Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

god almighty, imagine Doug at a rave with his head banging

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Listening to Pete is giving me a pain in my back!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

youwould wrote: »
    Listening to Pete is giving me a pain in my back!

Well make sure you get ibuprofen not paracetemol, its better for the inflammation

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

katkin wrote: »
    Well make sure you get ibuprofen not paracetemol, its better for the inflammation

Tommy was right though, that was good advice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Glenroe Mary is a terrible actress, maybe she's good on stage. Just like rasher eats Anna Manahan a few years ago. She was brutal.
    Paul is always in a suit, even on a Sunday.
    The Grumpy Pete and Damo story to wrap up soon. Terrible. Last night's episode was one of the worst I've seen.
    They all have plenty of disposable income, coffee's, lunch out, and a few drinks every day. And doing grocery shopping in a corner shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

What's Pete's gripe with Tommy anyway (leaving aside the fact he's a womanising, terrorising stalker!)? I can't recall any run in they may have had?:confused:

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Glenroe Mary is a terrible actress, maybe she's good on stage. Just like rasher eats Anna Manahan a few years ago. She was brutal.

I'm finding Rose very monotone alright. She seems little more than a "theatrical Dub" and a not very convincing one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Yes, at 8:30 because of The Voice rubbish.

You didn't miss much. Honestly it was one of the worst episodes in recent history.

Fair City is poor when it is between major storylines. This Pete v Damian with Tommy stuck in the middle storyline is pointless for starters. Carol acquiring these cars though could be the start of the next proper storyline. Bring Cathal back into the proceedings.

muggles wrote: »
    What's Pete's gripe with Tommy anyway (leaving aside the fact he's a womanising, terrorising stalker!)? I can't recall any run in they may have had?:confused:

I think it's just something to do with Pete fearing his partnership with Damien is under threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Poor oul Doug. Spent Sunday rambling around the Pig, Dolphin Pod, Spar and then McCoys. Has he no home to go to??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Poor oul Doug. Spent Sunday rambling around the Pig, Dolphin Pod, Spar and then McCoys. Has he no home to go to??

Probably not.... where is he supposed to live?

Probably not.... where is he supposed to live?

With Jackie I think? I remember scenes at her house when Neil was going into meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Alice1

Hm, wondering about grumpy Pete. Is it another dementia story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Fair City is poor when it is between major storylines. This Pete v Damian with Tommy stuck in the middle storyline is pointless for starters. Carol acquiring these cars though could be the start of the next proper storyline. Bring Cathal back into the proceedings.

Fair City is poor between January 1st and December 31st I find. Other than that it has its moments........

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Alice1 wrote: »

I thought that's where they were going with Charlie when Tommy went to look at the flat and he went all paranoid and flipped out but he went back to his old intellectual i've been to Oxford University self later in Vino's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

I doubt the FC writers could be that inventive. I imagine while they are trying to think up new storylines, they decided to inflict the Pete/Damo/Tommy rubbish on the loyal viewers.

And don't get me started on the planned rave! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Dementia? Maybe for the writers....as usual we have the same repeating pattern...all getting on well, something happens Pete overreacts, later apologizes...all well, something else happens, Pete overreacts, etc etc etc

Dementia? Maybe for the writers....as usual we have the same repeating pattern...all getting on well, something happens Pete overreacts, later apologizes...all well, something else happens, Pete overreacts, etc etc etc

The only possible storyline I can see here is that Pete and Damien have a big falling out and break up the business partnership. Not sure what the point of this would be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

"Great idea" :D

"Charlotte’s venue for the party has fallen through and
    she needs to find somewhere else quick.
    She has an idea when she hears a group booking
    cancelled in the Pod and she and Katy try to convince
    Rachel it would be a great idea to have the event there."

They'll fit about 4 people in there... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Wasn't Flynn supposed to be dead a month ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Felt sorry for Tommy - he was all delighted and enthusiastic about doing Charlie's work.

I have a dozen little jobs that need doing - I really need a handyman. Anyone got Tommy's number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

jos28 wrote: »
    Felt sorry for Tommy - he was all delighted and enthusiastic about doing Charlie's work.

I have a dozen little jobs that need doing - I really need a handyman. Anyone got Tommy's number ?
    when did Pete become a 'professional'? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

I can't wait for the rave in The Pod. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Hitchens wrote: »
    when did Pete become a 'professional'? :confused:

Professional pain in the a**e

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Every time Wayne opens his mouth about his job it's to demean it . I'm sure spar as the main sponsor are delighted with him describing how sh!t it is to work there, not to mention all the viewers who work in retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

fergspar.jpg?resize=442%2C250

HAPPINESS :)
    Every time Wayne opens his mouth about his job it's to demean it . I'm sure spar as the main sponsor are delighted with him describing how sh!t it is to work there, not to mention all the viewers who work in retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

dogcat wrote: »
    Wasn't Flynn supposed to be dead a month ago?

Yes, fair city writers strike again!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

jos28 wrote: »

Well, If you need a CCTV system fitted, Tommy's you man. He's handy at the old attic conversions as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

So if both Pete and Damo are doing the job in Charlie's house who's looking after the hardware shop? Self service checkouts like in Tesco?! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

What's the building works currently going in? Was in a scene with Oilslick and Carol last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement