Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Bella is turning into the Emily Bishop of FC, he has no reason to be there now.. It may be cheaper for RTE to keep him there than to give him his P45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

squadro wrote: »
    Natalie and hughie making the pizzas back in the day. Think Wayne worked there too. What was the name of the pizzeria?

I remember that. There was also a blonde guy working there. Gary?

Didn't Bella have a daughter with Linda? I think Alice, their daughter died as the result of a heart condition.

I moved to London around that time, went years without seeing FC. As soon as I returned to Ireland, I was back in the FC Twilight Zone. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,833 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Bella is turning into the Emily Bishop of FC, he has no reason to be there now.. It may be cheaper for RTE to keep him there than to give him his P45.

And much younger than her I might add (she's 84), which makes his current semi retired position on the show rather peculiar.

Strazdas wrote: »
    And much younger than her I might add (she's 84), which makes his current semi retired position on the show rather peculiar.

I think they put Emily out to pasture about 20 years ago, no real storylines for her, Bella is going the same way..... Will they still have him sitting in one of the public houses 20 years from now?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Avi Bar Lev was an Israeli tradesman who worked with Pete for a short time. Chloe was the lead singer with girl group Supernova. Morgan was with Suzanne for a time, got involved in crime and hung himself in prison. Rest all correct. Try these:

Connie ?
    Pete Flanagan
    Avril Winter
    Adam Bermingham
    Ingrid ? (married name is a hint: Gleeson)
    Ursula Cruise
    Dominic Kavanagh
    Gabriel Udenze
    Martha Udenze
    Nina Udenze
    Sergei ?
    Emma Mannion

I remember all except Avril Winter! Everyone has already answered with the others so I won't repeat them. How do you remember their full names?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

All this name remembering will be me with fc in years time as I am one of the younger viewers.

All this name remembering will be me with fc in years time as I am one of the younger viewers.

There's no hope for us oldies, X6., but you can still escape. Run Forrest, Run. :D

There's no hope for us oldies, X6., but you can still escape. Run Forrest, Run.

It's too late, hooked on fc now.

I think they put Emily out to pasture about 20 years ago, no real storylines for her, Bella is going the same way..... Will they still have him sitting in one of the public houses 20 years from now?

It must be several years since he had a storyline? It's all rather odd as both Charlie and Cass have had storylines in recent times. I wonder if there is some problem between Bela and the producers as he just seems to be treading water and not serving any purpose.

It must be several years since he had a storyline? It's all rather odd as both Charlie and Cass have had storylines in recent times. I wonder if there is some problem between Bela and the producers as he just seems to be treading water and not serving any purpose.

Charlie and Caz do get pointless story lines, Caz and Charolette selling veg!? It's not an instant cash earner and I don't get how Charolette would be interested in the venture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Do ye remember Frank the painter? At least I think that was his name. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

was frank the painter the sound guy who was a bit of a ladies man? Get him mixed up with sylvester garrigan ??? The lady batterer?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

twirlagig wrote:
    Do ye remember Frank the painter? At least I think that was his name.

Yes he was Damien's boss and he had an affair with Dolouras, I think he was the father of baby Jessica

twirlagig wrote: »
    Do ye remember Frank the painter? At least I think that was his name. :)

Yeah, I remember Frank. Does anyone remember the extra who walked by the pub? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

squadro wrote: »
    was frank the painter the sound guy who was a bit of a ladies man? Get him mixed up with sylvester garrigan ??? The lady batterer?

I think he's the one that had the affair with Delores and was the real father of Jessica.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think he's the one that had the affair with Delores and was the real father of Jessica.

Really? .. Did Delores have an affair while married?

Ya when she was married to Harry, he was called Frank. She ended up pregnant and had Jessica, Harry knew a swell and he and Delores stayed together and raised Jessica together till Jessica died after taking the e tablet, that was actually a. Brilliant storyline, I loved the character Harry....

Yeah, I remember Frank. Does anyone remember the extra who walked by the pub? ;)

I do! He had shoulder length dark brown hair, was wearing a purple leather jacket with jeans, he was listening to a walkman and had a Kylie Minogue LP tucked under his arm. :D

We're all getting so carried away with the old FC, great fun, but I'm sure the mods will soon be on to tell us it's 2016...time to move on!

Perhaps we should start a 'Things you remember about Fair City Thread'. :)

Ya when she was married to Harry, he was called Frank. She ended up pregnant and had Jessica, Harry knew a swell and he and Delores stayed together and raised Jessica together till Jessica died after taking the e tablet, that was actually a. Brilliant storyline, I loved the character Harry....

I liked Harry as well, FC got rid of him when he dared ask for a pay rise..... I used to see him when he was still in FC, he'd get on the 46a bus after work, someone on the bus said to him .... "she must have really cleaned you out, you're having to get the bus" this is when the storyline when Delores was on a spending spree, she was spending all their money on ****.

I do! He had shoulder length dark brown hair, was wearing a purple leather jacket with jeans, he was listening to a walkman and had a Kylie Minogue LP tucked under his arm. :D

We're all getting so carried away with the old FC, great fun, but I'm sure the mods will soon be on to tell us it's 2016...time to move on!

Perhaps we should start a 'Things you remember about Fair City Thread'. :)

Heehee.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Dolphin Pod been upgraded from hostel, why is legal interns and big accounting clients staying there :confused: Dermot could have booked the hotel for his big hot shot new clients

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It all really went down hill for Dolores when Lorraine married Jimmy Doyle and Lorraine died on her honeymoon because of a hurricane. (Childhood fair city memories)

Dolores was involved with a Catholic priest as well, I think this was a lot more recent.

Dolores was involved with a Catholic priest as well, I think this was a lot more recent.

Yeah, I remember that, Ah sure weren't they all (the priests) up to no good. ;)

Around what year was all of this happening???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭threetrees

Fr Thaddeus, he was an actor from The Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

threetrees wrote: »
    Fr Thaddeus, he was an actor from The Bill.

That whole affair was cringeworthy! And then she went into the church (if my memories serve me correctly) and started calling him a hypocrite and the likes. Lol At the time of the affair she was often to be seen wearing a crochet cardie with brown buttons. Lol

BTW, talking of FC characters past, my mum, who has watched it from the beginning said that there was a family there, the Bowens, when first it started. The mother was a doctor and she had a son (she can't remember his name) and a teenage daughter called Claire. Claire was a bit of a wild child and she started to fancy this - according to Mum - incredibly handsome barman who was working in McCoy's. My mum said he was easily the best looking male character ever to come into FC and that he was played by an actor with an Irish name; Padraig O'Loinsigh or something like that?? I was always crap at Irish, so I've probably got the spelling of the surname wrong. Now, I've been searching Google for this alleged specimen of handsomeness but can't find him anywhere. Just wondering if anyone who has been watching from the start can remember him and if he was as hot as my mum says. And if so, where is he now?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

I think it was a retaliation affair because she found out that Harry had been cheating on her with her friend Shelly.

I liked Harry as well, FC got rid of him when he dared ask for a pay rise..... I used to see him when he was still in FC, he'd get on the 46a bus after work, someone on the bus said to him .... "she must have really cleaned you out, you're having to get the bus" this is when the storyline when Delores was on a spending spree, she was spending all their money on ****.

Haha reLly,I actually thought the actor left because he wasn't happy with the storyline of Harry killing the guy who was the boyfriend of the girl who was babysitting Jessica when he left an e tablet on the floor...,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I don't know how you guys remember what was happening in FC years ago. Jeez, I usually can't remember what happened in the last episode (and often I try my best to forget)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement