Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

He is probably friends with him on bebo.................... or Bobe, whatever they call it in Carrigstown!!

I dunno, I think I would recognise a very close family member/ friend after a long period . Its all about the eyes and mouth and face shape.

For example look at this man over 20 years ago.............. gess who!!

MAN-TREV.jpg
    Oh dear, the years haven't been too kind to bob. I'd say that was him closer to 40 years ago.

audi12 wrote: »
    she is so annoying and she does not look like paris hilton i wish

Are you implying that Hilton is a beauty? She's just a very plain looking woman with a pointy face and she had plastic surgery to look like that. Kerry Ann is streets ahead of her.

MelanieC wrote: »
    After the whole Tommy/Luke/Judith saga,you would think Bob would, at some stage, have mentioned to Judy when he was then going out with her, that he had been involved in a very similar situation himself. But no,never a word!

It's almost as if the writers suddenly decided to give him a dramatic past that although he's been in the show for years,has never once been alluded to!! ;-) :-D That's so unlike them!

He didn't tell her his real surname, what was the idea of changing his surname it's not as if anyone would know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Have you ever seen the "Fair City Fans" Facebook page! It is like the complete antithesis of what goes on here!! Every comment is an appraisal and they go on like the programme is Grammy Award winning worthy!! I amn't slagging their page (before the mods appear!) I just think its hilarious how the respective contributors to this thread and the FB page see the show so differently! I -MUCH prefer this thread though!!
    Looked at it just a minute ago. Silly people! Its the sort of stuff you'd expect to find on a One Direction groupie website.
    Maybe there's a parallel Fair City programme out there that we Boardies cant see?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

dan will be back on his feet within 6 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Oh dear, the years haven't been too kind to bob. I'd say that was him closer to 40 years ago.

ah stop. The man is 65. What ddo you want him to look like! I actually think he looks very well for his age to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

wadacrack wrote: »

Just unable to write!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Does anyone else find it strange that even though Bob has known Dr Hiya for years, and even lived with her for a while, it didn't occur to him to mention that his own brother is also a doctor?
    If your brother was a plumber, and you happened to be living with another plumber, wouldn't it be natural that it would come up in at least one conversation?

Oh, sh!t, I keep forgetting that this is Fair City, where nobody's past goes back any further than last Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Renee live with Bob or Farrah?

coolhull wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it strange that even though Bob has known Dr Hiya for years, and even lived with her for a while, it didn't occur to him to mention that his own brother is also a doctor?
    If your brother was a plumber, and you happened to be living with another plumber, wouldn't it be natural that it would come up in at least one conversation?

Oh, sh!t, I keep forgetting that this is Fair City, where nobody's past goes back any further than last Thursday.

Bob himself looked more surprised than anyone with the story and his brother's arrival... He had such a look of "Do I really have to make this sh1t up?"

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Renee live with Bob or Farrah?

I think it's with Christy's daughter, mee daa!

walshb wrote: »
    I think it's with Christy's daughter, mee daa!

Farrah "Me Da" is her daughter too, so in the flat above Spar

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Farrah "Me Da" is her daughter too, so in the flat above Spar

I know she's Renee's daughter too. I was just trying to be funny bringing in Christy's name.

ah stop. The man is 65. What ddo you want him to look like! I actually think he looks very well for his age to be honest.

It was only a dig at you for digging out a 40 year old photo, if he aged that much in 20 years, do you get it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I thought Renee was renting in Bobs - with Max living in Spar's staff room and Farrah living in the bedroom/studio/flat above Spar.

But then who is living in the bungelow with the stairs? Will Dan be moving in there with the 1 remaining Dillon sister so they can re-enact another storyline - when her sister lived there with Turlough who couldn't walk either? Guess they'll have to hide the mirror.

Does anyone notice the advertising hotspots in Spar - for two whole weeks all action took place infront of the Calvita cheese - this week it's soft drinks.

walshb wrote: »
    I know she's Renee's daughter too. I was just trying to be funny bringing in Christy's name.

:o but more :confused:

It was only a dig at you for digging out a 40 year old photo, if he aged that much in 20 years, do you get it now?

huh?? that was 20 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFSVMvWjzfY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭xMallx

The same storylines seem to be recyclled in fair city every few months, Do you think they should do a shocking storyline that hasn't been done before ? eg serial killer or paedophile ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

xMallx wrote: »
    The same storylines seem to be recyclled in fair city every few months, Do you think they should do a shocking storyline that hasn't been done before ? eg serial killer or paedophile ?
    no way..alot of old biddy's would get a heart attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

wadacrack wrote: »

There's a rumour that the hospital bed will be nominated for a sainthood, it's the only inanimate object I know that can perform miracles, having cured at least two patients of untreatable paralysis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Pretzill wrote: »
    Does anyone notice the advertising hotspots in Spar - for two whole weeks all action took place infront of the Calvita cheese - this week it's soft drinks.

So I wasn't the only one noticed them spending a lot of time in front of the cheese though it was the Galtee that caught my eye and that I had to buy the next day! Product placement works :P

Ah,................... this explains my shopping this week...........

IMG_1510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Hilarious!

Hilarious!
    It's called product placement ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm happy to know I'm immune to it :) I haven't been craving Calvita. Until now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

As the products don't move it really should be renamed " character placement " :)

Jaysus - Spar must be rethinking sponsoring FC with those scenes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Hmm.. I must pop down to spar to pick up all my Valentine's Day needs... Chocolates, cards, stuffed teddy bears.

When did Katy move home??

• Advertisement

Ama the nurse is even more annoying lately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement