Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Worthy of The Billie Barrys that tantrum. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

LOL! That was a meltdown????

Who directs this crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

And she was so loved by all she never got a funeral....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

that new gal in the office sho is nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Who doesn't pierce just go develop another stupid app if this one is not working out???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

I really think that Renee deserves a good shaking for her continued defence of Heather. As for Heather herself; she can't be all that loopy if she managed to remember Ama's number, prank call her multiple times, then reveal herself when threatened. I believe this whole ''breakdown'' thing is yet another ploy for attention, and now it appears that Ellie is turning into her mini me.

Charleygal wrote:
    I really think that Renee deserves a good shaking for her continued defence of Heather. As for Heather herself; she can't be all that loopy if she managed to remember Ama's number, prank call her multiple times, then reveal herself when threatened. I believe this whole ''breakdown'' thing is yet another ploy for attention, and now it appears that Ellie is turning into her mini me.

Couldn't have put it better me self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Hayley was great tonight, having her in the office could prove to be fun.

I knew Niamh, Dermish and Decco shared an office, but they actually just share a desk. Now Hayley has taken Esther's place at the desk. Four empires being run from a 6x6 foot table.

You gotta' love FC. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

How many times did Pierce and Emmet bump into each other tonight.

Ama/Alma was in the shop and didn't hear Ellie's (ridiculous ) tantrum til she turned the corner to come to the til.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Beechfiled wrote: »
    How many times did Pierce and Emmet bump into each other tonight.

Ama/Alma was in the shop and didn't hear Ellie's (ridiculous ) tantrum til she turned the corner to come to the til.

can we just clear this up. It's definitely Ama, not Alma. Or you can call her "Am a Nuss" or Nussie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That poor backpacker was just left to his own devices at the start of the show. He walks in, nobody acknowledges him. Rachel asks Pierce to see to him and they end up arguing.

In the end, the backpacker is just left talking to himself by the window. Shoddy customer service there. No wonder Rachel failed her Leaving Cert and Pierce is only good enough to valet cars.

And here, don't start having Paul getting into an affair with Hayley. The Brennan affairs have been done to death at this stage. Let us all move on.

can we just clear this up. It's definitely Ama, not Alma. Or you can call her "Am a Nuss" or Nussie.

Haha. Ya its Ama.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Don Corleone Brennan to Hayley " I'm not going to eat you". Hmm.

R.I.P that packet of pasta

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Ellie needs the tablets again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

So what if Pearce has no money? Is that a story? Does he not get paid for working in the Pod? Can he afford to sit alone in a pub in the dark? Serious Bloom Business Hayley and Mondo have going. And may I add Kilkenny, Kilkenny, Kilkenny.

squadro wrote: »
    Don Corleone Brennan to Hayley " I'm not going to eat you". Hmm.

If they get together :eek: gets sick on laptop

What is it about the lighting in FC that makes everyone's teeth look f*cked up

Since Shane has gone and Header is the bin FC is just one 30 second stop'n'chat into the next. Absolute sh*te. I'll leave it for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Hayley was great tonight, having her in the office could prove to be fun.

I knew Niamh, Dermish and Decco shared an office, but they actually just share a desk. Now Hayley has taken Esther's place at the desk. Four empires being run from a 6x6 foot table.

You gotta' love FC. :D

I can't make up my mind about Hayley. Sometimes I think she's great, other times I want to slap the smug grin off her face. Good character either way.

I love that you can now make medical appointments when you bump into the local nuss in the community centre. It also works for Spar, the local park and various pubs & restaurants. No need for Bela to phone the surgery or go in to make his appointments when he can just randomly tell nussie that he needs an appointment for a check up! And God help us all if there's something wrong with him. He's a miserable ould ****e as it is! :rolleyes:

If Dermot was my accountant/business associate and he arranged for me to stay in 'the pod', I'd bloody well fire him on the spot! What a joke of a place. Rachel is supposed to be turning into a hard nosed business woman and it makes me laugh. That girl couldn't run a bath, nevermind a business! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Paul had a good auld look at Hailey's legs. He'll probably end up riding her.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Maliboo Stacey

monkey9 wrote: »
    That poor backpacker was just left to his own devices at the start of the show. He walks in, nobody acknowledges him. Rachel asks Pierce to see to him and they end up arguing.

In the end, the backpacker is just left talking to himself by the window. Shoddy customer service there. No wonder Rachel failed her Leaving Cert and Pierce is only good enough to valet cars.

Ha! I was about to post the same thing. What was the purpose of having this guy in the scene in the first place?? It was just plain stupid having Pierce and Rachel arguing about money a few feet away from him and completely ignoring him. It looked unrealistic and just plain silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ha! I was about to post the same thing. What was the purpose of having this guy in the scene in the first place?? It was just plain stupid having Pierce and Rachel arguing about money a few feet away from him and completely ignoring him. It looked unrealistic and just plain silly.

Not to mention the fact that a "backpacking hostel" miles out into the suburbs makes no sense. From what I can see, they're all located in Dublin city centre. Did Dermot say he was booking one of his clients in there too? I would have thought the Ballantyne would be the place for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Dermots client is gonna be quare pissed off at missing out on the complimentary breakfast in the pod. An aul breakfast roll could have being the clincher lad.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Aw i thought the little tribute to esther was nice. .....late, but nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

laylag wrote: »
    Aw i thought the little tribute to esther was nice. .....late, but nice.

I agree! Were they alluding to Hayley being somewhat similar to Esther, like her replacement? It was kind of a weird scene the way mondo and dermish were gazing at her excitedly & full of wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

squadro wrote: »
    Dermots client is gonna be quare pissed off at missing out on the complimentary breakfast in the pod. An aul breakfast roll could have being the clincher lad.:D

Thanks...I just spat coffee out on the keyboard. :D

Honestly, if it wasn't for you guys and gals on this thread, I wouldn't be able to watch FC.

I thought Hayley was involved in Flynn's call girl service, running it

It was actually driving me crazy the way he was just standing there. If he'd just walked into the room as a first scene then fine, I'd put it down to him staying there already and just chilling out or checking a brochure. But the opening scene shows him outside checking his map and the door number and sign to make sure he was in the right place so he was obviously there to check in.

I could hardly concentrate on the lines they were speaking as I kept shouting in my head at the screen GO OVER TO YOUR CUSTOMER as he stood there looking around the place like Fr Dougal Maguire.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Hayley was involved in Flynn's call girl service, running it

Flynn should be dead from cancer round about now actually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement