Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Bryan Murray was excellent in that last scene. His delivery and prediction of what might happen when Hedder loses it sent chills down my spine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Bryan Murray was excellent in that last scene. His delivery and prediction of what might happen when Hedder loses it sent chills down my spine.

he really is wasted in Fair City with the b sh1t plots. Would be a star in any of the other British soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

he really is wasted in Fair City with the b sh1t plots. Would be a star in any of the other British soaps.

Where he in Brookside ?

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Wasn't he in Brookside ?

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Wasn't he in Brookside ?

Ya he was Mr Jordache, cant rem his first name, played that role brilliantly. Ended up unser the patio.

Just temembered it was Trevor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Had to laugh at the crowd of them out the back of McCoys planning a holiday in 'Eye-biza'.
    Pierce is only just back and he's going on holidays again??
    And says Katie 'we can't just disappear'
    It's ok Katie, ye all disappear every few weeks and nobody bats an eyelid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Had to laugh at the crowd of them out the back of McCoys planning a holiday in 'Eye-biza'.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Would which ever one of you took down nussys phone number drop her a quick text and tell her that dr big eyes has his thermometer out behind her back.

Im so over this affair ... fairness to bob he pushed out the boat tonight and put genuine compassion and fear into that delivery. Well done bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Their a hardy bunch them young hipsters out drinking in the beer garden/yard and another feckin hurricane about to hit. At least pierce is prepared with the hat on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Decco : ''If Mondo screws up on more time on me, he's out!''

Well Dec, just curious. What exactly constitutes 'screwing up'? Maybe the fact that there hasn't been sight or smell of Mondo in Carrigstown since September? Would that maybe be grounds for dismissal?

Of course, if everyone there got sacked for not turning up, there would be nobody left in Carrigstown. Jane, Orla and Wayne re-appeared last week after having a good long rest, this week Katey and Shakey-head reported for duty after having a nice lie-in lasting months.

When Shakey-head said he'll go to Eye-bizza, SourPuss reminded him he has a job to go to. ''Ah sure'', says Shakey, ''everyone is entitled to annual leave''....
    Dougie, ya eejit, you haven't darkened the door of the garage since early Autumn, and now ye want to go gallivanting off to Spain? Oh, go on, then, it's not like you do fook-all around here anyway, and with your twitching, maybe we'd be safer not letting you anywhere near a mechanically-propelled vehicle

In fairness, how must the 'actors' feel when they're told every few weeks that they have no work for a while?
    Picture the scene at the monthly production meeting..........

Producer : ''Charlie, you have no work for the next ten weeks''

Charlie : ''I say, that's inexcusable and highly irregular, my good fellow. I simply must finish the auditing for the centre, and there's the twice- daily stock taking to complete. You do not seem to realise that a managerial position is all-encompassing''

Producer : ''Sorry, that's how it is. Same goes for you, Leo''

Leo : ''Wha'? Nutting stirrin' for two months? What'll I do with me hands? Sure dat's only brutal, so 'tis, wha?''

Producer : ''And you, Cass.''

Cass : ''Oh , begob, are yeh codding me or wha'? And me sprouts and winter spuds still in de ground. And I still have three payments to make on me fine leather coat. Dat's cat, dat is''

Producer : ''Kerri-Anne, four weeks rest for you''

Kerri - Anne : ''Oh, fiddlesticks! Still, Mr Producer, at least now if you come round to my place, I'll have time to check your roots and maybe polish your cuticles''

Producer : ''Sean, Neil, Callum, Barman-who-shall-be-nameless, and Silent Soft-drink-buyer, you all have a few months off too. Isn't that great?.....Oh no, wait, you guys haven't walked the streets of Carrigstown since last July. Ah, sure the long range weather forecast is good for the rest of this year, so take this summer off too, enjoy yourselves and maybe, just maybe, we'll see you again next winter.
    Thank you all for your time, and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
    Byeeeee!''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

And if they're gonna go somewhere in winter, go somewhere warm, that's actually 'on season'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

coolhull wrote: »
    Decco : ''If Mondo screws up on more time on me, he's out!''

Well Dec, just curious. What exactly constitutes 'screwing up'? Maybe the fact that there hasn't been sight or smell of Mondo in Carrigstown since September? Would that maybe be grounds for dismissal?

Of course, if everyone there got sacked for not turning up, there would be nobody left in Carrigstown. Jane, Orla and Wayne re-appeared last week after having a good long rest, this week Katey and Shakey-head reported for duty after having a nice lie-in lasting months.

When Shakey-head said he'll go to Eye-bizza, SourPuss reminded him he has a job to go to. ''Ah sure'', says Shakey, ''everyone is entitled to annual leave''....
    Dougie, ya eejit, you haven't darkened the door of the garage since early Autumn, and now ye want to go gallivanting off to Spain? Oh, go on, then, it's not like you do fook-all around here anyway, and with your twitching, maybe we'd be safer not letting you anywhere near a mechanically-propelled vehicle

In fairness, how must the 'actors' feel when they're told every few weeks that they have no work for a while?
    Picture the scene at the monthly production meeting..........

Producer : ''Charlie, you have no work for the next ten weeks''

Charlie : ''I say, that's inexcusable and highly irregular, my good fellow. I simply must finish the auditing for the centre, and there's the twice- daily stock taking to complete. You do not seem to realise that a managerial position is all-encompassing''

Producer : ''Sorry, that's how it is. Same goes for you, Leo''

Leo : ''Wha'? Nutting stirrin' for two months? What'll I do with me hands? Sure dat's only brutal, so 'tis, wha?''

Producer : ''And you, Cass.''

Cass : ''Oh , begob, are yeh codding me or wha'? And me sprouts and winter spuds still in de ground. And I still have three payments to make on me fine leather coat. Dat's cat, dat is''

Producer : ''Kerri-Anne, four weeks rest for you''

Kerri - Anne : ''Oh, fiddlesticks! Still, Mr Producer, at least now if you come round to my place, I'll have time to check your roots and maybe polish your cuticles''

Producer : ''Sean, Neil, Callum, Barman-who-shall-be-nameless, and Silent Soft-drink-buyer, you all have a few months off too. Isn't that great?.....Oh no, wait, you guys haven't walked the streets of Carrigstown since last July. Ah, sure the long range weather forecast is good for the rest of this year, so take this summer off too, enjoy yourselves and maybe, just maybe, we'll see you again next winter.
    Thank you all for your time, and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
    Byeeeee!''

:D:D Brilliant coolhull. I'd actually forgotten about poor Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They can surely hardly be going to Ibiza at the start of February. It's off season there and the temperature is only around 15C and it's cold at night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

And when did they become a group of friends that they'd go off to Ibiza together?Surely Pierce has his own friends he'd rather go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Yea Murray was good but the lighting was key. FC is so fond of flat lighting and boring camera angles, it was great to see something different - actual shadows!

I thought more should have been made though of the fact that Heather was painting Shane in a very different light to Renee. No doubt the "writers" want to get a few more weeks from it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

monkey9 wrote: »
    And when did they become a group of friends that they'd go off to Ibiza together?Surely Pierce has his own friends he'd rather go with.

Looked more like Pierce just wants their money, he's going to "book the holiday on his card" and run off with their dosh. His app must be crap. Poor Rachel will be crying again, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

katkin wrote: »
    Looked more like Pierce just wants their money, he's going to "book the holiday on his card" and run off with their dosh. His app must be crap. Poor Rachel will be crying again, great.

I thought he said the holiday was on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

monkey9 wrote: »

I think they're just throwing random characters of roughly the same age together (but the writers seem to be forgetting that Doug is several years older than the others).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Hedder must have came down the stairs on purpose, either that or she really needs a hearing aid.
    Yet again I had to mute when Bela was on screen.
    Dean must spend a fortune on black and grey hair dye to cover up his ginger. Damo too, jet black hair and ginger eyebrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

katkin wrote: »

I got the feeling last night with Turkey head that he was going to somehow develop an app and make a fortune

"Do ya make much money from these, like, apps????" as his thoughts wander off into the distance.....I reckon Turkey is going to invent Tinder and leave FC richer than Mark Zuckerberg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Coat22 wrote: »
    I got the feeling last night with Turkey head that he was going to somehow develop an app and make a fortune

"Do ya make much money from these, like, apps????" as his thoughts wander off into the distance.....I reckon Turkey is going to invent Tinder and leave FC richer than Mark Zuckerberg

With that in mind pierces app sound pretty stupid & impossible enough.

What was with Adam phoning at the end unable to make the pitch? Why did pierce lie to Rachel?

Coat22 wrote: »

29961ad0bb5e9c10c085c1b22bf1c894.gif

Would Header not make more sense than Hedder?? Just something thats been irritating me!!

not that sense and FC go hand in hand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Bob Charles really starting to annoy me with his jazz hands - constant hand gestures in EVERY scene .....

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Maliboo Stacey

Loving this thread. It's added a whole new dimension to watching Fair City. And given the story lines and writing 'lately', a new dimension is very welcome :)

Would I ever watch FC without this thread??????..............

NOT-A-HOPE-IN-HELL-COVER1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

That Dr love us some dirt bird!
    Ha back to the pod.....wheeling and dealing, oh rachel you are a real high flyer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I actually dislike jane more than heather.
    I really want ama to catch the 2 cheaters. Ha nice wall paper, what dump are these bucko s drinking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Is that 10x10 little sitting room the only room above the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Loved that scene at the end between Bob and Heather. Why is Jane so obsessed with Payne and JA?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement