Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

Did you know there is more Sheep than People in Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Poor Gripey got confused, that's New Zealand he was thinking of. Easily mixed up with Mayo of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gerry1958

Its not the first time either. I have heard that sound on any number of occasions, seems like poor production values on the sound front

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

And even the sheep in Mayo are 'whingers' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

katkin wrote: »
    She has always been characterised as sensible so at least they are being consistent with her character. Makes a change. Cass and Rose are ridiculous together, cant imagine then having anything in common, she was portrayed as quite snooty originally looking down her nose ar Cardle. Would be a good story though if she did have a fling with Carol's father many years ago what was his nickname again? and Robbie was her son and therefore Cardles half brother as someone here predicted!!! That would be a great story if you're reading this Fair City scriptwriters!!!

I think they will go with that storyline but because they refreshed the Header /Floyd one (to a degree) the half sibling romance has been resurrected - but I think that would make a good take on it - and I don't mind Rose she's typical mother in law material - good potential story despite the fact we can see it a mile off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

How many bedrooms does the Stripe/Gripe house actually have? It seems that Katie has moved back in, then there's Emmet, Rose and the Stripe/Gripes themselves. Four bedrooms in a smallish house? They must have added on a third floor, probably the one removed from Bob's house when Christy needed a bungalow. :D

I've a pain in me head from this show.

How many bedrooms does the Stripe/Gripe house actually have? It seems that Katie has moved back in, then there's Emmet, Rose and the Stripe/Gripes themselves. Four bedrooms in a smallish house? They must have added on a third floor, probably the one removed from Bob's house when Christy needed a bungalow. :D

I've a pain in me head from this show.

Yeah ! And how many businesses are being run from the office that Niamh works from? She's there, Decco's emporium works from there, then there's Dermish and his accountancy desk , finally Concept Inc run by Hayley and Mondo !!! One day Mondo sits on one side working for Decco, the next day he is interviewing a client for Hayley? It's bizarre and completely bonkers !

How does anyone know what phone to answer or who is in charge of stationery , utility bills a etc??? Four business , one room , yeah right !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

katkin wrote: »
    She has always been characterised as sensible so at least they are being consistent with her character. Makes a change. Cass and Rose are ridiculous together, cant imagine then having anything in common, she was portrayed as quite snooty originally looking down her nose ar Cardle. Would be a good story though if she did have a fling with Carol's father many years ago what was his nickname again? and Robbie was her son and therefore Cardles half brother as someone here predicted!!! That would be a great story if you're reading this Fair City scriptwriters!!!

How would Carol be Robbie's half brother in that scenario? Carol had a mother who brought her up. Mary from Glenroe does not strike me as someone who would leave a baby in the hands of a crime lord. Leave it with Robbie being her birth son and don't make it unrealistic. Maybe Gripey and Robbie will have a fling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

How would Carol be Robbie's half brother in that scenario? Carol had a mother who brought her up. Mary from Glenroe does not strike me as someone who would leave a baby in the hands of a crime lord. Leave it with Robbie being her birth son and don't make it unrealistic. Maybe Gripey and Robbie will have a fling.

Eh,because they would both have the same father??
    Something along those lines is how it usually works...... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yeah ! And how many businesses are being run from the office that Niamh works from? She's there, Decco's emporium works from there, then there's Dermish and his accountancy desk , finally Concept Inc run by Hayley and Mondo !!! One day Mondo sits on one side working for Decco, the next day he is interviewing a client for Hayley? It's bizarre and completely bonkers !

How does anyone know what phone to answer or who is in charge of stationery , utility bills a etc??? Four business , one room , yeah right !!!

That's madness alright. Dermot for example would need his own office for clients : he could hardly leave all of their private financial details out on that desk for everyone to read. What's hilarious is that three of the firms are sharing the same desk (!) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Strazdas wrote: »
    That's madness alright. Dermot for example would need his own office for clients : he could hardly leave all of their private financial details out on that desk for everyone to read. What's hilarious is that three of the firms are sharing the same desk (!) :D

Dermot used to work from home. When did that change? Decco and chariot couriers used to have their own office. When did that change?

MelanieC wrote: »
    Eh,because they would both have the same father??
    Something along those lines is how it usually works...... ;-)

Eh.............

but having a fling with Rose doesnt mean Rose is Carols motherr?? think about it. Carol grew up with her parents........

Edit....actually sorry, I get what you are saying now! I was stupidly thinking backways re highlighted part!!. (which, if you read the message properly you could have corrected me on rather than sarcastic reply!!)

And yes that sounds like a great story....

which is probably why it wont happen ��

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Good to see that Dermot finally grew a pair and stood up to Paul, Niamh is a right pain as well with the "we were protecting our daughter" line spoken in her best D4 accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Strazdas wrote: »

I don't think any of them need to be there, they could all work from home, or even from a bus stop. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

The office layout is a joke. I much preferred it when it was the Blue Dolphin office. 4 people working for the same company in the same office. And they even had their desks spread out properly. Imagine!

Does anyone else remember when Orla had her PR company? She had it for a few years. It was also run out of an office she shared with Niamh (I think). I know Wayne the Payne is a ****ing dope but he does want this second-hand car business, if the two of them had any sense they could team up as a business and not bloody whinge and moan every chance they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

youwould wrote: »
    The office layout is a joke. I much preferred it when it was the Blue Dolphin office. 4 people working for the same company in the same office. And they even had their desks spread out properly. Imagine!

Does anyone else remember when Orla had her PR company? She had it for a few years. It was also run out of an office she shared with Niamh (I think). I know Wayne the Payne is a ****ing dope but he does want this second-hand car business, if the two of them had any sense they could team up as a business and not bloody whinge and moan every chance they get.

I wouldn't buy a 2nd hand banana of him let alone a car.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

for those interested in sci fi/gaming, Pete makes an appearance in the halo nightfall film @ 19 mins
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxpG2-tR1Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

for those interested in sci fi/gaming, Pete makes an appearance in the halo nightfall film @ 19 mins
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxpG2-tR1Ok

^^
    Another Oscar - winning performance from Petey there.....

The Ram pitching in with an early Kilkenny reference!!!!

ac3600bf8cd4cff68c4ca2d48a392415.jpg

• Advertisement

posh Charlie

working class Charlie

posh Charlie again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

That pete lad would put years on ya!!! My god I can't bear him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Oh Charlotte dj spotter.
    Haha a gig to organise for the 4 of them.

Sweet Jebus, that was a riveting episode. Misery Pete, Damo and Tommy had me on the edge of my seat.

Apart from Charlie's accent, was there one redeeming story in tonight's show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Sweet Jebus, that was a riveting episode. Misery Pete, Damo and Tommy had me on the edge of my seat.

Apart from Charlie's accent, was there one redeeming story in tonight's show?

No!

Was it on tonight???

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Was it on tonight???

Yes, at 8:30 because of The Voice rubbish.

You didn't miss much. Honestly it was one of the worst episodes in recent history.

• Advertisement

Yes, at 8:30 because of The Voice rubbish.

You didn't miss much. Honestly it was one of the worst episodes in recent history.

Ah thanks. I'll go to bed so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement