Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Coat22 wrote: »
    Who directs this rubbish? I'm starting to believe they are to blame and not the writers or actors.

3 great examples last night:

Hedder walks downstairs and straight away announces she's going back to bed - why the f*ck would you walk downstairs so? What made her change her mind and decide to go back to bed? She did it straight away. I know they need a way of bringing her into the scene but why say anything? Why not walk in and say "Is there anything in fridge? Did you get milk? Have you any nurofen, my hangover is killing me?"

Me Daaaa wanders off to find the missing 10 year old. She bumps into Doug the Pigeon Turkey. He knows where she might be. At this point you would expect Me Daaa to get hyper excited, I don't know, maybe ask "Where? Where?" or something along those lines but no its "follow me" from Doug and she trots off after him without a word looking like she's on museum tour.

Hedder eventually has her breakdown. Her mother, her uncle, her sister (half sister?) and daughter are among those present. The acting is quite good from Hedder in this scene but ruined by the fact that they all sit watching and nobody (would have thought her mother) seems to think it fit to have her daughter taken away. Instead they all sit staring before Hughie suggest calling a doctor. Which doctor do they then call but the one she's just had an affair with.

Priceless

And another thing I was thinking - when Doug said to Farrah I think I might know where she is, wouldn't you think she'd have phoned back to Me Maaaa or Bob or Hughie to let them know she was heading to the allotment, also when she got to the allotment did she phone to say she had found Ellie? Looked like she found her, didn't ring them, brought her back and just landed her in the door of McCoys to the rest of them standing in the exact same positions as she had left them. It would have been more plausible if as soon as they heard she was in the shed, they all would have dashed out to meet her?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

whelan2 wrote: »
    So were was Ellie at the end. As in who is looking after her now?

Was she not 'upstairs' in Bob's bungalow? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,605 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

And still Brendan hasnt been contacted :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Has it ever been mentioned who Heather's father is? Shouldn't they investigate medical history for mental illness etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

What's with Hughie telling Farrah not to say anything about heather drugging Ellie because it would tear the family apart?? The family consists of Hughie Farrah and renee, I doubt they'd be torn apart and surely it would be better for Ellie so heather's not given custody of her when she's back out? There's nothing to say Heather will be fully 'cured' & she was abusing her for gods sake! If anything Ellie needs therapy at this point as well!

Unfortunately Hughes reaction is probably true to life, too many families sweep things like this under the rug instead of facing up to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »
    Shane would never have sacrificed his career and his practise for Heather like this. It makes for a dramatic storyline but it also has him acting totally out of character.

Precisely. Story was completely plot driven. And they even managed to screw that up. The two main protagonists' personalities were very much altered to devise the plot. It's horrible writing when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Precisely. Story was completely plot driven. And they even managed to screw that up. The two main protagonists' personalities were very much altered to devise the plot. It's horrible writing when that happens.

Yes, Shane doesn't seem rash or impulsive at all. If anything, he is measured and takes his work very seriously. You could totally imagine a younger version of Doctor Jim risking everything for a woman but Shane is more like his natural father Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

People who are in any way involved with or have a vested interest in getting someone sectioned aren't supposed to have anything to do with it, for example ex-spouses, for obvious reasons.

If Doctor Dick wrote the referral as well all Heather has to do is establish they were in a relationship (backed up by multiple witnesses) and it would seem Doctor Dick as good as signed the death warrant to his medical career.

Its FC FFS. They stuff up as they go along without any reference to reality.

Dermot will be back soon......
    http://goo.gl/PhXahn

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Dermot will be back soon......
    http://goo.gl/PhXahn

Wonder will Bin be with him. Does Ben know who is father is and that Ellie is his half sister?

• Advertisement

katkin wrote: »
    Wonder will Bin be with him. Does Ben know who is father is and that Ellie is his half sister?

Probably not seeing as entire cast,writers and producers have completely erased it from their memories.

Don't forget Zoey, will she be with him?.... I don't think they told Benjamin who his father is.

Don't forget Zoey, will she be with him?.... I don't think they told Benjamin who his father is.

That's a very good question. Will they use the Ben in America storyline as an excuse to write Zoe out? Though I can think of no sound reason why Zoe would remain in the US while Jo is having to go backwards and forwards for treatment with him to the clinic. The only logical place for her to be would be with Dermot in Dublin, so that she could carry on at school as normal and be with her friends etc.

Strazdas wrote: »
    That's a very good question. Will they use the Ben in America storyline as an excuse to write Zoe out? Though I can think of no sound reason why Zoe would remain in the US while Jo is having to go backwards and forwards for treatment with him to the clinic. The only logical place for her to be would be with Dermot in Dublin, so that she could carry on at school as normal and be with her friends etc.

I thought Dermot was just going to be making short visits to the USA as he had to stay at home look after the launderette :) Jo was staying long term.... It will be interesting to see how they write Jo out... Plane crash, maybe.

I thought Dermot was just going to be making short visits to the USA as he had to stay at home look after the launderette :) Jo was staying long term.... It will be interesting to see how they write Jo out... Plane crash, maybe.

I think the plan was for Dermot and Zoe to spend about two weeks there at Halloween and then for the two of them to return to Dublin. We're supposed to assume they've been back in Dublin for the last three months but offscreen of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Thought the same thing myself with Dougie and Farrah, it was like Scooby Doo or something. Pity he wasnt wearing his superhero outfit at the time.

That would have been great. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Watched the episode where heather announced the affair. Comedy gold, that was hilarious; !!! Anybody that hasn't seen it get on rte player, it is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah FFS so no one believes Heather was drugging Ellie, Shane takes off, was hoping Ama or Heather would have got him struck off as a doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ah FFS so no one believes Heather was drugging Ellie, Shane takes off, was hoping Ama or Heather would have got him struck off as a doctor

Ya I wanted him to get struck off as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yep another rather unsatisfying end to a long running story (unless there is more to come?) Shane flees, and Heather is sectioned and nobody believes Ellie was being poisoned?

The highlight was the piano playing - where did that piano come from? Never saw it before in Bob's two storey bungalow but it just magically appears in time for Headers 5th symphony? Dramatic in a play sense but not a TV sense it was quite funny at a key point in the episode I was expecting her to start playing chopsticks!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pretzill wrote: »
    Yep another rather unsatisfying end to a long running story (unless there is more to come?) Shane flees, and Heather is sectioned and nobody believes Ellie was being poisoned?

The highlight was the piano playing - where did that piano come from? Never saw it before in Bob's two storey bungalow but it just magically appears in time for Headers 5th symphony? Dramatic in a play sense but not a TV sense it was quite funny at a key point in the episode I was expecting her to start playing chopsticks!! :)

Was the Bob's gaff or Shane's place he is renting from Charlie with the piano :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Pretzill wrote: »

I was only half paying attention when watching. I thought Heather had sat down on the couch when she came in. Got a bit of a fright when I heard the strange piano playing! For a minute, I thought someone at RTE was going hard on the gargle. Still though, better than Leo and his guitar. :P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Shane was last spotted on an auld clapped out Honda 50 heading for the Wicklow hills. London me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Would be gas if Heather reappeared in McCoys, takes off her coat and is wearing a t-shirt saying 'Baby on Board' a la current story line in Eastenders!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

katkin wrote:

Who is his father and half sister???

Who is his father and half sister???

Brendan Daly,Heather's husband is Ben's biological father which makes Ellie his half-sister. The entire population of Carrigstown has amnesia re this however,hence why Ben's illness was never even mentioned when trying to ascertain the cause of Ellie's illness. *rolleyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

MelanieC wrote:
    Brendan Daly,Heather's husband is Ben's biological father which makes Ellie his half-sister. The entire population of Carrigstown has amnesia re this however,hence why Ben's illness was never even mentioned when trying to ascertain the cause of Ellie's illness. *rolleyes*

Oh yes, forgot all about that. Thanks

MelanieC wrote: »

They don't want to allude to Ben being permanently written out of the series I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Isn't there an unwritten rule in all soaps that the truth will out?
    For example, the murderer, rapist, attacker always gets caught?
    The wife/husband always finds out about the affair?
    Someone will eventually find out that Header was poisoning Ellie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya I wanted him to get struck off as well.

Ya bit of a cop out that he just exits stage left, no repercussions or consequences. Amazing that the all can just up sticks overnight, so ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement