Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I reckon the actor that plays The Ram gets a few of these in the post every month for his subtle references every episode...

kilkenny-tourist-discount-pass.jpg

logo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

youwould wrote: »
    I have a question about Me Daaa, Rennie and Nussie. Why can't they tell the authorities that Heather was poisoning Ellie? None of them knew for sure about it when Ellie was in hospital. If Heather genuinely is sick, then that would be taken into account and Ellie would surely be placed in either Rennie or Me Daaa's care. If/when Heather recovers, they would talk about Ellie going to live with her. I just don't get why they're all so worried that they would get in trouble for it. Surely Shane is the only one liable? :confused:

It's just like the time that Eoghan thought he was going to be charged with murder for Michael's death. It's completely ridiculous that Renee could think that Ellie would be taken into care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Was Charlie married to Ester? .. When Hayley took out the photo out of the drawer and asked who it was, Deco said "Ester Roche"

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Charlie married to Ester? .. When Hayley took out the photo out of the drawer and asked who it was, Deco said "Ester Roche"

I think they were married but she was known by her maiden name for her business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Charleygal wrote: »
    I honestly believe that Heather's ''breakdown'' is all an act which she staged out of desperation when she knew the truth about her poisoning Ellie was about to come out. She also knows what a gullible eejit Renee is, and that she'd cover for her all the more if she thought that her poor girl had lost her mind. She knew damn well what she was doing when she called Ama and asked her to visit; it was likely that she wanted to gloat once they were alone, and tell her that no one would ever believe her if she tried to out her for drugging Ellie. When she saw that Farrah was there it put something of a spanner in the works, hence her ''crazy meltdown.''

I would not put anything past Heather. She is certainly mentally ill and I don't doubt her fanatical and now delusional devotion to Floyd. That was always part of her. But she is also extremely devious and her mental illness is very much that of a sociopath. She was screeching like a cornered rabbit tonight and has everyone from the hospital staff to Ama and Farrah, Hughie and even Bob and of course Renee believing her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

So now Rachel Trump is going nationwide. She's in talks with Cork and Belfast. Hope she opens a Waterford branch soon, I could do with a break. :D

I never miss an episode, but I get so confused. I'm hoping FC boardsies can help.

Where and what is the Dolphin Pod? Is it a hostel, where you can on occasion get a breakfast roll?

Has Paul moved from the portacabin to a plush new office? If so, where is that office located?

Now that Caddle doesn't use her work mobile, or contact her cab drivers, do all the Carrigstown residents have to walk everywhere?

Please help me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

OK, I'm not a financial whizzkid like Rachel, and the Irish Financial Services Centre, where Rachel obviously has a multitude of contacts, is unknown territory to me.
    This offering a Dolphin Pod franchise to other hostels around the country is surely something that the Dragon's Den team would be interested in. I'm only surprised that Francis Brennan, with his puny little hotel down in Cork, didn't come up with the idea first. But then I suppose that's why Rachel is a top entrepreneurial businesswoman, while the rest of us don't know our ass from our elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

honeybear wrote: »
    Saw Mondo in Limerick Panto-wasn't bad actually

Ya I saw him in Greece in cork about 2 years ago, he was good, and saw Sean from fair city backing dancer for jedward.... Mondo is good in panto and musicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Charleygal wrote: »
    I honestly believe that Heather's ''breakdown'' is all an act which she staged out of desperation when she knew the truth about her poisoning Ellie was about to come out. She also knows what a gullible eejit Renee is, and that she'd cover for her all the more if she thought that her poor girl had lost her mind. She knew damn well what she was doing when she called Ama and asked her to visit; it was likely that she wanted to gloat once they were alone, and tell her that no one would ever believe her if she tried to out her for drugging Ellie. When she saw that Farrah was there it put something of a spanner in the works, hence her ''crazy meltdown.''

Your theory could be bang on the money. People with Munchausens have often been known to fake mental illness symptoms, so we could be watching an act by Heather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

What are they doing with poor Dermish ?!? He's now known as Derms, being all gullible giving mates rates to someone he barely knows.

I guess his scene in the Hungry Pig the other day where he looked all dishevelled and invited Ama over was to pave the way for him being a lonely character, who can't help getting caught up in the single lifestyle with a bunch of delinquent 20-somethings while his wife is away saving their sons life! What a way to continue to write Jo out of the script!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The Comet will be shining bright for the coming weeks methinks... they can't do another affair story so soon so it'll be interesting to see what happens

zoobizoo wrote: »
    The Comet will be shining bright for the coming weeks methinks... they can't do another affair story so soon so it'll be interesting to see what happens

Oh they can, believe me these writers can. In fact they will. There will be an affair kicking off by next week, i'd wager Bella's hip on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Pretzill wrote: »
    And has Dermie forgotten he has a wife and children, fawning over Hayley like a teenager - though in fairness we've forgotten he has a wife and children at this stage!

Dunno - if I had a wife like Jo and a child like Binjamin and a chance at Hayley I know I would.......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

coolhull wrote: »
    OK, I'm not a financial whizzkid like Rachel, and the Irish Financial Services Centre, where Rachel obviously has a multitude of contacts, is unknown territory to me.
    This offering a Dolphin Pod franchise to other hostels around the country is surely something that the Dragon's Den team would be interested in. I'm only surprised that Francis Brennan, with his puny little hotel down in Cork, didn't come up with the idea first. But then I suppose that's why Rachel is a top entrepreneurial businesswoman, while the rest of us don't know our ass from our elbow.

If I owned a hostel in Limerick and Rachel Brennan phoned me up asking if I wanted to buy a Dolphin Pod franchise, my first question would be 'what the bloody Hell is Dolphin Pod?' When she explains to me it's a hostel owned by her dad that's existed only a matter of months, one that she manages in a north Dublin suburb akin to Phibsboro, I'd politely decline and hang up.

The Dolphin Pod. It's hardly a McDonalds, Subway or Spar brand name is it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oh they can, believe me these writers can. In fact they will. There will be an affair kicking off by next week, i'd wager Bella's hip on it.

Affairs in soaps are so bloody boring. They've been done to death. Debbie is primed to have an affair sometime in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Coat22 wrote: »
    Dunno - if I had a wife like Jo and a child like Binjamin and a chance at Hayley I know I would.......

Could all posters please refrain from mentioning Jo and Binjamin just in case FC writers think they were popular!!

I really dont miss Jo's voice and brutal acting one bit

monkey9 wrote: »
    If I owned a hostel in Limerick and Rachel Brennan phoned me up asking if I wanted to buy a Dolphin Pod franchise, my first question would be 'what the bloody Hell is Dolphin Pod?' When she explains to me it's a hostel owned by her dad that's existed only a matter of months, one that she manages in a north Dublin suburb akin to Phibsboro, I'd politely decline and hang up.

The Dolphin Pod. It's hardly a McDonalds, Subway or Spar brand name is it!

See I think you're making the big assumption the FC writers know what a franchise actually is.

Got to say I loved seeing Don Brennan squaring up to Mace last night. I really was hoping he'd deck him. Mace's character has bugged me big time since he came into the show.

On another point - Is Adam not in Austrailia? Yet he seems to ring Mace when popping out of meetings in the middle of the day in Ireland! Are these mid night meetings in Oz?

And while I'm on a roll why does Adam keep calling Mace on his mobile? It costs $1.24 a minute to call an Irish mobile from Australia but only $0.66 to call a landline (sad but true I checked) so its no wonder he's €20k in the hole - most of his money must be going on telephone bills.

Because he works in the same office as her he has a chance at her? ?! You must be a great coworker!

Because he works in the same office as her he has a chance at her? ?! You must be a great coworker!

Eh....no...because whole subtext of the last 2 or 3 episodes has been that "Derms" thinks he's in with a chance there and thus carrying on like Millhouse in the Simpsons

You can call SIPTU back now and tell them to stand down - the evil co-worker / sex predator has been sent home for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

What the hell was that "Loan buddies" website that the Dragon opened belonging to Mace boy. It was clearly a word document that a 10 year old tried to design a early 90's site on. And while im on it any financial website never stays open after 20 seconds for security reasons. Pure FC bullpoop

• Advertisement

The Aussies would take one look at Mace and his slept in for 6 months clothes and put him straight back on a flight out of there.

"How are you going to support yourself during you're time in Australia?"
    "Well I have this app"
    "Thank you sir now if you'd kindly turn around and f*ck off right back to where your came from"
    "I can't - they think I'm in Galway and I'm not due back on set for another 3 months at least"
    "A set? So you're an actor?"
    Mace burst out laughing and turns around and leaves voluntarily

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it also said the loan repayment was 2480~ over 48months and someone said it was 2000% interest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Could all posters please refrain from mentioning Jo and Binjamin just in case FC writers think they were popular!!

I missed those episodes....... where did they go?

Funny I missed them too for some reason - seemingly they went "to America" to "Save Binjamin"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

As far as I can remember they discovered child had some blood disorder and they had to go to America for treatment..
    What happened to the girl they fostered?

Eh....no...because whole subtext of the last 2 or 3 episodes has been that "Derms" thinks he's in with a chance there and thus carrying on like Millhouse in the Simpsons

You can call SIPTU back now and tell them to stand down - the evil co-worker / sex predator has been sent home for the day

Ah, I've missed it since Sunday. Missed as in the verb, not the emotion!

Ah, I've missed it since Sunday. Missed as in the verb, not the emotion!

Believe me - you've missed nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm no 'techie'( as they say in fair city) genius but do people really need 20,000 to be invested in apps? Pearce had either developed it or he hasn't right? Or is this an 'idea for an app' (plentiful over in the boards development forum)
    And is the damn pitch really that important?? It's either a good useful app or it isnt?

What the hell was that "Loan buddies" website that the Dragon opened belonging to Mace boy. It was clearly a word document that a 10 year old tried to design a early 90's site on. And while im on it any financial website never stays open after 20 seconds for security reasons. Pure FC bullpoop

And you would also imagine that a website /app designer would have the cop-on to have a computer account of his own, or at least set his laptop to sleep/hibernate when the lid is closed.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    If I owned a hostel in Limerick and Rachel Brennan phoned me up asking if I wanted to buy a Dolphin Pod franchise, my first question would be 'what the bloody Hell is Dolphin Pod?'
    /quote]

And next I would ask her how my hostel would benefit from being a part of her franchise. Like, how would Bob manage to get a few breakfast rolls from Carringstown to, say, Limerick, every morning.
    And what use would a franchised hostel be if it only attracts a few neighbours?
    And could I really make a success of it if I spend all my time flitting between the chip shop and the pub, while simultaneously working in my da's office and spying on my boyfriend's computer activities?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement