Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Nina needs to pay a visit to Dr. Love.....to have the feckin' phone surgically removed.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

bclar12 wrote: »
    So the one there and Dean are going to have it off

at least Caoimhe cant get pregnant. Wayne will probably go with Jane and get her pregnant. He can barely afford one child never mind two

at least Caoimhe cant get pregnant. Wayne will probably go with Jane and get her pregnant. He can barely afford one child never mind two

Isn't Caoimhe pregnant at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Don't really watch the show much but, I do know Orla had a child there last year and now he looks like he's about to start primary school

Bizarre

How's Mallow Clar?? Did Nicola get back in??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What's the deal with Niamh,s left eye.....anyone else notice it looked a bit strange...bells palsy maybe,,?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

What's the deal with Niamh,s left eye.....anyone else notice it looked a bit strange...bells palsy maybe,,?

Ya noticed it too, looked swollen and strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Why Do We Fall

Don't really watch the show much but, I do know Orla had a child there last year and now he looks like he's about to start primary school

Bizarre

Was thinking that myself, I just put it down to Tommy's god like seed.

Sasha is a bit of alright, good casting.

Was thinking that myself, I just put it down to Tommy's god like seed.

Sasha is a bit of alright, good casting.

sasha is there years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This Heather storyline is fascinating I'm really gripped by it, between her constant seducing and her obvious issues poisoning her daughter it's both thrilling and disturbing. In large part down to the actress who plays Heather is actually well able to act as opposed to the garden variety cardboard actresses she shares the screen with (shouty useless Orla anyone?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

The problem with the Doctor Shane is he isn't a particularly good doctor. Firstly he can't see how unhinged Header is - and he keeps treating her poor daughter for the same ongoing tummy ache post op without referring the child for further testing -

It would have been a much better story if he had seen headtheball for what she was after a passionate tryst (which he regrets) and she goes all bunny boiler - (Ama comes home and her handbag is boiling etc) but the doc is too afraid to admit the affair.

Instead we have Header practicing hynposis on her maaaaaa - gullible Rennie - (named after a famous indigestion remedy because of the repeated storylines)

And then there's little junior - (little big man) OK so he's aged a couple more years (months see below) ;) but what a cute little actor he is - he's delivered more lines, more naturally than half the cast this week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Apparently the actor playing Junior is only 2...so a little older than he's supposed to be but not years. The younger actors weren't comfortable in front of the camera apparently.

This Heather storyline is fascinating I'm really gripped by it, between her constant seducing and her obvious issues poisoning her daughter it's both thrilling and disturbing. In large part down to the actress who plays Heather is actually well able to act as opposed to the garden variety cardboard actresses she shares the screen with (shouty useless Orla anyone?)

god, apart from the Orla thing, I genuinely couldn't disagree more!! It had a great potential for a plot but its been destroyed by stupid dialogue, awful out of character scenarios, the constant repetitive scenes and most importantly no reasoning given behind the complete transformation of Heather's personality. Its destroyed her character and made her unbearable to watch. Her voice is like nails screeching down a blackboard! And that grin... aggggghhhhhhhhh! . and its destroying Shanes character so quickly. yes he needed a bit more of an exciting plot than all that cr@p with Bob, Jim and Ama but this?????

As i said, great potential but its just been too intensive and repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Pretzill wrote: »
    Instead we have Header practicing hynposis on her maaaaaa - gullible Rennie - (named after a famous indigestion remedy because of the repeated storylines)

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Okay, huge rant coming up...feel free to scroll past, but I have to vent. :D

1. It takes me two days to get an appointment with my GP, but Horrible Hedder strolls in four times a day, that would cost me €55. per visit.

2. Doc Big Eyes is so busy injecting Hedder, he hasn't sent poor Ellie to hospital, despite the fact that the little one has been very sick 8/9 times over the past month.

3. Perhaps I'm a violent woman, but why hasn't Ama/Alma bashed Hedder by now. I would have fed her her own liver? (sorry Mods :o)

4. Does Bella own the Star Trek transporter? He doesn't walk, yet he magically appears sitting on a seat in Vinos, The Station and McCoys.

5. How did Rachel go from a failed LC student to the CEO of Trump Brennen Tower?

6. Now that Junior has aged so quickly, will he soon launch a takeover bid on his daddy's car empire and Brennan Tower?

7. Now that Jane, Orla, Wayne, Laura, Nasty Nina, Sash, Charlotte and co. have appeared, can we expect to next see Hughie, Dolly, Pete, Leo, Cass and Me Daaaaa on Paddy's Day?

8. Where the f**k are Dermish, Zoey and Shaun?

9. How long before Renee blames Farrah for Hedder's problems?

10. Why do we watch this rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

He doesn't walk, yet he magically appears sitting on a seat in Vinos, The Station and McCoys.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Pretzill wrote: »
    The problem with the Doctor Shane is he isn't a particularly good doctor. Firstly he can't see how unhinged Header is - and he keeps treating her poor daughter for the same ongoing tummy ache post op without referring the child for further testing -

It would have been a much better story if he had seen headtheball for what she was after a passionate tryst (which he regrets) and she goes all bunny boiler - (Ama comes home and her handbag is boiling etc) but the doc is too afraid to admit the affair.

And then there's little junior - (little big man) OK so he's aged a couple more years (months see below) ;) but what a cute little actor he is - he's delivered more lines, more naturally than half the cast this week!
    I agree. If that was his father, he'd put her across the pub table, whip out a Stanley knife and cut her open. (Ellie, I mean) Do the op and borrow a needle and thread from an extra. Stitch her up. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I don't mean to disappoint you, and boy do I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for this heather storyline culiminating in a satisfying way.

Don't count on the writers having done their research on syndromes such as Heathers (if she has one, at this point she's poisoning Ellie completely willy nilly) . It's managed not to show up in blood tests but we don't know why. Heathers doing it to get Shane, get to renee and make Farrah look bad. It could quite possibily just blow over and be forgotten about/ left unresolved.

I think it's quite distressing to watch Ellie being fed poison - they should really have a number for us to call if we've been affected !!

I reckon she's been brought in on a few months contract. The story will finish soon and we'll never see her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

1. It takes me two days to get an appointment with my GP, but Horrible Hedder strolls in four times a day, that would cost me €55. per visit.

2. Doc Big Eyes is so busy injecting Hedder, he hasn't sent poor Ellie to hospital, despite the fact that the little one has been very sick 8/9 times over the past month.

3. Perhaps I'm a violent woman, but why hasn't Ama/Alma bashed Hedder by now. I would have fed her her own liver? (sorry Mods :o)

4. Does Bella own the Star Trek transporter? He doesn't walk, yet he magically appears sitting on a seat in Vinos, The Station and McCoys.

5. How did Rachel go from a failed LC student to the CEO of Trump Brennen Tower?

6. Now that Junior has aged so quickly, will he soon launch a takeover bid on his daddy's car empire and Brennan Tower?

7. Now that Jane, Orla, Wayne, Laura, Nasty Nina, Sash, Charlotte and co. have appeared, can we expect to next see Hughie, Dolly, Pete, Leo, Cass and Me Daaaaa on Paddy's Day?

Well said Vickie. :)

Here's one thing that's been bothering me. Does Yvonne still own Vinos? She does, if memory serves. So if Louise has now moved to Spain to live with Yvonne, why is everyone acting like Louise owns it? Surely everything would be going back to Yvonne now again (cutting out Louise the middle man)?

Also Bela is wrecking my bloody head. It's depressing looking at him. There's more life in Storm Gertrude right now outside my house! Bela was a bit of a character back in the day, and brought something to the show. But the last couple of years he's been brutal!

I live in a rural area. If I want to bring one of my children to the doctor, I have to drop the rest of them to school early and get to the doctor before 9. By which time there are 6 or 7 cars in the yard before me. The doctor arrives at 9.30 We might get seen by 11 if we're lucky. Shane must be running a very bad practice in the middle of Dublin if he's not that busy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

youwould wrote: »

Here's one thing that's been bothering me. Does Yvonne still own Vinos? She does, if memory serves. So if Louise has now moved to Spain to live with Yvonne, why is everyone acting like Louise owns it? Surely everything would be going back to Yvonne now again (cutting out Louise the middle man)?

Also Bela is wrecking my bloody head. It's depressing looking at him. There's more life in Storm Gertrude right now outside my house! Bela was a bit of a character back in the day, and brought something to the show. But the last couple of years he's been brutal!

Weirdly, Bela seems to spend the entire day hanging out in McCoys, the Station, Vinos and the Hungry Pig (on his own too!). To say that the character is well past his sell by date would be an understatement, he's no Ken Barlow, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Strazdas wrote: »
    Weirdly, Bela seems to spend the entire day hanging out in McCoys, the Station, Vinos and the Hungry Pig (on his own too!). To say that the character is well past his sell by date would be an understatement, he's no Ken Barlow, that's for sure.

He'll probably out live the lot of them....:)

Someone commented on Rachel Trump...is it not obvious..??Rachel comes from a well off family..Charolette and friends are "common" so they end up on the scratcher ,drinkin in the park..is'nt that real life..??.simples

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Excellent analysis, Vicky, and point no. 10 certainly gives us something to ponder on.
    I suppose its like banging our head on a wall. It feels so good when we stop...

youwould wrote: »

From what I've gathered from this godawful story is it seems Yvonne is directing Louise to direct Bella to direct Caoimhe to direct Dean to disect tomatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

:D:D

I think Bella is on castors!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bob
    discovers Sheather affair next week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Strazdas wrote: »
    Ama should not be entering his room at all and certainly not when the door is closed and when he's with a patient.

Indeed.

Although one could say the good doc is doing a bit of "entering" as well that he shouldn't be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I am enjoying her storyline but I do think doctor Shane should be sending the daughter off for further tests instead of just constantly dismissing the pain as a harmless bug. And surely the daughter has enough cop on to say that every time her mum feeds her she's sweating and in agony half an hour later! I fear Heather may end up going too far and killing her daughter.

I am enjoying her storyline but I do think doctor Shane should be sending the daughter off for further tests instead of just constantly dismissing the pain as a harmless bug. And surely the daughter has enough cop on to say that every time her mum feeds her she's sweating and in agony half an hour later! I fear Heather may end up going too far and killing her daughter.

You're probably right cos the chances of Renee putting two and two together as to why Ellie is constantly sick are slim and none, and slim is out of town...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Tomorrow we see the return
    of Pierce
    , who spent two months bravely making the perilous journey through thick and thin to get from
    Portlaoise
    to Carrigstown.... Such sacrifice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement