Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Strazdas wrote: »
    I thought that myself tonight when they looked so cosy but isn't she meant to be lesbian these days? Then again, she doesn't seem very experienced on the relationship front (and neither does Rachel).

Sure lesbianism comes and goes easily in Carrigstown these days. Yvonne decided she was a lesbian for a few months before she forgot about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sure lesbianism comes and goes easily in Carrigstown these days. Yvonne decided she was a lesbian for a few months before she forgot about it.

And no doubt about it Sasha will never look at another woman again. It will be Mongo next for her I'd say.

Where d f is Neil? Did he actually leave or what's the story??

Also, it's a bit funny all these lesbian characters are being wrote in....... some perv writer getting his kicks I suppose. When was the last gay character actually? Leo's son? Usually they are a stable diet in every soap.

Shane reminds me of Dermot Bannon. Voice first of all but expressions as well

That stuff annoys me the hell out of me. Whoever is involved in a main storyline, the characters always happen to meet outside Spar or Vino's at the start of each episode. It was Robbie Carol Dan and the basketball coach one for a while. Before that it was Tommy and Debbie and eventually Cathal.

Cathal was like Oscar the Grouch! He literally used to pop up from behind the wheely bins beside Spar every morning with his scarf on and approach Carrie Cowley and Stripey who happened to be standing in the exact same place in the middle of the road every morning also and either make a smart comment or order them around.

With all these repetitive scenes they probably wrap up a month of episodes in a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

In fairness, Yvonne always maintained she was bisexual.

• Advertisement

In fairness, Yvonne always maintained she was bisexual.

I've always maintained Neassa is a lesbian........I live in hope....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The Heather actress was on with Ray D'Arcy this afternoon and she confirmed this is a Munchausen By Proxy storyline.

Interesting to hear she has a 26 year old son in real life.....I wonder what Shane would say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The Heather actress was on with Ray D'Arcy this afternoon and she confirmed this is a Munchausen By Proxy storyline.

Interesting to hear she has a 26 year old son in real life.....I wonder what Shane would say :)

I just heard the continuity announcer say Heather will be on The Pulse tonight, at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What age is the actress :eek:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What age is the actress :eek:

By the sounds of it, she must be 44 or 45 or something, maybe a bit higher even. She's looking good on it in that case :)

What age is the Farrah character meant to be by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

By the sounds of it, she must be 44 or 45 or something, maybe a bit higher even. She's looking good on it in that case :)

What age is the Farrah character meant to be by the way?

Una said she was in her teens when she had her eldest, so that would make her anywhere between 39-45. I'm thinking realistically 43ish.

Farrah was about 18 when they arrived in the late 90s so now she must be about 35? Maybe more?

youwould wrote: »
    Una said she was in her teens when she had her eldest, so that would make her anywhere between 39-45. I'm thinking realistically 43ish.

Farrah was about 18 when they arrived in the late 90s so now she must be about 35? Maybe more?

I've a feeling real life Farrah is not 35 or close to it. She's only been acting for five years or so.

I've a feeling real life Farrah is not 35 or close to it. She's only been acting for five years or so.

the actress is definitely early thirties at least. Anyway acting isn't a straight out of school job. A lot pick it up later. Brendan Gleeson and John Hamm were both over 35 before even getting an audition.,The actress was a makeup artist for years before acting so she probably got inspired when she was working on film sets to take it up.

I like the character of meeeeeeeeeee daaaaaaaa, a lot more than i did when she first returned but the actress doesn't exactly set the acting world on fire. She doesn't annoy me to be fair, she just kind of drones out her lines. It fits well with the character though.

anyway, at least we know this heather story MAY be about to run its course. There is always hope on the horizon when the actors involved start doing the media circuit......

anyway, at least we know this heather story MAY be about to run its course. There is always hope on the horizon when the actors involved start doing the media circuit......

It looks like it being discovered that Heather has mental health issues will be a convenient way of ending the storyline. Though reading a bit about it, there would be no need for Heather to be admitted to a psychiatric institution.....it's primarily a behavioural problem that would benefit from therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

It looks like it being discovered that Heather has mental health issues will be a convenient way of ending the storyline. Though reading a bit about it, there would be no need for Heather to be admitted to a psychiatric institution.....it's primarily a behavioural problem that would benefit from therapy.

Don't understand how Renee has not being able to join the dots, as it is glaringly obvious that Heather seems to be using Ellie's illness to fulfill her own ends, and also with all the other stuff between her and Farrah/Max.

Wonder will social services remove Ellie from Heather's care?

Shane is slow off the mark too, maybe the penny has indeed dropped.

is this the fourth episode in a row FC has started with Pierce walking out of a doorway with his beany hat on on the phone giving out where he bumps into Sourpuss and Katie or Doug?

oh my god 😄😄😄 AGAIN !!!!!

coffee from a greasy chipper...... standard purchase for a doctpr ��

coffee from a greasy chipper...... standard purchase for a doctpr 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Don't understand how Renee has not being able to join the dots, as it is glaringly obvious that Heather seems to be using Ellie's illness to fulfill her own ends, and also with all the other stuff between her and Farrah/Max.

Wonder will social services remove Ellie from Heather's care?

Shane is slow off the mark too, maybe the penny has indeed dropped.

Well, the I think the penny is still on its way to the floor and will probably hit the ground in a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd nearly buy Pierce's app so they could all go on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ama the 21st century Sherlock Holmes ffs

I'd nearly buy Pierce's app so they could all go on holidays.

HA!!! we should all chip in 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Sash the daughter Carol never had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Why did Sasha just walk straight out the moment Carol came in, the one person with a lot of influence who could help her fight for her job? The weird, weird world of Fair City.

jesus, doug must have whiplash at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Psycho heather is loose! !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That final Renee scene was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

I seriously want to punch Renee at this stage. If and when the truth comes out, she'll probably blame Farrah for driving Hedder to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

And wedgie of the week to Rennie !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement