Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

happyday wrote: »
    Well Damo's work alone would cost €5,000 going by the job he did at McCoy's.

Ah c'mon now. Damo had to buy a Vileda supermop and a litre of Aldi thick bleach for that job. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

youwould wrote: »
    Charlie lives with Bela and Cass in the Doyle's old house.

If the 'trashed' house was the one Charlie shared with Esther, what happened to the house he shared with Mags :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

jos28 wrote: »
    If the 'trashed' house was the one Charlie shared with Esther, what happened to the house he shared with Mags :confused:

It's the same house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

jos28 wrote: »

Mags ceased to exist the moment Charlie met Esther. He never mentions her. And Esther will cease to exist when he shacks up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭threetrees

fin12 wrote: »
    It's the same house.
    I don't think it is. Esther had her own house and Charlie moved in with her. Charlie and Mags lived in a different house but after Mags died it was broken into and Charlie couldn't live there any longer so moved in with Bella and Cass. Actually I think it may have been Zumo who broke in and eventually Charlie forgave him and taught him to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Pete is a total d1ckhead

You should have realized that when he had not one, but two Christmas dinners unbeknownst to his hosts in 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

threetrees wrote: »
    I don't think it is. Esther had her own house and Charlie moved in with her. Charlie and Mags lived in a different house but after Mags died it was broken into and Charlie couldn't live there any longer so moved in with Bella and Cass. Actually I think it may have been Zumo who broke in and eventually Charlie forgave him and taught him to read.

:D funny cos it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 New Delly

I would not have thought is possible to open a post office account for an unborn child - surely you need a birthcert at least, with all these money laundering rules that have come in?

Also, if there is such a great call for PR business in Carrigstown, why dosen't Orla go back into it, seeing as this was her career back in the day? If wannabe Marllyn Monroe can do it with no experience, surely Orla can?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,118 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

New Delly wrote: »
    I would not have thought is possible to open a post office account for an unborn child - surely you need a birthcert at least, with all these money laundering rules that have come in?

You can't of course. Someone who hasn't been born yet doesn't exist in the eyes of the law. You may as well be trying to open an account for a child you think might be born in ten year's time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Also, if there is such a great call for PR business in Carrigstown, why dosen't Orla go back into it, seeing as this was her career back in the day? If wannabe Marllyn Monroe can do it with no experience, surely Orla can?

I wondered that too. In the real world, Orla would go back into that line of work or similar and would not be a barmaid. But these characters are written for convenience/storylines. The Hayley character is basically the Orla character from 14 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

threetrees wrote: »

I don't think it's the same house either. The one he shared with Mags(she who shall never be mentioned) had a different lay out. But then again, this is FC -Look what they did to Bob's house.:rolleyes:

I wondered that too. In the real world, Orla would go back into that line of work or similar and would not be a barmaid. But these characters are written for convenience/storylines. The Hayley character is basically the Orla character from 14 years ago.

They've certainly missed a trick here. Orla was demoted when she and Wayne lost the pub and for sure she may have carried on working in the demoted role as a stop arrangement. But you would imagine that she would have turned her mind to trying out something different after a few weeks, especially with her business acumen.

Also, I don't really know what Petes problem with Tommy is - did he not let him stay in his place when he got out of prison/hospital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,299 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tommy and Pete used be good mates, what happened

Also, I don't really know what Petes problem with Tommy is - did he not let him stay in his place when he got out of prison/hospital?
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tommy and Pete used be good mates, what happened

I'm not entirely sure where this storyline is going. It seems like Pete and Damien are going to have a big falling out and break up the partnership but I imagine a lot of viewers would say "So what?" (unless this is leading into some future unknown storyline).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,299 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Tommy still have Flynn's stolen money from the hotel, maybe he will buy into Pete and Damo's business or buy out Pete

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Tommy still have Flynn's stolen money from the hotel, maybe he will buy into Pete and Damo's business or buy out Pete

Tommy handing the few notes to the homeless man whilst biting his apple was probably my favourite EVER Fair City scene. Respect to whoever came up with that 10 seconds of genius 😄😄😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tommy (Geoff Minouue) was on a TV3 chat show rthe other day. Lucy Kennedy pressed him several times to tell us what the plot was. He didn't reveal a thing. Waste of time having him on. He seemed a bit cocky. Didn't come across as very likeable. Maybe it was just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Maybe even the actor doesn't know what Pete's problem with Tommy is. It looks like no one here does anyway so probably none of the viewers know what's going on. Maybe the writers don't either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Something is probably going to happen with Capimhe losing the baby and it being Pete's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Was it Nicola or her new partner that was 'banned' from some place in Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

fin12 wrote: »
    omg cant wait to see Oisin, the son that paul hasnt mentioned in years. or seen.

Another re-run of thr Callum story, with Niamh expected to shut up and take any old dirt off a lad that hasn't been seen in donkeys years! And Don Vito Brennan, of course, fawning over the lad like they have always had a brilliant relationship!

Maybe Nicola and Don Vito Brennan can spend countless episodes reminiscing over how he was conceived, ala Jane and Don Vito Brennan!

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Was it Nicola or her new partner that was 'banned' from some place in Cork?

Nicola was on no certain terms told by her ex Clar to stay out of Mallow.

Oisin having gone away to Mallow as blonde as Damin Duff will of course be recast with an actor with dark hair and tan. No cork accent, he will sound pure north's ide and will have a real bad boy attitude and within 5 minutes be flirting with complete strangers in the street.

He will then get a seat by the end of the episode at the magic business table between Jermisssssh and Howdya Hayley and have his own business up and running by the next day.

I hope Oisin has a cork accent, but I doubt he will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Bet he starts up a relationship with Charlotte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Bet he starts up a relationship with Charlotte.

And moves her into Don Brennan's house, much to Niamh's chagrin. But sure what can she do? Don Brennan will get a dose of amnesia and forget that he has not the slightest trust or liking for Charlit, as well as completely forgetting Charlit having planted stolen Hungry Pig money under Callum's bed a few episodes back. He'll shout Niamh down when she tries to stop Charlit's moving in. GottA love FC!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement