Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

On a side note, I have it on good authority that the actor who plays Dermot has a MASSIVE ego in the "real" world. He was collecting a legal document from a solicitor and when the girl working there asked his name he was really taken aback and repeated it as if to say "Don't you know who I am".HA ha you gotta love bit-part nobody actors, they have the biggest notions..

If his name was Dermot and he was the actual character from FC, I'd have some degree of understanding. But if this guy, whose name I had to google - Seamus Power - thinks the general public know his actual name, he's away with the fairies.

I would have just said, Seamus??? No. Surely you mean Dermot and can you take a quick look at my balancing statement from the revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,839 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

dermish doesn't laugh though 😄 as i said i'm a sceptic here!! i have a little too much faith in the human race 😄

I've always found Dermot a bit cranky alright, he seems to be permanently irritated by people (and he was in the foulest of foul humours for months after finding out Jo had an affair with Tommy) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

So now Sash is the latest person in Carringstown to get a job within 50 yards of where she lives.
    It makes me wonder what all the fuss is in Dublin about people having to commute back and forth to work?
    A little district with 2 pubs, a chip shop, a Spar, a god-save-us hardware store, a garage and a dry cleaners (so dry it's only open two days a year), a hotel that specializes in horses burgers, and a hairdresser's that does only fingernails.
    Yet those small businesses seem to employ more people than Google and Yahoo combined.
    Wake up, Dubliners, there's no need to spend hours every day going back and forth to work.
    Carringstown is the place to live. There's always a few 'shifts' going in McCoys and sure it's only a few doors away.
    Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

coolhull wrote:
    So now Sash is the latest person in Carringstown to get a job within 50 yards of where she lives. It makes me wonder what all the fuss is in Dublin about people having to commute back and forth to work? A little district with 2 pubs, a chip shop, a Spar, a god-save-us hardware store, a garage and a dry cleaners (so dry it's only open two days a year), a hotel that specializes in horses burgers, and a hairdresser's that does only fingernails. Yet those small businesses seem to employ more people than Google and Yahoo combined. Wake up, Dubliners, there's no need to spend hours every day going back and forth to work. Carringstown is the place to live. There's always a few 'shifts' going in McCoys and sure it's only a few doors away. Happy days!

In fairness that's typical in most soaps. In Corrie all of the residents work in Dev's shop, the factory, the Bistro, the Hairdressers or the Rovers, it's how they get the characters to interact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »
    I've always found Dermot a bit cranky alright, he seems to be permanently irritated by people (and he was in the foulest of foul humours for months after finding out Jo had an affair with Tommy) :)

yeah, what was that all about...yo'd think he'd be bouncing off the walls with happiness after that...

• Advertisement

Sooooo Dermot never came back from America

how long till they mention Jo is not coming back?

Sooooo Dermot never came back from America

how long till they mention Jo is not coming back?

coolhull wrote: »
    So now Sash is the latest person in Carringstown to get a job within 50 yards of where she lives.
    It makes me wonder what all the fuss is in Dublin about people having to commute back and forth to work?
    A little district with 2 pubs, a chip shop, a Spar, a god-save-us hardware store, a garage and a dry cleaners (so dry it's only open two days a year), a hotel that specializes in horses burgers, and a hairdresser's that does only fingernails.
    Yet those small businesses seem to employ more people than Google and Yahoo combined.
    Wake up, Dubliners, there's no need to spend hours every day going back and forth to work.
    Carringstown is the place to live. There's always a few 'shifts' going in McCoys and sure it's only a few doors away.
    Happy days!

not to mention the unlimited accomodation available, at little to no cost. A two up two down house, like where Mongo lives, accomodates about two dozen people whilst if you are looking for five star luxury with what seems like hundreds of staff, you can always visit the Criminal Assets Bureu Hotel where you are guaranteed a room as it never has any other guests apart from one old man who popped up at the reception the night of Mumbles met his death at the hand of a counter edge. ......

speaking of which, where in gods name did that man go and also where were the other staff of the hotel whilst Cathal was held captive in the reception area!!!

Jesus wept!!

In fairness that's typical in most soaps. In Corrie all of the residents work in Dev's shop, the factory, the Bistro, the Hairdressers or the Rovers, it's how they get the characters to interact.

don't make excuses!!

NEVER EVER come on this thread with excuses for Fair City 😉😄😄😄 :D

I know you're right, Cassie, but FC is the only soap I watch, and I only watch that because the laughs on this thread are unmissable. I can't imagine any other soap would lend itself as material to such a comical crowd as we have on here.
    My wife watches East Enders, or Shout Enders as I call it. Such a miserable, shouty, colourless bunch of characters.
    At least FC is always good for a laugh. And the fact that it's not meant to be laughed at makes it even better.

• Advertisement

I think shows like Red Rock and Casualty (and The Bill in the olden days) are the only ones to have a realistic set up in that the characters work together but live in completely different places.

Shows like Fair City and Corrie are unrealistic in the sense that people would have far less contact and interaction with their neighbours in real life and certainly wouldn't be working on the same street on which they live.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Grandeeod wrote: »
    It must be the first break Carols babysitter has had in months.

I'd say in years

Does Juilet live with Mondo? He's been there now months thought he meant to be getting his own flat for her and himself

Does Juilet live with Mondo? He's been there now months thought he meant to be getting his own flat for her and himself

I think Juliet may have returned to Manchester (or is it Liverpool?). The scriptwriters may have made a hames of this though : the last we heard, Juliet was living with Mondo in Dublin but the writers seem to have simply forgotten this.

i still cant believe Dolores lost one million by fraud and didnt report it!!! Surely the banks who allowed a million euro to be withdrawn without batting an eyelid wshould have had suspicions!!! ���� surely Wayne would risk a few years in jail to get that amount back!!! The bank would be most at fault anyway ��

Wayne would get three years max and he would have saved himself the embarresment of walking around with The Rams son and topping up the club orange two litres in the local spar!!!

i still cant believe Dolores lost one million by fraud and didnt report it!!! Surely the banks who allowed a million euro to be withdrawn without batting an eyelid wshould have had suspicions!!! 😄😄 surely Wayne would risk a few years in jail to get that amount back!!! The bank would be most at fault anyway 😄

Wayne would get three years max and he would have saved himself the embarresment of walking around with The Rams son and topping up the club orange two litres in the local spar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

coolhull wrote: »
    I know you're right, Cassie, but FC is the only soap I watch, and I only watch that because the laughs on this thread are unmissable. I can't imagine any other soap would lend itself as material to such a comical crowd as we have on here.
    My wife watches East Enders, or Shout Enders as I call it. Such a miserable, shouty, colourless bunch of characters.
    At least FC is always good for a laugh. And the fact that it's not meant to be laughed at makes it even better.

That's why I watch it.... it's the only soap I watch....

Damo's Blinky Acting Eyes
    Leo's Shovel Acting Hands
    Doug's Pigeon Impressions
    Sash and de way she tocks like dat
    Kerrie Annt ant te way she tries to tock like Sash
    Devil Child Binjimin
    Wayne The Slug Faced Goon
    The Ram
    The Horse Head
    Amma/alma/Ama and her bag
    Pearse/Pierce and his hat and App texts

The list goes on and on....

They make up for coherent storylines and continuity

i still cant believe Dolores lost one million by fraud and didnt report it!!! Surely the banks who allowed a million euro to be withdrawn without batting an eyelid wshould have had suspicions!!! ���� surely Wayne would risk a few years in jail to get that amount back!!! The bank would be most at fault anyway ��

That storyline was completely bonkers. Firstly, the bank would never allow Dolores transfer her life savings of €1m to some account in Nigeria or somewhere with just the click of a button on her laptop.

Secondly, Dolores could have come up with any number of reasons to give police as to how Eddie ended up with her bank password. There's no way Wayne would have gone to jail over it, it was all hearsay.....there was no proof of anything.

​Pierce wants to be in Australia by March to get his app off the ground and asks Rachel to go with him. He begins looking up college courses for Rachel in Sydney, but she suggests they wait until they have more money before they make the move. Pierce insists they need to take a chance.
    Later, Dermot leaves his credit card behind in the Dolphin Pod and Pierce seizes the opportunity and takes a photograph of the details, before using Dermot's details to buy the laptops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

G'wan Farrah - Give Header a shove !!

• Advertisement

As daft as the storyline is, Una as Heather is playing a blinder, same can't be said for your man playing Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I haven't watched tonights episode, but judging by how quiet it is here, it must have been mediocre even by FC standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can anybody answer this for me.
    Is Ama a virgin? I thought when she was with Damien that shes was waiting until she got married but tonight I got the impression she shared a bed with Shane and that she wasn't as experienced as Heather.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I haven't watched tonights episode, but judging by how quiet it is here, it must have been mediocre even by FC standards.
    It actually wasn't as bad as it usually is, not that that's much of a recommendation. ;) But I won't spoil it for you

Is Ama a virgin? I thought when she was with Damien that shes was waiting until she got married but tonight I got the impression she shared a bed with Shane and that she wasn't as experienced as Heather.

Ama gave Shane her flower

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

So Pierce is broke now.. how has he been earning money in the 6 months or so that he's been hanging around?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Well now all thats left is that great big auld tumble weed floatin around rennie's head..

Poor ama/alma/nussy..." i deserve better fur myself".. she shouldve stuck with pissy haired linka..

Ellie will be hard work for the next few days coming down off her meds.. she will be sweating as bad as hughie was the week he nearly had a pint

She's sleeping with Shane but means that since he is the only man she has been with, she is not as experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Heather said to Ellie last night that the last time people wanted to come and get her in trouble/take her away they had to leave Brazil. So are we to take from that it's happened before (drugging /abuse) heather did ask Shane for specific meds so had she used them on Ellie before? However Ellie would of remembered she's been sick before in that case

• Advertisement

Isn't it strange that Ellie, who's about ten or eleven, has far more cop-on than Renee in her sixties?
    Really, someone should take Renee and shake her till she gets a bit of sense.
    And that awful stupid frown on her all the time...
    "Renee, you need to grow up "
    Renee frowns.
    " Renee, you're being promoted to Chief Executive of the Spar chain of over the entire country"
    Renee frowns.
    Renee, you got six number, and the bonus number, in the lotto "
    Renee frowns.
    " Renee, Heather has been poisoning your grandchild"
    Renee explodes, "She most certainly has not! That was probably Farrah!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement