Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Be realistic.

We're talking Fair City here. And you think Flippyfloppy is the one who needs to be realistic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

youwould wrote: »
    Una Norris: Hairdresser that went out with Keith for ages (even thought he treated her like crap). Also Turlough's sister.
    Avi Bar Lev: no idea
    Felix: I think he was the social services guy who lived in the house where Ama and Sean live now.
    Ali Foley: married to Carol's son Lorcan, niece of Billy Meehan's goon Mick.
    Robert Daly: Physio and first cousin of Brendan the doctor (Heather's ex, Ellie's father). Used to date Sash and Cleo.
    Morgan: I think Suzanne went out with a guy called Morgan.
    Geraldine Fahey: Dermish's ex-sister-in-law. Also dated Mike Gleeson after he split from Yvonne.
    Robin McKenna: female mechanic who was married to Jimmy Doyle. Well suited couple as the both of them wrecked my bloody head!
    Duncan Stonehouse: Annoying reporter for the Northside Post. Creepy manner about him.
    Chloe: can't remember
    Cleo Collins: Robbed Dolores a couple of times and Dolores let her stay in her house for some unknown reason afterwards. Became a 'chef' in the Hungry Pig.
    Eunice Dunstan Phelan: Christy & Hughie's mother. Busybody who owned the shop before it became Spar.

Throw a few more at me!

Avi Bar Lev was an Israeli tradesman who worked with Pete for a short time. Chloe was the lead singer with girl group Supernova. Morgan was with Suzanne for a time, got involved in crime and hung himself in prison. Rest all correct. Try these:

Connie ?
    Pete Flanagan
    Avril Winter
    Adam Bermingham
    Ingrid ? (married name is a hint: Gleeson)
    Ursula Cruise
    Dominic Kavanagh
    Gabriel Udenze
    Martha Udenze
    Nina Udenze
    Sergei ?
    Emma Mannion

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Una Norris: Hairdresser that went out with Keith for ages (even thought he treated her like crap). Also Turlough's sister.
    Avi Bar Lev: no idea
    Felix: I think he was the social services guy who lived in the house where Ama and Sean live now.
    Ali Foley: married to Carol's son Lorcan, niece of Billy Meehan's goon Mick.
    Robert Daly: Physio and first cousin of Brendan the doctor (Heather's ex, Ellie's father). Used to date Sash and Cleo.
    Morgan: I think Suzanne went out with a guy called Morgan.
    Geraldine Fahey: Dermish's ex-sister-in-law. Also dated Mike Gleeson after he split from Yvonne.
    Robin McKenna: female mechanic who was married to Jimmy Doyle. Well suited couple as the both of them wrecked my bloody head!
    Duncan Stonehouse: Annoying reporter for the Northside Post. Creepy manner about him.
    Chloe: can't remember
    Cleo Collins: Robbed Dolores a couple of times and Dolores let her stay in her house for some unknown reason afterwards. Became a 'chef' in the Hungry Pig.
    Eunice Dunstan Phelan: Christy & Hughie's mother. Busybody who owned the shop before it became Spar.

Throw a few more at me!

Tim the taxi driver and his Russian girlfriend Olga. Strangely, the two of them were written out with no explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Avi Bar Lev was an Israeli tradesman who worked with Pete for a short time. Chloe was the lead singer with girl group Supernova. Morgan was with Suzanne for a time, got involved in crime and hung himself in prison. Rest all correct. Try these:

Connie ?
    Pete Flanagan
    Avril Winter
    Adam Bermingham
    Ursula Cruise
    Dominic Kavanagh
    Gabriel Udenze
    Martha Udenze
    Nina Udenze
    Sergei ?
    Emma Mannion

Ingrid Gleeson was Louis' ex wife, played by Vivienne Connolly... much friction with Bob if I remember correctly?
    Dominic Kavanagh was married to the former prostitute Tracey; he was Nordie and had a hateful daughter Kylie who he physically abused. He died off screen I think.
    Ursula Cruise was an older lady who had a baby adopted when she was very young, a son who she eventually reconnected with and moved abroad with. She was close with Dolores if I remember correctly!
    The Udenzes were an African family... didn't the father, Gabriel, die in a house fire started by Suzanne or her sister's racist boyfriend (Morgan?) in an arson attack?
    Emma Mannion was Seamus Mannion (politician?)'s teenage daughter, although this wasn't clear in the beginning... he was seeing Orla at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Can't believe nobody mentioned Johnny One! Leather jacket, bike, lodged in Lilly's I think. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

sudzs wrote: »
    Can't believe nobody mentioned Johnny One! Leather jacket, bike, lodged in Lilly's I think. :D

A similar character to Doug in fact : looked and sounded like him and had some of the same mannerisms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Dermot isn't a company. He's a small self employed practitioner. He doesn't even have his own office nor a secretary. Just a little corner at a table. Be realistic.

Oh whatever, companies, businessmen whatever, of course people entertain clients!! How have you never heard of it?

Fyi I'm not the one writing the scripts, I'm just pointing out that in fact yes that's not out of the ordinary. Because you're nit picking now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oh whatever, companies, businessmen whatever, of course people entertain clients!! How have you never heard of it?

Fyi I'm not the one writing the scripts, I'm just pointing out that in fact yes that's not out of the ordinary. Because you're nit picking now ;)

I understand very much how business etiquette works but Dermot is a smalltime accountant working in a rented cramped office with three other enterprises. He isnt KPMG. He is in the middle of his busiest period of the year as an accountant. And this thread is for nit picking so I'll nit pick if I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

Connie ?
    Pete Flanagan
    Avril Winter
    Adam Bermingham
    Ursula Cruise
    Dominic Kavanagh
    Gabriel Udenze
    Martha Udenze
    Nina Udenze
    Sergei ?
    Emma Mannion

Got some help from my mum with these.
    Connie - no idea.
    Pete Flanagan - haven't got a clue.
    Did Avril run the community centre when it was a health spa called the Haven?
    Adam Bermingham was Doug and Mark's mate whose mother Maureen (?) was a taxi driver. She had a relationship with Pete.
    Ingrid was Louis Gleeson's ex wife. He had an affair with her while he was with Carol, then left to go back to the States with her when he failed to abduct Jack whom he planned on taking with them.
    Ursula was an elderly friend of Dolores's who had an affair with a priest in her youth and as a result had a son whom she had to give up. Ursula and her son (a teacher, I think) were later reunited.
    Dominic Kavanagh... Was he the guy who was in a relationship with Frances, the former nun?? Or was he the solicitor who was the real father of TJ?? Name is familiar but can't quite place him.
    The Udenzes were a Nigerian family who were befriended by Bela. They suffered from a lot of racist abuse. There was some storyline involving a fire, I think (?) That Morgan guy who was going out with Suzanne was somehow involved.
    Sergei was Lana's (Leo's murdered Russian wife) brother. He was a taxi driver in Moscow (that's how Leo first met him and through him he met Lana) He moved to Carrigstown and had a bit of a thing with Mags Kelly (Charlie's first wife). I have a very vague memory of them dueting together at some local amateur concert or something.
    Emma Mannion was Seamus Mannion's daughter. He was a politician of some sort and sat on the school board. I think Emma bought some illegal drugs off the internet to help her stay awake so as that she could study more for her leaving cert and ended up in hospital as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Connie was yvonne doyles partner wasn't she.
    Was pete the lad that helped suzannes racist bf start a fire or something? Or attack the younger doyles bf of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

Connie was yvonne doyles partner wasn't she.
    Was pete the lad that helped suzannes racist be start a fire or something? Or attack the younger doyles be of the time.

My mum just remembered Connie. We racked our brains for ages and I had already posted when she said, ''wasn't that Connie one Yvonne's girlfriend who had the sick father in Australia?''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Charleygal wrote: »
    My mum just remembered Connie. We racked our brains for ages and I had already posted when she said, ''wasn't that Connie one Yvonne's girlfriend who had the sick father in Australia?''

Ha that's gas. Poor connie I can't even remember her exit.

I understand very much how business etiquette works but Dermot is a smalltime accountant working in a rented cramped office with three other enterprises. He isnt KPMG. He is in the middle of his busiest period of the year as an accountant. And this thread is for nit picking so I'll nit pick if I like!

Stay calm talking bread :p

Stay calm talking bread :p

?

god, Pierce's autocue reading voice is giving Heather's strained voice a run for its money.

Anyone know what is Ellie's favourite drink?

spilled-pill-bottle-29478484.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think its unfair that its Dermot that the writers decided that Pierce is going to steal from. Dermot has already been involved in stories about financial hardship, its not fair for his character to go through this again especially when he's looking after Zoe alone and his wife and son in America. Why couldn't they have him steal off some random guest instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Bit unfair tbh. Martina is a trained stage actress and seemingly was in several productions in the Abbey and other theatres prior to FC. I don't mind Dolores, she adds more to the plot than Bela anyway!

But she seems content to end her acting career walking past Spar linking Pete every 6 weeks and having zero interesting storylines. Bit of an awful epitath for someone who had a good presence early on in the show. She doesn't work with no Harry anyway!

As for lastnight, I fear the Heather story is now going to quietly go away and the next we hear of her is her coming back to collect Ellie and start a new life in London. Shame.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think its unfair that its Dermot that the writers decided that Pierce is going to steal from. Dermot has already been involved in stories about financial hardship, its not fair for his character to go through this again especially when he's looking after Zoe alone and his wife and son in America. Why couldn't they have him steal off some random guest instead.

im organising a novena for the fictional character this week.........

But she seems content to end her acting career walking past Spar linking Pete every 6 weeks and having zero interesting storylines. Bit of an awful epitath for someone who had a good presence early on in the show. She doesn't work with no Harry anyway!

As for lastnight, I fear the Heather story is now going to quietly go away and the next we hear of her is her coming back to collect Ellie and start a new life in London. Shame.

Well she just had a big cancer storyline? But I totally agree it was NOT interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Ever notice how labored Damien's walking is? He always drags his feet along the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ever notice how labored Damien's walking is? He always drags his feet along the ground.

Is this storyline about Pete being a bully towards Damien? I have to sometimes ask what the point of a story is in FC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Someone please tell me how do ye all remember the old characters as I never heard of any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭threetrees

I think the story about Dermot's clients staying at the Pod was a pathetic excuse for Pierse to get Dermot's credit card details. They could've found a better story!

Poor gullible Mondo, Hayley's Comet is going to wipe the floor with him.

Someone please tell me how do ye all remember the old characters as I never heard of any of them.

I blame PTFCD (post traumatic fair city disorder ) for me, others have other reasons no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Natalie and hughie making the pizzas back in the day. Think Wayne worked there too. What was the name of the pizzeria?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

squadro wrote: »
    Natalie and hughie making the pizzas back in the day. Think Wayne worked there too. What was the name of the pizzeria?

Pizza Action. Remember Rainbows, Suzannes coffee shop and that shop that Bella had for a while with hardly any stock in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

katkin wrote: »
    Pizza Action. Remember Rainbows, Suzannes coffee shop and that shop that Bella had for a while with hardly any stock in it

Vaguely remember that, was it kind of like a sports shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Yeah, dodgy replica football shirts and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

dee_mc wrote:
    Vaguely remember that, was it kind of like a sports shop?

Bella's bazaar!! Shocked that they didn't turn that into a franchise as well!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement