Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

Spoilers back on digital spy

checks digital spy

yup website is still awful

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

checks digital spy

yup website is still awful
    It's impossible to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Are they actually going to address why Heather has just turned into a vindictive sociopath psycho since returning ?? Why didn't they just bring in a new character? Its such a ridiculous plothole. Maybe they might but I won't hold my breath.

I was hoping Brendan would show up or Farrah call him to explain the change in Heather

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Are they actually going to address why Heather has just turned into a vindictive sociopath psycho since returning ?? Why didn't they just bring in a new character? Its such a ridiculous plothole. Maybe they might but I won't hold my breath.

There has been a suggestion of mental illness in articles I've read about the storyline but it's not being alluded to on the show though strangely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭halkar

Didn't the nurse broke up with Damien because she didn't want to do it before getting married? Is she doing with Brendan or Fair city writers forgot the story again?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

halkar wrote: »
    Didn't the nurse broke up with Damien because she didn't want to do it before getting married? Is she doing with Brendan or Fair city writers forgot the story again?:D

I'm convinced FC writers are actually drunks down a back alley rolling dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yep she was doing it with Dr. Shane and gave poor Damo nothing so he jumped on Caoimhe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »
    There has been a suggestion of mental illness in articles I've read about the storyline but it's not being alluded to on the show though strangely.

well it is pretty obvious "New" Heather is mentally disturbed. Old Heather had issues but no comparison to putting her child's life at risk.

in fairness I'dm sure a lot of women would use the celibacy excuse to avoid Damien.................. I don't think Ama's turn of mind re celibacy is all that strange of a plot. It was addressed at the time a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

well it is pretty obvious "New" Heather is mentally disturbed. Old Heather had issues but no comparison to putting her child's life at risk.

Ah sure people change.:D

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ah sure people change.:D

I expect Kerri Anne to become a member of Mensa by years end, Ama to become a lady of the night and Bella to smile by the way things are going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yep she was doing it with Dr. Shane and gave poor Damo nothing so he jumped on Caoimhe

it was just banter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Not to the characters though. Not even Shane has picked up that she might have mental health issues.

The only one really on to her is Bob but he seems to think she is merely a user and attention seeker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Strazdas wrote: »
    Not to the characters though. Not even Shane has picked up that she might have mental health issues.

The only one really on to her is Bob but he seems to think she is merely a user and attention seeker.

Farrah is on to her too, but where on earth has she been lately anyway, she was around for the start of this storyline but has disappeared. Hope she's back for Ama to have shoulder to cry on and that between the two of them they go all out for revenge on Headder......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Farrah is on to her too, but where on earth has she been lately anyway, she was around for the start of this storyline but has disappeared. Hope she's back for Ama to have shoulder to cry on and that between the two of them they go all out for revenge on Headder......

It is pretty ridiculous that Farrah and Hughie disappeared during a story they're both heavily involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

LOVE when they give Bob the scenes he deserves - he is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Just when you think it couldn't get more ridiculous with Heather poisoning Ellie , it does . Even if Ellie hadn't have caught her, surely she would notice the taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I have to say the actress who plays Heather is excellent! She plays the part of a manipulative, deranged woman perfectly and makes an excellent bitch! One question though, has she always been such a crazy cow or is she mentally ill? Surely as a doctor though Shane should spot some signs that she's not right in the head. I'm gonna go with no mental illness, just crazy for the fun of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

The actress who plays Heather clearly went to the Audrey Roberts School Of Acting. Every single thing she says to Ellie is followed by Hm?

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I have to say the actress who plays Heather is excellent! She plays the part of a manipulative, deranged woman perfectly and makes an excellent bitch! Surely as a doctor though Shane should spot some signs that she's crazy :p

As an ardent hater of FC, I agree with you. The character is good, but is let down by a motive for being how she is. As for Dr Love, well I wouldn't trust him with a prescription.

• Advertisement

I have to say the actress who plays Heather is excellent! She plays the part of a manipulative, deranged woman perfectly and makes an excellent bitch! One question though, has she always been such a crazy cow or is she mentally ill? Surely as a doctor though Shane should spot some signs that she's not right in the head. I'm gonna go with no mental illness, just crazy for the fun of it!

oh would you stop! I think she is terrible.. reminds me of the Joker from the batman series with Adam West with all that gurning/smiling she does. Speaking of Adam West her acting reminds me of his !

Speaking of Adam West her acting reminds me of his !

Adam West was bad. He would have suited FC as the local dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    The actress who plays Heather clearly went to the Audrey Roberts School Of Acting. Every single thing she says to Ellie is followed by Hm?[/QUOT

Thank you. Thought it was just me hearing it. Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

MelanieC wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone would need spoilers for Fair City,everything that's going to happen is made glaringly obvious for at least 3 months beforehand so that by the time it actually does,it's dismally underwhelming and unsatisfying! :-)

I only read the spoilers for FC. Let's face it, even reading them, it's unlikely there'll be a world shattering story coming up.

I also watch Red Rock :eek:...and wouldn't dream of reading spoilers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

100% agree with you, and I usually hate Fair City for the cheap wooden sets and the amateur acting. I got hooked on this story around Christmas when I watched one episode where Heather starting poisoning her daughter and I have to say she carries off the deranged scarlet very very well. Its so compelling to watch how far Heather will go to attract attention and try to rob Shane from Ama, and the fact that her family don't suspect a thing makes it even more gripping. FC has a distinct lack of decent actors (Bob and Renee excluded) so Una Kavanagh deserves an award for this storyline.

Oops- I sense her lies are about to uravel. Even if she manages to keep the truth of the tablets from everyone else, no doubt if she does it again she may go too far or else the daughter will blab it to someone and suspicions will start, this isn't going to end well but ill be there every second of the way!

100% agree with you, and I usually hate Fair City for the cheap wooden sets and the amateur acting. I got hooked on this story around Christmas when I watched one episode where Heather starting poisoning her daughter and I have to say she carries off the deranged scarlet very very well. Its so compelling to watch how far Heather will go to attract attention and try to rob Shane from Ama, and the fact that her family don't suspect a thing makes it even more gripping. FC has a distinct lack of decent actors (Bob and Renee excluded) so Una Kavanagh deserves an award for this storyline.

Oops- I sense her lies are about to uravel. Even if she manages to keep the truth of the tablets from everyone else, no doubt if she does it again she may go too far or else the daughter will blab it to someone and suspicions will start, this isn't going to end well but ill be there every second of the way!

I'm assuming Doctor Love will be in trouble since they are so new on the market?

I've only been watching this since Christmas to see if Heather ends up going to jail for child endangerment. I'm likely to lose interest in the whole show again once this blows over.

I've only been watching this since Christmas to see if Heather ends up going to jail for child endangerment. I'm likely to lose interest in the whole show again once this blows over.

And you can be sure it will blow over like a fart in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I was looking at Mondo thinking, 'why is he just standing there eating cereal in Deco's kitchen?'. It took me a few seconds to remember he's living there. It's hard to keep up with characters sometimes when they go missing for months.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    I was looking at Mondo thinking, 'why is he just standing there eating cereal in Deco's kitchen?'. It took me a few seconds to remember he's living there. It's hard to keep up with characters sometimes when they go missing for months.

Mondo was missing because Decco sent him on a delivery to Tibet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement