she will.

So in an effort to get the heat off herself and Shane, Heather poisons Ellie’s food to distract Renee, who promises to drop it for now.

Later when Heather and Shane are in the surgery, Heather says she has a headache and asks Shane to give her some prescription painkillers.

She tells him Brendan used to give her them and Shane gives her two but won't give her any more.

She then uses her charm and manipulates Shane into giving her more tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Quite a lot are always either in Galway or Kilkenny :)

Don't forget Cork. And stay out of Mallow.

• Advertisement

Can anybody else remember this storyline? I think at the time I loved it or I had a crush in Lauren Mcaleer. I remember. It was a really Celtic Tiger storyline.

http://presspack.rte.ie/2005/07/26/fair-city-broadcasts-two-exciting-weeks-of-drama-in-which-mondo-gets-caught-up-in-murder-drugs-and-insider-trading/

Fair City broadcasts two exciting weeks of drama in which Mondo gets caught up in Murder, Drugs and Insider Trading.

For the next two weeks, Fair City, will break from its normal storylines for a dramatic two week special entitled “Sins of our Children”. The plot revolves around Mondo O’Connell (George McMahon) and will result in his departure from the soap. The episodes will be broadcast in the usual Fair City time-slot at 8.00pm

The host of new characters will be joining the cast for the next two weeks, including some well-known faces from television, theatre and film. These include Gary Whelan (Brendan; Ballykissangel), Ciaran Fitzgerald (Ossie; Into The West), Colin O’Donoghue (Peter; Love is the Drug), Billy Carter (Festival), Orla O’Rourke (Jenny; The Clinic, 2nd Series)As the story begins, Mondo is becoming involved with a few of Lauren’s (Rachel Kavanagh) friends who are embroiled in insider trading. They’re young, rich and arrogant and are using information gleaned from their wealthy and influential parents for their own benefit. Between them they have amassed millions which are hidden away in offshore accounts.The group consists of Jake (Billy Carter), Finn (Ciaran Fitzgerald), Emmet (Colin O’Donoghue) and Avril (Orla O’Rourke). Jake is the brains of the operation, a Machiavellian character who is adept at manipulating the group. He’s also blackmailing Finn, supplying him with heroin while at the same time threatening to go public with his addiction.However, things quickly unravel for the group when Finn is murdered at a party in Emmet’s house. One person holds the key to what has happened: Mondo. He witnesses Finn’s death from a bedroom window. No one believes his account though, as Jake busily spins a web of lies in attempt to cover his tracks.To make matters worse, the Office of Corporate Enforcement notice something amiss in some of their companies’ transactions and the investigation leads them to Emmet.Mondo and Lauren rekindle their relationship. The reunion is short-lived, however, when Mondo finally admits the real reason for their break-up. He begs for forgiveness and tries to warn her about Jake. But it’s Jake that Lauren chooses to believe. Jake remains worried though – needs to be silenced if Jake’s to keep out of trouble with the law

I vaguely remember this. Well, I remember that it was heavily advertised on RTE - as if Mondo was the only character on the show. I didn't know that Colin O'Donoghue was in FC though. Obviously it propelled him to Hollywood stardom today. ;)

I don't know why FC used to do these random blocks of episodes with characters we'd never seen or heard of before. It happened a few times. Although the only one I can really remember is where the girl was doing her Leaving Cert and the pressure got too much so she killed herself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

youwould wrote: »

Gas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I vaguely remember this. Well, I remember that it was heavily advertised on RTE - as if Mondo was the only character on the show. I didn't know that Colin O'Donoghue was in FC though. Obviously it propelled him to Hollywood stardom today. ;)

I don't know why FC used to do these random blocks of episodes with characters we'd never seen or heard of before. It happened a few times. Although the only one I can really remember is where the girl was doing her Leaving Cert and the pressure got too much so she killed herself. :(

Who was that? I don't remember that one.

What annoys me is that that was obviously a massive event in Mondo's life yet he has never mentioned it since. In real life,you would talk about big things that happened to you from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's the same thing every time, Shane and Heather in the surgery, Ama walks in with a sheet of paper, Shanes eyes open so wide his eyeballs nearly fall out of his head, awkward silence for a few seconds and Heather leaves.

The rest of the episode is Nina looking at a smartphone While Sash throws mammies ashes in the corner of a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Is that where Binjamin is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Why would Jane buy a car from Wayne? She never goes anywhere.
    Why does Wayne have a car? No one in Fair City is ever any more that 100m from home.
    Does Header have purple knickers and bra? Did she 'put a smile' on Shane's face?
    The last man to drive a car in FC hasn't seen his wife and son since. Come to think of it, he seems to have disappeared too.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

It's the same thing every time, Shane and Heather in the surgery, Ama walks in with a sheet of paper, Shanes eyes open so wide his eyeballs nearly fall out of his head, awkward silence for a few seconds and Heather leaves.

The rest of the episode is Nina looking at a smartphone While Sash throws mammies ashes in the corner of a field.

Ninas phone is far from smart, its about 4 years old, surely a big shot reporter would have an up to date top of the range smart phone.

Wayne could sell Jackies car, the one that she used once and it broke down.
    How much rent do they pay to the Brennans, what kind of car could you buy outta a months rent.

MelanieC wrote: »
    Who was that? I don't remember that one.

What annoys me is that that was obviously a massive event in Mondo's life yet he has never mentioned it since. In real life,you would talk about big things that happened to you from time to time.

I did a bit of research and it was in 2003 - although I could've sworn it was 2005/6. I found this bit of info: The girls name was Eileen Crowley and she overdosed due to school and stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is that where Binjamin is?

No Oisin and Nicola are in Cork, Benjamin is in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

This almost sounds off topic, but feckin hell I'm really getting seriously pissed off at nearly every character greeting each other with "Hey".

NOBODY DOES THAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Grandeeod wrote: »
    This almost sounds off topic, but feckin hell I'm really getting seriously pissed off at nearly every character greeting each other with "Hey".

NOBODY DOES THAT!

I do, I say hey.

fin12 wrote: »
    I do, I say hey.

And do you pretend to drink coffe from an empty cup too?:D

Seriously though the constant "hey" from characters inside 24 minutes is mind bending! I'm thinking of reporting the actual number per episode from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ama should not be entering his room at all and certainly not when the door is closed and when he's with a patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Strazdas wrote: »
    Ama should not be entering his room at all and certainly not when the door is closed and when he's with a patient.

Lads get your prostrate checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

squadro wrote: »
    Lads get your prostrate checked.

Got mine checked today,
    BTW is it normal for the doctor to remove his trousers when you do, just asking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Nina needs to flip off. Thank god she's heading back. Alone I'm guessing..
    We're in love, lol big psycho head on her saying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Don't really watch the show much but, I do know Orla had a child there last year and now he looks like he's about to start primary school

Bizarre

Don't really watch the show much but, I do know Orla had a child there last year and now he looks like he's about to start primary school

Bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Of all of the hair-brained plots that Fair City has ever come up with, this Heather repeatedly drugging her own daughter for practically no reason has to rank among the very worst, most shameful excuse for a script.

bclar12 wrote: »

Bizarre

Feckin bonkers alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Wonder is Wayne gonna start drilling Jane next ?

So the one there and Dean are going to have it off

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

"Do u love me.?" For ****s sake. Here we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I wonder will Laura start hammering Sash ??

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »
    I wonder will Laura start hammering Sash ??

In a one hour live special!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement