Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

Heather playing a blinder a real love to hate character

oh would you stop! I think she is terrible.. reminds me of the Joker from the batman series with Adam West with all that gurning/smiling she does. Speaking of Adam West her acting reminds me of his !

Her voice and general way of speaking are awful ����

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Anyone spot the toupee?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

oh would you stop! I think she is terrible.. reminds me of the Joker from the batman series with Adam West with all that gurning/smiling she does. Speaking of Adam West her acting reminds me of his !

Yeah its a bit overdone alright.

Is it Orla and Jane bidding for the car? ... If so, who's going to pay for it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I agree. She's pure pantomine at the moment. The story makes it worse though. She also sounds like Brendan Graces priest character in Fr Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Heather playing a blinder a real love to hate character

Heather = a horrible character. Time is rapidly running out for her now and things will not end nicely for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I have to say the actress who plays Heather is excellent! She plays the part of a manipulative, deranged woman perfectly and makes an excellent bitch! One question though, has she always been such a crazy cow or is she mentally ill? Surely as a doctor though Shane should spot some signs that she's not right in the head. I'm gonna go with no mental illness, just crazy for the fun of it!

I do not remember Heather to be anything like this when she was in it before. She was quite a nice person but she fell in love with Floyd who she later found out was her brother. She continued the relationship and finally agreed to end up. Later on she came into FC again when Floyd was dying and resumed her relationship. She cared deeply for Floyd and was married to another doctor who she goes to Brazil with. That doctor was jealous of Floyd who he knew about but Floyd gets that doctor to help him kill himself. Heather through all this came across as a decent enough, caring person involved in a complex situation. None of the evil scheming manipulative traits we see now or the OTT bitchiness was there before. What remains to be seen is if 'evil Heather' is here to stay or is it an out of character atypical period like Suzanne's phase of being violent to Damian.

I do not remember Heather to be anything like this when she was in it before. She was quite a nice person but she fell in love with Floyd who she later found out was her brother. She continued the relationship and finally agreed to end up. Later on she came into FC again when Floyd was dying and resumed her relationship. She cared deeply for Floyd and was married to another doctor who she goes to Brazil with. That doctor was jealous of Floyd who he knew about but Floyd gets that doctor to help him kill himself. Heather through all this came across as a decent enough, caring person involved in a complex situation. None of the evil scheming manipulative traits we see now or the OTT bitchiness was there before. What remains to be seen is if 'evil Heather' is here to stay or is it an out of character atypical period like Suzanne's phase of being violent to Damian.

Maybe the affair with her brother had an psychological affect on her, It's not normal and something like that may make you crazy.... That may be the root of her problems and not Renee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Oh good god I can't cope with the ridiculous car fake offers story anymore. Has fair city literally just discovered ebay or something.
    Absolutely terrible filler story, pointless. Not sure what's worse that or the famous five minus timmy the dog booking ibiza. Rachel might break out her private jet.

• Advertisement

I love the inconsistency of FC... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Just to set things clear guys. Personally, my hatred of Hedder has nothing to do with the actress. On the contrary, Una Kavanagh's portrayal of Horrible Hedder has been brilliant.

But I detest the character, her grin, her grating voice, her smarmy attitude...and everytime she hurts sweet little Ellie, I want to punch her in the face.

BTW, I also long to punch gullible Renee in the face. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Just to set things clear guys. Personally, my hatred of Hedder has nothing to do with the actress. On the contrary, Una Kavanagh's portrayal of Horrible Hedder has been brilliant.

But I detest the character, her grin, her grating voice, her smarmy attitude...and everytime she hurts sweet little Ellie, I want to punch her in the face.

BTW, I also long to punch gullible Renee in the face. :D

I actually think Una Kavanagh has been playing a blinder.

Also, I'm not a parent, but I was a bit disturbed by what happened to Ellie in tonight's episode. Yeah, we all knew it was coming but it was still quite hard to watch. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

youwould wrote: »
    I actually think Una Kavanagh has been playing a blinder.

Also, I'm not a parent, but I was a bit disturbed by what happened to Ellie in tonight's episode. Yeah, we all knew it was coming but it was still quite hard to watch. :(

Yes, it's actually a very dark storyline....a mother deliberately poisoning her young daughter and rendering her unconscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Brilliant scene in McCoys last night when Missing Link Hughie says to Hedder

"I need to change a barrel. Keep an eye up here" - so off he trots and Hedder scurries to the taps.

...at which point we notice Jane is behind the bar also as is random bar maid number 1.

At this point there are about 4 "customers" in the bar none of which is looking for a drink. So that's 4 staff and 4 customers. How is missing link not broke? Why the hell does a barrel need changing? Is Bella on the way?

The director would surely notice such rubbish? Why have Hughie speak at all if it was just to say something utterly stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Pierce is going to con Rachel out of loads of money and she will need Daddy to bail her out and safe the pod.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think Pierce is going to con Rachel out of loads of money and she will need Daddy to bail her out and safe the pod.

and tats for sure but I get a feeling the turkey might save the day, get the girl and run off into the sunset as Turkey Trump

and thats for sure but I get a feeling the turkey might save the day, get the girl and run off into the sunset as Turkey Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

My read of Headers decline. Her first hubby also a doctor helped her only true love, her brother die, now with the Munchausan's by proxy story she will be implicating doctor Shane as he gave her drugs without prescription.

It's like she's transferring what she went through when she was last living in FC - She lives for the attention.

So Shane will probably get the blame and Farrah (sure why not) and Header, Rennie and Ellie will go back to Brazil - and in true FC style this will all happen after the second ad break on Thursday and be forgotten about on Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Coat22 wrote: »

"I need to change a barrel. Keep an eye up here" - so off he trots and Hedder scurries to the taps.

...at which point we notice Jane is behind the bar also as is random bar maid number 1.

At this point there are about 4 "customers" in the bar none of which is looking for a drink. So that's 4 staff and 4 customers. How is missing link not broke? Why the hell does a barrel need changing? Is Bella on the way?

The director would surely notice such rubbish? Why have Hughie speak at all if it was just to say something utterly stupid?

No need to call him the missing link. Incredibly awful comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Who's the missing link?

We'll agree to disagree on that.

Who's the missing link?

Hughie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

If there was ever a time to mention Bens illness it would of been last night when the doctor asked for Ellies medical history.

Also the Pearce story is really dumb, it's just come out of the blue and he brought it all on himself, no one else cared about the app and besides it was 'Adams' fault. And why is 18 year old Rachel acting like a 30 year old? Way too mature for her age. Charlotte is a way more realistic depiction of an 18 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Enlighten us as to why that's so offensive to you ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I have to say the actress who plays Heather is excellent! She plays the part of a manipulative, deranged woman perfectly and makes an excellent bitch! One question though, has she always been such a crazy cow or is she mentally ill? Surely as a doctor though Shane should spot some signs that she's not right in the head. I'm gonna go with no mental illness, just crazy for the fun of it!

Una is great as Hedder but the guy playing Shane is awful

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Una is great as Hedder but the guy playing Shane is awful

In fairness the character is impossible to play. He's supposed to be a GP, travelled, young, intelligent.

Yet he's hanging out in the diner and pubs all the time and shows about as much idea of what he's doing as I would if I was given a statoscope.

FC is like a FAS course for out of work / third rate actors with a couple of notable exceptions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

In fairness the character is impossible to play. He's supposed to be a GP, travelled, young, intelligent.

Yet he's hanging out in the diner and pubs all the time and shows about as much idea of what he's doing as I would if I was given a statoscope.

FC is like a FAS course for out of work / third rate actors with a couple of notable exceptions

I certainly think a guy like Shane would be proceeding with a lot more caution. He surely would be aware having a relationship with one of his own patients (and someone who lives a few yards away from his surgery) might attract negative attention. The fact that she recently slept with her sister's husband would also be concerning him.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I certainly think a guy like Shane would be proceeding with a lot more caution. He surely would be aware having a relationship with one of his own patients (and someone who lives a few yards away from his surgery) might attract negative attention. The fact that she recently slept with her sister's husband would also be concerning him.

...plus her connection to Brendan - a doctor who is on the run for suspicion of murder of something like that for helping his brother in law kill himself. The same brother in law who was riding his own sister.

Anybody with a brain would run a mile from that woman, he might give her one if it was on offer but nobody with a brain would get into a relationship with her (Especially not another doctor for Gods sake)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

If there was ever a time to mention Bens illness it would of been last night when the doctor asked for Ellies medical history.

Also the Pearce story is really dumb, it's just come out of the blue and he brought it all on himself, no one else cared about the app and besides it was 'Adams' fault. And why is 18 year old Rachel acting like a 30 year old? Way too mature for her age. Charlotte is a way more realistic dedication of an 18 year old.

Shush now, Flippy. Don't you know we're not supposed to have intelligent thoughts? The FC 'writers' expect us to forget all about previous storylines...just as they themselves seem to do.

We need to send out an SOS for Dermish, he's been missing since before Halloween, yet the launderette is running like clockwork with the new staff who obviously hired themselves.

Is it too early for alcohol? My brain is fried. biggrin.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement