Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

coolhull wrote: »
    If I owned a hostel in Limerick and Rachel Brennan phoned me up asking if I wanted to buy a Dolphin Pod franchise, my first question would be 'what the bloody Hell is Dolphin Pod?'
    /quote]

And next I would ask her how my hostel would benefit from being a part of her franchise. Like, how would Bob manage to get a few breakfast rolls from Carringstown to, say, Limerick, every morning.
    And what use would a franchised hostel be if it only attracts a few neighbours?
    And could I really make a success of it if I spend all my time flitting between the chip shop and the pub, while simultaneously working in my da's office and spying on my boyfriend's computer activities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Coat22 wrote: »

ah *fck this - at least half the time I submit something on boards it wipes it :mad::mad::mad:

Sort it out Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

ah *fck this - at least half the time I submit something on boards it wipes it :mad::mad::mad:

Sort it out Boards

You sound like a FC scriptwriter 'at least half the time I write a decent storyline someone f*cks it up!!'

Kinda. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Martina Stanley who plays Delores is so far past her sell by date at this stage she would kill you if you looked at her. Really sad to see characters who were right in the thick of it with major meaty storylines and acting alongside classic characters back in the day reduced to nothing more than laughable background fodder linking Pete and taking evening walks.

Martina cannot call herself an actress because an actress does more than ONE role and she seems content to rot in that soap until shes 65 instead of getting out there and trying different roles. Same goes for Paul and Niamh as well and from all accounts, the egos on those two are massive, which isn't surprising as its well known the less famous you are the more deluded and nasty you can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Martina cannot call herself an actress because an actress does more than ONE role and she seems content to rot in that soap until shes 65 instead of getting out there and trying different roles. Same goes for Paul and Niamh as well and from all accounts, the egos on those two are massive, which isn't surprising as its well known the less famous you are the more deluded and nasty you can be.

I'm hardly famous at all and I'm not the worst :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Pity Heather didn't kill Ellie

Most annoying child in TV history, with Benjamin in close second

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

No receipt from the CC machine and Dermot didn't ask for one. Tut tut tut..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Whoever wrote the character of Ellie clearly doesn't deal with children.

11?!?.....she's more like a 4 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Martina Stanley who plays Delores is so far past her sell by date at this stage she would kill you if you looked at her. Really sad to see characters who were right in the thick of it with major meaty storylines and acting alongside classic characters back in the day reduced to nothing more than laughable background fodder linking Pete and taking evening walks.

Bit unfair tbh. Martina is a trained stage actress and seemingly was in several productions in the Abbey and other theatres prior to FC. I don't mind Dolores, she adds more to the plot than Bela anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

say what???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Dermie is treating his 'high class ' clients to the pod? Where da fug does he send his 'average ' ones? A bus shelter?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

Is Ellie seriously meant to be eleven?? For God's sake, she's acting like a four year old! Now, if FC was set fifty or sixty years ago, the babyish act just might fly, but eleven year olds nowadays would make nests in the ears of their parents, grandparents, etc! That whole ''my mummy doesn't want me anymore'' business was laughable. If my mother had been drugging my sandwichs and acting the loon in general when I was eleven, I wouldn't want her anywhere near me, and I sure as hell wouldn't be wondering why I couldn't see her in the mental hospital. (I doubt Ellie knows what a mental hospital is) And if anyone tried to act as patronising as Renee has been and treated me like a baby, I think I'd have clobbered them one!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Maybe it's wrong, but I'm beginning to wish that Heather had used stronger tablets in Ellie's sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Ciara O'Callaghan was in Doctors on BBC 1 this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Does Pierce not have a home, every scene he is either in the station, the pod, Vinos or the hungry whatever it's called???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

youwould wrote: »
    Bit unfair tbh. Martina is a trained stage actress and seemingly was in several productions in the Abbey and other theatres prior to FC. I don't mind Dolores, she adds more to the plot than Bela anyway!

Dolores has had major storylines in recent years so she is and remains relevant. Your mention of Bela gets me thinking ... when was there a storyline involving him as the main character last??? Leo is another character who once was in the thick of things that is now relegated very much to the background.

How many people remember:

Una Norris, Avi Bar Lev, Felix ?, Ali Foley, Robert Daly, Morgan ?, Geraldine Fahey, Robin McKenna, Duncan Stonehouse, Chloe ?, Cleo Collins, and Eunice Dunstan Phelan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

bazermc wrote: »
    Does Pierce not have a home, every scene he is either in the station, the pod, Vinos or the hungry whatever it's called???

Seemingly he doesn't have much in the way of clothes either. He always seems to be wearing that back leather jacket and same trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Seemingly he doesn't have much in the way of clothes either. He always seems to be wearing that back leather jacket and same trousers.

I always took it that Pierce lives in Dolphin Pod?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Never thought i would have sympathy for Damo but working with a cranky oul codger like Pete would wreck anyone's head.

Although still not as bad as having Bella laying down the law to Dean and thinking he actually knows anything when he hobbles in.

And who forgets their credit card 30 seconds after handing it to someone to pay a bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

branie2 wrote: »
    Ciara O'Callaghan was in Doctors on BBC 1 this afternoon

And playing a white witch who they suspected of Munchausan's -

Surely it should be Dermots clients that would be facilitating him??

I have never heard of an accountant putting a client up in bed and breakfast. It makes no sense. It is Dermot providing the service to them. I have heard of companies or individuals who have accountants the latter who often have to travel to meet with the client in another part of the country to do their accounts.
    In that case the company/individual MAY organise accomodation. Surely, if these clients are "top class" or however he classified them, they would be wealthy enough not to expect him to put them up in a smelly bagpacker hostel. I dont quite get the arrangement. How did he manage to accomodate them before Carrigstown became a cultural hotspot of hotels and hostels. Also where the f are these clients coming from. It takes a few hours to get around this country so why do they need to stay in a bagpacker hostel ?

Which leads to the question, apart from the fact he is simple enough to pay their travel expenses so HE can do work for THEM, what is so attractive about a pint sized man who rents a space at a little Ikea table with three other businesses in a small little northside office that they are willing to travel from afar to avail of his services?

oh and I just recalled Dermots Chilean secretary Martha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

How many people remember:

Una Norris, Avi Bar Lev, Felix ?, Ali Foley, Robert Daly, Morgan ?, Geraldine Fahey, Robin McKenna, Duncan Stonehouse, Chloe ?, Cleo Collins, and Eunice Dunstan Phelan?

Una Norris: Hairdresser that went out with Keith for ages (even thought he treated her like crap). Also Turlough's sister.
    Avi Bar Lev: no idea
    Felix: I think he was the social services guy who lived in the house where Ama and Sean live now.
    Ali Foley: married to Carol's son Lorcan, niece of Billy Meehan's goon Mick.
    Robert Daly: Physio and first cousin of Brendan the doctor (Heather's ex, Ellie's father). Used to date Sash and Cleo.
    Morgan: I think Suzanne went out with a guy called Morgan.
    Geraldine Fahey: Dermish's ex-sister-in-law. Also dated Mike Gleeson after he split from Yvonne.
    Robin McKenna: female mechanic who was married to Jimmy Doyle. Well suited couple as the both of them wrecked my bloody head!
    Duncan Stonehouse: Annoying reporter for the Northside Post. Creepy manner about him.
    Chloe: can't remember
    Cleo Collins: Robbed Dolores a couple of times and Dolores let her stay in her house for some unknown reason afterwards. Became a 'chef' in the Hungry Pig.
    Eunice Dunstan Phelan: Christy & Hughie's mother. Busybody who owned the shop before it became Spar.

Throw a few more at me!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I remember Paddy Clarke, Anne Clarke and Noel and Kay McCoy from the early days of FC but most of the ones in the post above I can't remember at all apart from Eunice and Una.

Who could forget Billy Meehan though and Det Sgt Byrne!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

bazermc wrote: »

I thought him and Rachel live in the pod...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Ok, another vent.

I'd assumed when Nanny Gullible decided to write a letter to Ellie from 'Hedder', she would type it, tell Ellie that mommy had hurt her handwriting hand.

If Dermish considers the 'Pod' classy enough to host a major client, does that mean the Ballintine is classed as a 5* hotel? It must be due to Bob's tinfoil wrapped gourmet burgers, carried in the boot of his car.

When will Jackie notice that her son/chef has been missing for six months?

Why did Pete sound posh? Is he taking Charlie's posh pills?

Nussy had a text from Dr. Hiya tonight, agreeing Nussy should manage the practice. Why didn't Nussy tell Tommy and Caoimhe? Considering Dr. Hiya/Judy left almost two years ago? for a few months, I'm surprised Interpol haven't been on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

FC went a bit berserk on the company / business storylines tonight. Hayley touting for business for Comet, various scenes about Rachel, Paul and the Pod, Damien working for two different people and in two different places and Pierce doing deals with Emmett and over the phone. Ellie was the only non business storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Surely it should be Dermots clients that would be facilitating him??

I have never heard of an accountant putting a client up in bed and breakfast. It makes no sense. It is Dermot providing the service to them. I have heard of companies or individuals who have accountants the latter who often have to travel to meet with the client in another part of the country to do their accounts.
    In that case the company/individual MAY organise accomodation. Surely, if these clients are "top class" or however he classified them, they would be wealthy enough not to expect him to put them up in a smelly bagpacker hostel. I dont quite get the arrangement. How did he manage to accomodate them before Carrigstown became a cultural hotspot of hotels and hostels. Also where the f are these clients coming from. It takes a few hours to get around this country so why do they need to stay in a bagpacker hostel ?

Which leads to the question, apart from the fact he is simple enough to pay their travel expenses so HE can do work for THEM, what is so attractive about a pint sized man who rents a space at a little Ikea table with three other businesses in a small little northside office that they are willing to travel from afar to avail of his services?

I can't believe he'd put them up in a hostel either, that's crazy!

However it's quite common for companies to 'entertain' clients, anything from long lunches to accommodation.

• Advertisement

I can't believe he'd put them up in a hostel either, that's crazy!

However it's quite common for companies to 'entertain' clients, anything from long lunches to accommodation.

Dermot isn't a company. He's a small self employed practitioner. He doesn't even have his own office nor a secretary. Just a little corner at a table. Be realistic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement