Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

fin12 wrote: »
    Haha reLly,I actually thought the actor left because he wasn't happy with the storyline of Harry killing the guy who was the boyfriend of the girl who was babysitting Jessica when he left an e tablet on the floor...,
    Yeah, wasn't he the second cousin of the girl who later became the illegitimate aunt of the child of her sister-in-law's granny? Remember, the postman's uncle had an affair with his housekeeper's meter reader? Surely you must remember that?

Jaysis, you people are killing me here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

coolhull wrote: »
    I don't know how you guys remember what was happening in FC years ago. Jeez, I usually can't remember what happened in the last episode (and often I try my best to forget)

Because it's such a. Brilliant show haha, honestly I do think it is a very good soap, my dream is to be an extra, hope it will happen one day....

Yeah, wasn't he the second cousin of the girl who later became the illegitimate aunt of the child of her sister-in-law's granny? Remember, the postman's uncle had an affair with his housekeeper's meter reader? Surely you must remember that?

Jaysis, you people are killing me here!

No don't remember that at all, dont remember any postman in fair city.... I'm the same age as fair city

No don't remember that at all, dont remember any postman in fair city....

Ah Jaysis fin, I was only kidding you! Trying to pretend I knew as much about it as you guys.....

Ah Jaysis fin, I was only kidding you! Trying to pretend I knew as much about it as you guys.....

Haha ya the first sentence about the granny is crazy, how'd u come up with that, when I read that I was like I'm not even going to try and understand that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Anyone remember the storyline when Lorraine, Dolores's daughter was going out with a psycho doctor guy, that was a great story, nearly up there with Lucy! Fair City do very good psycho stories. And when Barry O'Hanlon killed Sarah, didnt he get Decco to help him dispose of her body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

katkin wrote: »
    Anyone remember the storyline when Lorraine, Dolores's daughter was going out with a psycho doctor guy, that was a great story, nearly up there with Lucy! Fair City do very good psycho stories. And when Barry O'Hanlon killed Sarah, didnt he get Decco to help him dispose of her body.

The Barry / Sarah thing was a typically ridiculous soap killing though. Accidentally knocked her over in his house and then made no attempt to revive her or call an ambulance, instead burying her body in the mountains (as you do) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

No more talking about the past because I will end up watching the last 25 years of it, every single episode.

No more talking about the past because I will end up watching the last 25 years of it, every single episode.

U should get their celebration DVD I got the one for 20 year anniversary....its just clips not episodes with actors interviews, nice looking back though.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Dolores was involved with a Catholic priest as well, I think this was a lot more recent.

I thought it was Kay that got involved with the priest... Didn't she marry him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I thought it was Kay that got involved with the priest... Didn't she marry him?

Ah Kay and Malachy! Yes Malachy was a priest too, but believe it or not Fair City went down that storyline route twice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

katkin wrote: »

Yeah the Denzo (Decos brother) and Barry story was good. Full of potholes but the interaction of the two characters and their mutual desperation was good acting

Pascal was a good character. Liked his interaction with Carol's son, Lorca. Hard to believe the actor that played him is ten years dead

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Pascal was a good character. Liked his interaction with Carol's son, Lorca. Hard to believe the actor that played him is ten years dead

Oh I loved Pascal. He was a great addition to mccoys. I didn't realise he was dead so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Strazdas wrote: »
    The Barry / Sarah thing was a typically ridiculous soap killing though. Accidentally knocked her over in his house and then made no attempt to revive her or call an ambulance, instead burying her body in the mountains (as you do) :rolleyes:

Barry was one of my favourites they could always bring him back he left on a bus as far as i can remember.
    They have to go to Kilkenny Tommy's always banging on about it:)

Barry was one of my favourites they could always bring him back he left on a bus as far as i can remember.

Maybe this bus.....

prison-bus.jpg

Barry's in jail.

honestly I do think it is a very good soap, my dream is to be an extra, hope it will happen one day....

What? Your dream is to be an extra in FC? You want to be one of those people who stand like eejits, staring in total confusion at the Club Orange shelf in Spar? Or a 'guest' in the Pod, who has to share a room with business experts and skinheads?
    That's as far as your ambition goes?
    Ah, fin, you're setting the bar way too low for yourself!

http://www.movieextras.ie/contact.html

Call me the dream maker. Its hardly climbing Everest in terms of fulfilling this particular dream. An email will get you standing staring at the minerals for twenty minutes, drinking an empty coffee cup in Vinos or circling the smallest park in Ireland for an hour whilst an affair, drug deal, baby swap or murder is carried out on the bench unbeknownst to the walkers by.

make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭threetrees

I used to love the way the Bishops referred to Barry as Slappy O'Hanlon. It's so typical of grown adults to still refer to their teachers from yesteryear with nicknames. I still do!

Remember Fiona Piggot? I think the Piggots were doing a deal with Paul, probably Blue Dolphin. Paul had an affair with Fiona, the actor playing Fiona was pregnant but she didn't attempt to cover the bump, it must have been before FC discovered large handbags! There was some complication with either Fiona's Dad or elderly husband, I can't quite remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Because it's such a. Brilliant show haha, honestly I do think it is a very good soap, my dream is to be an extra, hope it will happen one day....
    If that happens, you'll have to tell us, then we can slag your acting abilities on here. :D

• Advertisement

Ya I loved Barry as well, my favourite is Leo though, he's a legend..... They hardly give him any stories anymore either.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What? Your dream is to be an extra in FC? You want to be one of those people who stand like eejits, staring in total confusion at the Club Orange shelf in Spar? Or a 'guest' in the Pod, who has to share a room with business experts and skinheads?
    That's as far as your ambition goes?
    Ah, fin, you're setting the bar way too low for yourself!

I want to have a pint in mccoys or be sitting in Venos, I think it would be cool and hopefully I'd get to meet some of the actors...... Actually staring at the drinks isle would be pretty funny....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I want to have a pint in mccoys or be sitting in Venos, I think it would be cool and hopefully I'd get to meet some of the actors...... Actually staring at the drinks isle would be pretty funny....:)

You could stare at the drinks then wander over to the Pringles shelf. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

You could stare at the drinks then wander over to the Pringles shelf. :)

Then pick up a few bits and leave without paying

Rules for FC extras...

If you're going to McCoys or the Michelin-starred Hungry Pig, remember you have to bring your own empty coffee cup with you.

If a fight breaks out between the main characters, you must never react like a normal human being. Just glance over, show no interest whatsoever, then roll your eyes and go back to sipping from your empty cup.

If by some chance the script requires you to ask for something from one of the characters, you will have to remain standing with a gormless look on your face while said character deals with every other cast member first.

In the Spar aisle, you must carefully study all the drinks/juices on offer, then, unable to decide, wander aimlessly to the Pringles display, then back again to the soft drinks aisle. Please do not allow your body to block the camera's view of certain of our sponsored products You may take as long as possible to find the item you are looking for, and if perchance you can't find it, it is always better to leave empty-handed rather buy a product that is not made by any of our Sponsors.

Regardless of how serious is the car accident that occurs on Carrigstown Main Street, you must never offer to help. The task of saving lives must always be left to the main characters, regardless of age, who are specially trained in this vital area of work.

It is advised that you spend some time in Kilkenny between episodes, so that when Mr. Dillon speaks highly of the county, you can nod knowingly and wisely.

Remember that Aldi, Lidl, Tesco, etc.are not sponsors of the show, and you must never, ever be seen with a shopping bag bearing the logos the name of these stores.

Finally, we graciously ask that when you finish work and go home, that you consider sitting sitting down with your spouse/partner and consider the merits of switching to Chill Insurance..........

Kilkenny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducking hell, the state of Jumble's clothes. About ten layers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Ahhhh their back after the 3 month lay off

ha, stripey has a stripey dressing gown ����

• Advertisement

cass is getting a ride

This discussion has been closed.