Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Lord gawd of almighty please let his be the end of this storyline, I'm sick of Headcase Heather and that hang dog daughter of hers. Oh and the wan playing Reneé, who can't act her way out of a paper bag...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

heh, thing is they've ruined Heather's character forever now and she was one of the few good ones, being a writer and with The Good Sister etc. Course that's never stopped them from bringing back characters with completely different personalities before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Morrissey

Heather's brain chemistry is faulty, but at least she has a brain, unlike Cash for Gold Renee, the dopey dolly bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Finally the penny dropped "I think she needs to be admitted"

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Interesting how Me Ma said Ellie had no phone even though in the extras it shows her getting a phone on Christmas. Are phones the new pets, adored at Christmas but then ignored by most in January. Would've been an interesting storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Well butter me boll*x and slap me f*nny I thought a raven was going to swoop down and perch on Heather's shoulder there during piano scene.

Very Hitchockian.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

dogcat wrote: »
    Are phones the new pets, adored at Christmas but then ignored by most in January.

A phone is not just for Christmas, you know!

Anyway, thank God the panic is over now. Superintendent Deegan is on the case.
    Na na na na na na na, Deegan, Deegan, Deegan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Well butter me boll*x and slap me f*nny I thought a raven was going to swoop down and perch on Heather's shoulder there during piano scene.

Very Hitchockian.

Lol! Was just thinking the same, that she was about to start into the Death March!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

coolhull wrote: »
    A phone is not just for Christmas, you know!

Anyway, thank God the panic is over now. Superintendent Deegan is on the case.
    Na na na na na na na, Deegan, Deegan, Deegan
    All on his own. Some man for one man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Was Heather sectioned under the mental health act?

If that happened, Ellie is safe and Doctor Dick gets away scot free because nobody will believe a word Heather said.

Then we can all move on from this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

dogcat wrote: »
    Interesting how Me Ma said Ellie had no phone even though in the extras it shows her getting a phone on Christmas. Are phones the new pets, adored at Christmas but then ignored by most in January. Would've been an interesting storyline.

She said 'not on her'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Never mind finding Ellie, Doug also appears to have tracked down Deegan too...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

In a few months - or maybe a year if the actress has other committments - we'll see Heather return a changed woman. Like Tommy Dillon, her psychosis will be a thing of the past and her drugging of Ellie will be quietly forgotten. Who knows; she might even manage to help bust a load of ne'er do wells by setting up a stash of hidden cameras in a hotel which we never heard of before it became relevant to a particularlly daft storyline. She'll then become the hero of the hour and perhaps even set up a private detective agency with the aforementioned Dillon with whom she will also fall in love. Of course she'll write another bestseller, this time about her entrapment of the dastardly criminal gang, become a journo (along the lines of Paul Williams) with the Northside Post and live happily ever after.... Well, at least until the next storyline where she cheats on Tommy Dillon with her new colleague Nina....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

How the hell is Hughie staying off the drink with all this ****e going on???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Was Heather sectioned under the mental health act?

If that happened, Ellie is safe and Doctor Dick gets away scot free because nobody will believe a word Heather said.

Then we can all move on from this crap.

People who are in any way involved with or have a vested interest in getting someone sectioned aren't supposed to have anything to do with it, for example ex-spouses, for obvious reasons.

If Doctor Dick wrote the referral as well all Heather has to do is establish they were in a relationship (backed up by multiple witnesses) and it would seem Doctor Dick as good as signed the death warrant to his medical career.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

People who are in any way involved with or have a vested interest in getting someone sectioned aren't supposed to have anything to do with it, for example ex-spouses, for obvious reasons.

If Doctor Dick wrote the referral as well all Heather has to do is establish they were in a relationship (backed up by multiple witnesses) and it would seem Doctor Dick as good as signed the death warrant to his medical career.

Ludicrous getting Shane to come over to the house, when there was already a locum in place at the surgery

Ludicrous getting Shane to come over to the house, when there was already a locum in place at the surgery
    That's what I thought. Is he the only doctor in Dublin? As Charleygal said, It should have been someone neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Another great episode by fair city, I hate the way coward Shane just ran off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That bit with Heather sitting at the piano when she starts talking about visiting Floyd just as she hits the low key loudly was hilarious. I geniunely cracked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Headerballs young wan goes missing for an hour and the townsfolk rally round and find her.
    Baldy Brennan goes missing for months along with half the town and no one gives a s#ite.

At least Dr Strangelove is tipping off with himself, his acting hurts my face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Heather is scarily convincing to be fair.

wilddarts wrote: »
    Headerballs young wan goes missing for an hour and the townsfolk rally round and find her.
    Baldy Brennan goes missing for months along with half the town and no one gives a s#ite.

At least Dr Strangelove is tipping off with himself, his acting hurts my face.

In fairness, would you blame them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Who directs this rubbish? I'm starting to believe they are to blame and not the writers or actors.

3 great examples last night:

Hedder walks downstairs and straight away announces she's going back to bed - why the f*ck would you walk downstairs so? What made her change her mind and decide to go back to bed? She did it straight away. I know they need a way of bringing her into the scene but why say anything? Why not walk in and say "Is there anything in fridge? Did you get milk? Have you any nurofen, my hangover is killing me?"

Me Daaaa wanders off to find the missing 10 year old. She bumps into Doug the Pigeon Turkey. He knows where she might be. At this point you would expect Me Daaa to get hyper excited, I don't know, maybe ask "Where? Where?" or something along those lines but no its "follow me" from Doug and she trots off after him without a word looking like she's on museum tour.

Hedder eventually has her breakdown. Her mother, her uncle, her sister (half sister?) and daughter are among those present. The acting is quite good from Hedder in this scene but ruined by the fact that they all sit watching and nobody (would have thought her mother) seems to think it fit to have her daughter taken away. Instead they all sit staring before Hughie suggest calling a doctor. Which doctor do they then call but the one she's just had an affair with.

Priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Coat22 wrote: »
    Who directs this rubbish? I'm starting to believe they are to blame and not the writers or actors.

Hedder walks downstairs and straight away announces she's going back to bed - why the f*ck would you walk downstairs so? What made her change her mind and decide to go back to bed? She did it straight away. I know they need a way of bringing her into the scene but why say anything? Why not walk in and say "Is there anything in fridge? Did you get milk? Have you any nurofen, my hangover is killing me?"

Me Daaaa wanders off to find the missing 10 year old. She bumps into Doug the Pigeon Turkey. He knows where she might be. At this point you would expect Me Daaa to get hyper excited, I don't know, maybe ask "Where? Where?" or something along those lines but no its "follow me" from Doug and she trots off after him without a word looking like she's on museum tour.

Hedder eventually has her breakdown. Her mother, her uncle, her sister (half sister?) and daughter are among those present. The acting is quite good from Hedder in this scene but ruined by the fact that they all sit watching and nobody (would have thought her mother) seems to think it fit to have her daughter taken away. Instead they all sit staring before Hughie suggest calling a doctor. Which doctor do they then call but the one she's just had an affair with.

Priceless

Thought the same thing myself with Dougie and Farrah, it was like Scooby Doo or something. Pity he wasnt wearing his superhero outfit at the time.

But later didnt Bob indicate to Farrah to take Ellie away, granted Heather had already been hysterical for a while but the whole issue wasnt completely overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,605 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

katkin wrote: »
    Thought the same thing myself with Dougie and Farrah, it was like Scooby Doo or something. Pity he wasnt wearing his superhero outfit at the time.

But later didnt Bob indicate to Farrah to take Ellie away, granted Heather had already been hysterical for a while but the whole issue wasnt completely overlooked.

So were was Ellie at the end. As in who is looking after her now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

monkey9 wrote: »
    That bit with Heather sitting at the piano when she starts talking about visiting Floyd just as she hits the low key loudly was hilarious. I geniunely cracked up.

I normally love slagging off Fair City but tbh I thought that was a really powerful scene as you could see Heather was having a complete mental breakdown.

However, I saw this on Twitter and it really cracked me up! :D

"Jaysus Heather is brutal on the piano #FairCity" Una Kavanagh herself retweeted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Coat22 wrote: »

Priceless

Maybe Heather was going down for a reason and was going to stay up but when she saw Farrah, she might have decided then to go back upstairs cause she didn't want to be dealing with Farrah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

fin12 wrote: »
    Maybe Heather was going down for a reason and was going to stay up but when she saw Farrah, she might have decided then to go back upstairs cause she didn't want to be dealing with Farrah.

Maybe but watch it again - she walks into the room solely for the purpose of saying "I'm going back to bed" - maybe you're right it should have been because of Me Daaa but if it was then it was poorly acted, there should have been a roll of the eyes, a huff etc. Either way it was another bizarre scene where more was said than needed to be

• Registered Users Posts: 18,837 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Shane would never have sacrificed his career and his practise for Heather like this. It makes for a dramatic storyline but it also has him acting totally out of character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

whelan2 wrote: »
    So were was Ellie at the end. As in who is looking after her now?

Good question, maybe staying with Renee and Bob. Kept thinking they were a couple last night, I know they are in real life so maybe that was it, no sign of Carrie Crowley at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement