Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

RobertKK wrote: »
    That final Renee scene was hilarious.

"I don't want to hear a word of this" ... Bob and Shane have heard loads Rennee !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I seriously want to punch Renee at this stage. If and when the truth comes out, she'll probably blame Farrah for driving Hedder to do it.

I've mentioned this before, but the only semblence of reality I can take out of this Heather rubbish is that Renee as her mother is close to what can happen in real life. Blind as feck to facts and this does happen. Some parents can be manipulated and then punish or neglect those siblings that were right all along. That said, I'm not certain the cretins that write FC know this, so it may just be an annoying plot mechanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The Hungry Pig, where it's perpetually night time...even when it's morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Heather is going to kill ellie next I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Another great performance by Heather and the lies are really starting to unravel. Although I remain thoroughly gripped by the ongoing events with Heather and the doctor etc I am painfully aware that this storyline, as strong as it is and going on as long as it has, is likely reaching its end and when its over, we will be left with such rubbish as Pierce being broke and Sash trying to get a job as the main "storylines" which is depressing because FC has proved, with the right actor and script writer, it CAN do compelling and interesting storylines.

Sadly, FC has a history of only doing one stand-out plot per year (like that psycho Lucy and Dolores a few years back) so I fear after this, I'm out. :(

• Advertisement

Every episode just feels like you're watching the repeat. The only new thing that happened tonight was that Sasha got a job in the Station. Other than that......

Doug was licking Pierce's arse about the app and the money he's raking in whereas in reality, Pierce has got a call/text from Adam in regards to the App not working out and so has to cover up the fact he's currently broke. Already seen it.

Heather is trying to ride Shane, but Shane is saying we shouldn't be doing this. Already seen it.

Ama is questioning Heather's motives. Already seen it.

Farrah is accusing Heather of wrong doing. Heather is portraying victimisation and walks off upset. Renee has a go at Farrah and asks her could she think Heather could do such a thing. Already seen it.

Heather is going to kill ellie next I think.

You know what? That would be a really decent plot for a soap. A bit of a ballsy storyline. But I can't see FC doing it. After years of BS like The Riordans and Glenroe, where a controversial topic was only touched on once a year, FC was introduced as an urban version. To date, it's still afraid of really getting to grips with issues. It's throwaway rubbish and a great opportunity lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Same lines since before Christmas......

Heather : ''Poor Ellie! It's all my fault!''

DocBigEyes :''No, of course its not your fault, Heather''

Heather :''It's all my fault!''

Renee ; ''No, of course its not your fault, Heather''

Heather :''It's all my fault!''

Nuss Ama/Alma : ''Well now, funny you should say that, Heather, I was just thinking the same thing myself........''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Another great performance by Heather and the lies are really starting to unravel. Although I remain thoroughly gripped by the ongoing events with Heather and the doctor etc I am painfully aware that this storyline, as strong as it is and going on as long as it has, is likely reaching its end and when its over, we will be left with such rubbish as Pierce being broke and Sash trying to get a job as the main "storylines" which is depressing because FC has proved, with the right actor and script writer, it CAN do compelling and interesting storylines.

Sadly, FC has a history of only doing one stand-out plot per year (like that psycho Lucy and Dolores a few years back) so I fear after this, I'm out. :(

oh, god sorry but they have made a balls of the story. I'd love to be able to see it through your eyes though ��

To back this up...heres why it has been terribly written.

They have brought Heather back into the show for this plot and completely changed her personality just to suit the plot

Noone has noticed this complete change of personality except here on this thread

they have repeated umpteen scenes and dialogue just so as to prolong the story. The main case in point is about 10 episodes in a row with this chain of events

at the start of the next episode shane and Ama will bump into Heather in Spar/Hungry Pig etc; Shane will tell Heather it's over between them, by the ad break she will have him up for Ellis daily appointment to the McCoys living room, just before the break Heather will have told ellie to f off somewhere leaving her in a compromising position with street doctors mouth wide open. After the break Shane will have wriggled himself free and told her unconvincingly that it's over and Heather ever present jokers grin will have saliva dribbling down it.; later on Shane and Ama will walk into McCoys and Shane will be shocked to see Heather is behind the counter (yes even though she is the only one behind it for months despite having a daughter on deaths door) , at the counter Shane will try order something and pretend to be oblivious to heaters drooling and sinister and downright ugly flirting. BY END OF EPISODE HEATHER WILL BE EATING STREET DOCTORS EYES AGAIN.

Then there is the fact that a busy GP has visited Heathers living room five minutes walk, if even, from his surgery twenty odd times in the last few weeks everytime Ellie has even the slightest pain in her chest.

He doesnt even contemplate doing any tests after all these complaints, merely repeating the same line.... "complications from the appendicitis". This he diagnoses and attempts to cure by touching her forehead

They have gradually turned Shane into a submissive warbling love struck idiot that is unable to figure out how batty this lunatic is despite it being more obvious than Bellas limp.

there are so many more examples of why this potentially very intriguing plot has just joined the echelon of predictably has joined a long line of badly managed storylines.

As i said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder though!!

Did Rachel call herself a pleb lol CHRIST! deluded girl

Is she ever in College, Speaking of which she gors to college run a business meeting friends going on holiday dont forget that extra 500 to upgrade to the villa

and yet she's a pleb

• Advertisement

Did Rachel call herself a pleb lol CHRIST! deluded girl

Is she ever in College, Speaking of which she goes to college run a business meeting friends going on holiday dont forget that extra 500 to upgrade to the villa

and yet she's a pleb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I thought tonight's episode was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Rachel fail the LC, thought she'd be repeating

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Rachel fail the LC, thought she'd be repeating

No she just didn't get enough points for teaching but she is supposed to be doing in business in college while working full time and never seems to go to lectures or never seems to be doing assignments, can't see her passing first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You know what? That would be a really decent plot for a soap. A bit of a ballsy storyline. But I can't see FC doing it. After years of BS like The Riordans and Glenroe, where a controversial topic was only touched on once a year, FC was introduced as an urban version. To date, it's still afraid of really getting to grips with issues. It's throwaway rubbish and a great opportunity lost.

Would be too controversial for a soap though, a mother killing her child and it being presented as a form of "entertainment".

Plus, if they were to do a child killing storyline, at least do it with Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

oh, god sorry but they have made a balls of the story. I'd love to be able to see it through your eyes though ��

To back this up...heres why it has been terribly written.

They have brought Heather back into the show for this plot and completely changed her personality just to suit the plot

Noone has noticed this complete change of personality except here on this thread

they have repeated umpteen scenes and dialogue just so as to prolong the story. The main case in point is about 10 episodes in a row with this chain of events

at the start of the next episode shane and Ama will bump into Heather in Spar/Hungry Pig etc; Shane will tell Heather it's over between them, by the ad break she will have him up for Ellis daily appointment to the McCoys living room, just before the break Heather will have told ellie to f off somewhere leaving her in a compromising position with street doctors mouth wide open. After the break Shane will have wriggled himself free and told her unconvincingly that it's over and Heather ever present jokers grin will have saliva dribbling down it.; later on Shane and Ama will walk into McCoys and Shane will be shocked to see Heather is behind the counter (yes even though she is the only one behind it for months despite having a daughter on deaths door) , at the counter Shane will try order something and pretend to be oblivious to heaters drooling and sinister and downright ugly flirting. BY END OF EPISODE HEATHER WILL BE EATING STREET DOCTORS EYES AGAIN.

Then there is the fact that a busy GP has visited Heathers living room five minutes walk, if even, from his surgery twenty odd times in the last few weeks everytime Ellie has even the slightest pain in her chest.

He doesnt even contemplate doing any tests after all these complaints, merely repeating the same line.... "complications from the appendicitis". This he diagnoses and attempts to cure by touching her forehead

They have gradually turned Shane into a submissive warbling love struck idiot that is unable to figure out how batty this lunatic is despite it being more obvious than Bellas limp.

there are so many more examples of why this potentially very intriguing plot has just joined the echelon of predictably has joined a long line of badly managed storylines.

As i said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder though!!

This is the key difference between awful drivel soap operas such as this and quality drama series. Soaps tend to be plot driven with characters altered to suit the current plot whereas proper dramas are character driven. Fair City is especially guilty of this plot driven nonsense, altering personalities just to suit whoever's available in the canteen to suit the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Maliboo Stacey

I thought the most amusing piece of dialogue in last night's episode was Farrah's "I don't think she's well" (about Header).

Penny dropping somewhere at last?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Notes on a Medical Scandal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Ama & Farrah will be the new Cagney & Lacey.

They can set up office in Blue Dolphin, The Carrigstown paper or The cab company's offices... or Deco's courier service.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Plus, if they were to do a child killing storyline, at least do it with Ben.

How is Ben, is Dermot and Zoe still visiting him in US?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How is Ben,
    I emailed the hospital last week, you'll be delighted to hear he's making a good recovery.
    Dermish and Granny Zoe are still there and are now actively campaigning for Donald Trump......
    So that fcuks any chance he had of being elected!

coolhull wrote: »
    I emailed the hospital last week, you'll be delighted to hear he's making a good recovery.
    Dermish and Granny Zoe are still there and are now actively campaigning for Donald Trump......
    So that fcuks any chance he had of being elected!

Ah sure look it Jo is good addition to Trump's campaign with Palin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This just supports my point that the ratio of competent, interesting actors to wasters on FC is way out of whack. Heather can act, Bob and Renee can act, at a push maybe Delores, but then you get the likes of the irredeemably awful Carol, Orla, Paul, Niamh, Dermot etc and that's when you give up the ghost because you know they will never deliver strong performances.

On a side note, I have it on good authority that the actor who plays Dermot has a MASSIVE ego in the "real" world. He was collecting a legal document from a solicitor and when the girl working there asked his name he was really taken aback and repeated it as if to say "Don't you know who I am".HA ha you gotta love bit-part nobody actors, they have the biggest notions..

This just supports my point that the ratio of competent, interesting actors to wasters on FC is way out of whack. Heather can act, Bob and Renee can act, at a push maybe Delores, but then you get the likes of the irredeemably awful Carol, Orla, Paul, Niamh, Dermot etc and that's when you give up the ghost because you know they will never deliver strong performances.

On a side note, I have it on good authority that the actor who plays Dermot has a MASSIVE ego in the "real" world. He was collecting a legal document from a solicitor and when the girl working there asked his name he was really taken aback and repeated it as if to say "Don't you know who I am".HA ha you gotta love bit-part nobody actors, they have the biggest notions..

well Jo seems to be the opposite so to Dermot, meet her and she seemed lovely, meet her a few times and she came to where i used work, she seemed very down to earth.

It must be the first break Carols babysitter has had in months.

ah that has to be a joke by him. i doubt anyone could have a ridiculous perception of himself based on fair city acting. Its bordering on sociopathic and I'm just a bit of a sceptic that his reply was based on his acting credentials but moreso just a silly joke perhaps that works every now and then based on him being in fair city!!.

if it is true id call him more deluded than egotistical and they are completely different!!

obviously i dont know the guy of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 acoustic guitar

Heather is wearing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ah that has to be a joke by him. i doubt anyone could have a ridiculous perception of himself based on fair city acting. Its bordering on sociopathic and I'm just a bit of a sceptic that his reply was based on his acting credentials but moreso just a silly joke perhaps that works every now and then based on him being in fair city!!.

if it is true id call him more deluded than egotistical and they are completely different!!

obviously i dont know the guy of course!

If that was a joke though, you would have expected him to burst out laughing afterwards and it doesn't sound like he did :D

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    If that was a joke though, you would have expected him to burst out laughing afterwards and it doesn't sound like he did :D

dermish doesn't laugh though 😄 as i said i'm a sceptic here!! i have a little too much faith in the human race 😄

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement