Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Strazdas wrote: »
    The original Floyd has shown up over on Red Rock and is getting close to one of the old versions of Farrah :)

Is that not the last Floyd. The original one was in it with the same Farrah (who is in RR now) and he fell in love with Heather and then morphed into the Floyd who got sick (and he's in RR now)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pretzill wrote: »
    Is that not the last Floyd. The original one was in it with the same Farrah (who is in RR now) and he fell in love with Heather and then morphed into the Floyd who got sick (and he's in RR now)

Yes Floyd 2 and Farrah 1 or 2 is in Red Rock now as ex lovers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes Floyd 2 and Farrah 1 or 2 is in Red Rock now as ex lovers :p

Feck Mother kiely and that guy that was coming on to her last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Memo to Emmet- no man EVER wears their scarf like that, all loose and billowy. That is strictly a female thing- sort it out! I also don't know why Dermot didn't insist on CCTV to see who skimmed the card, that's the first place I would be going..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Too good to be true - looks like Sourpuss is not going to Sydney afterall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jumbles must be freezing in a tshirt

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope little Damo survives this time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Pearce finally takes off his jacket :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

With a bit of luck that's the last we'll hear from Pearse and 'dee app'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Pearce finally takes off his jacket :pac:

And yet Rachel was fully clothed post coitus. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Jeez they're back today. How does an RTE contract work, once you're in its a job for life? How did Mondo come back? Did he ring them up and tell them he's a failed actor and can he get his job back or did the writers think, hey we need some Mondo back in FC?

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Jeez they're back today. How does an RTE contract work, once you're in its a job for life? How did Mondo come back? Did he ring them up and tell them he's a failed actor and can he get his job back or did the writers think, hey we need some Mondo back in FC?

There was no new characters back today? Same lot since the last clear out a fortnight ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Mondo came across a right egotistical dcikhead on that show some years back about young Irish actors trying to make it to Hollywood and I just get a strong spidey sense that hes the exact same now in real life. People may laugh and say how can FC actors think they are Oscar worthy but its exactly people like that that DO have the huge egos and very little talent. Then there was the case where he was caught jumping up and down on some guys car on a night out. I think hes watching too much Kardashians and is typical of the kind of actor I despise.

I hate his character and the faster Mondo is moved on the better....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I just get a strong spidey sense that hes the exact same now in real life

Going on your avatar I feel I must trust your Spidey sense - but I think Mondo plays an unlikeable character in FC so that may cloud your judgement. I also think 'Jumbles' (is it?) The cardi, scarfy wearing Son of Stripey plays a very similar character to Mondo - in fact in Mondo's absence it was hard to tell the difference with his dodgy schemes and patter.

Now we have Pearse another character who kind of out of character has taken to the dodgy end of criminality to force an exit storyline.

Seems fraud and affairs are goto story arcs with the FC writers. Throw in a real, hard necked criminal like Paddy Bishop, the irrepresible Goo eyes, the truly scary Billy Meehan or the Bono spectacle wearing, harmonica playing Flynn every few seasons - or equally someone suffering with some serious mental health issue that has yet to be treated and that's at least six seasons plotted ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Rose is giving Charlie a run for his money in the ever changing accent stakes....what is she at? 'Me and cas had a noice day'......'loikewoise'!!

laylag wrote: »
    Rose is giving Charlie a run for his money in the ever changing accent stakes....what is she at? 'Me and cas had a noice day'......'loikewoise'!!

Very badly cast I think. She annoys me every scene. She is essentially the same character she has played in every role she's played in the last 30 years. I think a strong working class northside type character would have suited the role more, along the lines of a Brenda Fricker type.
    Also its so f'in annoying that Gripey who showed himself last year to be one of the best actors on the show has barely got a line in three months. Typical Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Cormdogg wrote: »

Mondo does a lot of panto and musical work, I actually like his character....

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Dermish is spending all his time either at work or in the pub. Haven't seen Zoe since October. I had to laugh when he told Hayley & Mondo that he was confused. We all are, Derms. We all are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

I want Rose and Cass to shack up together. Don Brennan must have a vacant flat that they could rent.

IMHO, Cass has got potential and I like Rose. With good writers (Ha, ha) it could be comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

laylag wrote: »

Poor old mace let the accent slip last night too - we had a classic southside "or" instead of "our".

Scene something like this:

"Rachel its or decision"
    "What do ya mean "or"? Did you not mean "our" or have you turned into one of them poncy southsiders?"
    "Yeah actually I've been one all along"
    "Jaysus that's gas. Lets have a ride"
    "Ok but I'll be getting my kit off"
    "That's ok. I'm going to be removing nothing more than my hairband"
    "Fantabulous babe"

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Mondo does a lot of panto and musical work, I actually like his character....

What character ? What is the point of Mondo?
    No job, no money, no ambition , no house , no girlfriend?

I'm puzzled why you would pay for an actor to play this "character" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

In fairness he has ambitions about getting Comet into the sack. Can't blame a lad for trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Cass is another one. Although he's working on getting a girlfriend.

well he does have a job, and he's just after moving into the apartment with Dean so his life is picking up a bit, and what does it matter whether he has a girlfriend or a house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

How long will it be til Paul is lured into the scratcher with Haley? She's a fine bit of stuff.
    The ram is long overdue a ride, could be Farrah, or Stripey.
    No sign of Greyface for a while, thank god, he'd turn milk sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    How long will it be til Paul is lured into the scratcher with Haley? She's a fine bit of stuff.

Who is Greyface?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

STIG83 wrote: »
    Who is Greyface?

Barrel of laughs Doyle.

Gwynplaine wrote: »

Haha I said that about the Ram ages ago, has to be Stripey......

how the f can you run an accountancy firm (ahem) with "high end clients" sitting around a little table with a half a dozen others like the way you used to do in junior infants.

• Advertisement

Jumbles would want to wrap up walking around the community centre in only a tshirt, he'll catch his death

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement