Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Cathal still in jail for Barchanic's death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

monkey9 wrote: »
    It was actually driving me crazy the way he was just standing there. If he'd just walked into the room as a first scene then fine, I'd put it down to him staying there already and just chilling out or checking a brochure. But the opening scene shows him outside checking his map and the door number and sign to make sure he was in the right place so he was obviously there to check in.

I could hardly concentrate on the lines they were speaking as I kept shouting in my head at the screen GO OVER TO YOUR CUSTOMER as he stood there looking around the place like Fr Dougal Maguire.

The whole scene was classic FC. Utter crap.

Not only did they completely ignore the potential guest to have a row a couple of feet away, when eventually Rachel mopes over to him she just nods at him while he nods back! No "How are you? Are you looking for a room?" etc. God no - she nods. She's not even an extra so surely they could have gotten her to utter a line as they faded her out?

Then its gets better - her auld lad walks in and she turns and completely ignores the customer again! No "Sorry, I'll just be a minute" (or actually dealing with the customer rather than turning to talk to her father).

It was the most bizarre scene since Me Daaa and Doug the Turkey Pigeon did their tribute to Scooby Doo the other night.

Someone is actually getting paid actual money to make this crap. Getting paid! I think I want a bit of that action myself but sadly me daa or me maa doesn't work in RTE (or went to school with someone in RTE)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Hayley was involved in Flynn's call girl service, running it

The way she's talking about her promotions business she might have decided to go out on her own. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,605 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Is Tommy the only customer of the hardware shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Why is every episode started on the street? Literally every episode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ha delighted princess rachel was put in her place
    Is vibe the new word in carrigstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Lots of empty coffee been bought, Pete scalded Demo.. :D

Ha big man pierce standing up to paul
    Oh my god paul is an ass. .. halarious 😆
    Haha rachel is branching out this is absolute comedy gold, I really did laugh haha she's franchising the pod brilliant

Ha big man pierce standing up to paul
    Oh my god paul is an ass. .. halarious 😆
    Haha rachel is branching out this is absolute comedy gold, I really did laugh haha she's franchising the pod brilliant
    Does Rachel EVER smile, always a puss on her

Will we see Bella in the Station or McCoy's or Vinos tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ouch my ears!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I hope the scenery is alright.....after that chewing. :rolleyes:

Derms, wtf

Mondo like something straight out of panto
    Think we're all dying to see adam at this stage, adam West and the mace man with their app
    Aww the ram didn't reference kilkenny, disapointing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Mondo like something straight out of panto
    Think we're all dying to see adam at this stage, adam West and the mace man with their app
    Aww the ram didn't reference kilkenny, disapointing

Saw Mondo in Limerick Panto-wasn't bad actually

Oh my god derms put your tongue back in your head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Who the f does Renee think she is? Dithering ninny last week, Ma Baker tonight. :mad:

washiskin wrote: »
    Who the f does Renee think she is? Dithering ninny last week, Ma Baker tonight. :mad:

It's the leather jacket makes her a super hero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Pierce has had the same clothes on him since he came into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Haha. Ya its Ama.

Oh no I know. It just irritated me when people called her Alma!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

You took the words out of my mouth. I'm surprised Pierce hasn't been banned from every establishment by now, the smell of that leather jacket of his must be putting customers off at this point..

Alma will do the right thing.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Actually half of Carrickstown seem to wear black all the time. What's up with that?

I hate to say it but I think the mace man could do better for himself

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

I honestly believe that Heather's ''breakdown'' is all an act which she staged out of desperation when she knew the truth about her poisoning Ellie was about to come out. She also knows what a gullible eejit Renee is, and that she'd cover for her all the more if she thought that her poor girl had lost her mind. She knew damn well what she was doing when she called Ama and asked her to visit; it was likely that she wanted to gloat once they were alone, and tell her that no one would ever believe her if she tried to out her for drugging Ellie. When she saw that Farrah was there it put something of a spanner in the works, hence her ''crazy meltdown.''

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Pierce has had the same clothes on him since he came into it.

No wonder himself and Emmet are BFFs all of a sudden (despite there being a realistic 7 or 8 year age gap).

I have a question about Me Daaa, Rennie and Nussie. Why can't they tell the authorities that Heather was poisoning Ellie? None of them knew for sure about it when Ellie was in hospital. If Heather genuinely is sick, then that would be taken into account and Ellie would surely be placed in either Rennie or Me Daaa's care. If/when Heather recovers, they would talk about Ellie going to live with her. I just don't get why they're all so worried that they would get in trouble for it. Surely Shane is the only one liable? :confused:

Or if the FC writers had been bloody smart, they could've kept Bin and Jo around and eventually Dermish and Jo could've fostered Ellie. Then again, that would mean keeping Bin and Jo around...

Charleygal wrote: »
    I honestly believe that Heather's ''breakdown'' is all an act which she staged out of desperation when she knew the truth about her poisoning Ellie was about to come out. She also knows what a gullible eejit Renee is, and that she'd cover for her all the more if she thought that her poor girl had lost her mind. She knew damn well what she was doing when she called Ama and asked her to visit; it was likely that she wanted to gloat once they were alone, and tell her that no one would ever believe her if she tried to out her for drugging Ellie. When she saw that Farrah was there it put something of a spanner in the works, hence her ''crazy meltdown.''

don't overthink stuff like this. Fair City writers wrote this script so you can take it as a given that was the climax of this story more or less and the writers won't surprise us with something smart or that makes sense. REMEMBER....F.A.I.R C.I.T.Y .C.H.A.R.A.C.T.E.R......

youwould wrote: »
    No wonder himself and Emmet are BFFs all of a sudden (despite there being a realistic 7 or 8 year age gap).

I have a question about Me Daaa, Rennie and Nussie. Why can't they tell the authorities that Heather was poisoning Ellie? None of them knew for sure about it when Ellie was in hospital. If Heather genuinely is sick, then that would be taken into account and Ellie would surely be placed in either Rennie or Me Daaa's care. If/when Heather recovers, they would talk about Ellie going to live with her. I just don't get why they're all so worried that they would get in trouble for it. Surely Shane is the only one liable? :confused:

Or if the FC writers had been bloody smart, they could've kept Bin and Jo around and eventually Dermish and Jo could've fostered Ellie. Then again, that would mean keeping Bin and Jo around...

If the truth came out, I would have thought Ellie would be allowed to stay with Farrah or Renee, after all they are family. .... Unless social services are still going by 1950 rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

So Rachel is going the franchise the pod? With Paul and Pearse managing the Limerick franchise - I believe she's going to call it 'Two P's in a Pod'

:)

Header is playing a blinder with her One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest revival - surely the staff in the hospital would cotton on to her routine - I mean they are professionals at dealing with all facets of mental health and the effects of the treatment. Would somebody so distressed even be allowed visitors?

And has Dermie forgotten he has a wife and children, fawning over Hayley like a teenager - though in fairness we've forgotten he has a wife and children at this stage!

• Advertisement

Pretzill wrote: »
    So Rachel is going the franchise the pod? With Paul and Pearse managing the Limerick franchise - I believe she's going to call it 'Two P's in a Pod'

:)

Header is playing a blinder with her One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest revival - surely the staff in the hospital would cotton on to her routine - I mean they are professionals at dealing with all facets of mental health and the effects of the treatment. Would somebody so distressed even be allowed visitors?

And has Dermie forgotten he has a wife and children, fawning over Hayley like a teenager - though in fairness we've forgotten he has a wife and children at this stage!

she should open a third in Mallow or Kilkenny, call the Franchise TriPod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement