Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Stripeys potential crime would be what exactly? Also WHAT HAPPENED HEADER?

So the actress is short a few quid, can't get any gigs so RTE "Job for life" write her back in. Garbage, FC is back to its worst, not even funny.

This Charlie soliloquy is rediculous, the writing is a disgrace. RTE should be ashamed, it's embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Are these Doug and Charlotte v Pete and Charlie scenes meant to be some sort of story about morals. I half expect the episode to end with Charlie in front of the fire talking to the camera and telling us what we have learned today.....

Is the Pod a 3 bed semi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

God old honest Pete wouldn't admit the truth

I wish Charlotte had told Charlie the truth

Jeez this is like a Fair City version of I" know what you did last Summer" with all the young uns fretting about the tiles.

I half expect Threatening letters and phone calls to be directed at Rachel, Katie et al in the next few weeks....

Charged with manslaughter for pushing your son over to protect him???????

Oh my god!!!!!! The writers still haven't copped themselves on! They still think this manslaughter sentence is realistic! !

God help us. Sentencing not until October. Going to be an extremely annoying 7 months

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A cop calls into a restaurant on a sunday night to tell you you're in court on Tuesday.

Do the writers think we're total fools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That was such a drab episode that I have no jibe to post😡

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

This sounds awful bad.

Is the rave at the (Charlie) Grave, story still blaming Tommy Gunn and are we expected to go on and on with Pete taking the higher moral ground until his dope of a son, neck jecker Doug owns up........in June????

Missed tonight, but gonna check it out in a bit.

walshb wrote: »
    That was such a drab episode that I have no jibe to post😡

Ah go on. I havent watched it yet. Waiting on the chips to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I can't see Paul and Wayne working together, playing nice for long

Cormdogg wrote: »
    So the actress is short a few quid, can't get any gigs so RTE "Job for life" write her back in. Garbage, FC is back to its worst, not even funny.

That article made no mention of her recent return where Paul banged her and Christmas was ruined...sort of.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ah go on. I havent watched it yet. Waiting on the chips to be done!

I suppose, at a stretch I could wonder why the fook Bunion Kelly is so cut up over Esther's photo gone missing when he still hasn't fooking buried her?

Doug: The door was open.

LOL LOL LOL!

Nicolas not a bad character, actress is quite good and she has plenty of connections in the area so potential stories so I think it's great she's coming back. Surprised she hasn't been permanently back in so long.

Herself and Tommy will end up a couple I predict and her and Jane will hate eachother. Shell get some sort of job in the Ballantyne within an hour or two and her inevitable love triangle plot will involve Greasy and Caddle.

See, it writes itself..............

Nicola coming back I liked her

Hope Clar stay in Mallow lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I missed it tonight
    Has doug owned up yet? The ram can't be a stalker and a bad stand in handy man who signs for tiles drives a taxi catches the light fingered Charlotte stealing from vinos and foiled a kidnapping person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can someone please explain to me how Paul Brennan still has money and can manage to put 80 grand into this business with Carol, I thought he won 500,000 grand that time but since then he's bought two houses, setting up a hostel for Rachel, bought Leo's old office building which was destroyed by fire and had no insurance, bought the hairdressers for Niamh, blackmailed by Jane,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

She's a writer, and so what if they let characters come back, most of the soaps do.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

:confused:What am I missing here?
    Gripey - '' I've been charged with manslaughter and the sentence hearing is in October.'' It seems in Carrigstown being charged with something is immediately followed by a sentence hearing. In the rest of the country there's usually the little matter of a trial in between.
    Wouldn't there have to be a court case, with solicitors, barristers, witnesses, prosecutors and preferably a Judge? I realise that Deegan has form in this area, having unilaterally sent Charlitt off to Mountjoy before for the heinous crime of kicking her own wheelbarrow. But Alan Shatter is gone now, and a Garda no longer acts as prosecutor, judge and jury.
    Or maybe the court case was today. Presumably Cathal, Tommy, medical examiners, pathologists, and the poor unfortunate fella who was totally ignored when he looked for a room that night, would all have been called as witnesses. The jury would have watched Tommy's CCTV footage, and heard expert evidence from both the defence and prosecution.
    So the entire case was heard, the jury adjourned to the jury room, after a lot of debate they reached a verdict of guilty, bail was set and presumably paid and the Judge set a sentencing date.
    And Gripey was still able to make it back in time for lunch and a few pints in the Station..............:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

coolhull wrote: »
    :confused:What am I missing here?
    Gripey - '' I've been charged with manslaughter and the sentence hearing is in October.'' It seems in Carrigstown being charged with something is immediately followed by a sentence hearing. In the rest of the country there's usually the little matter of a trial in between.
    Wouldn't there have to be a court case, with solicitors, barristers, witnesses, prosecutors and preferably a Judge? I realise that Deegan has form in this area, having unilaterally sent Charlitt off to Mountjoy before for the heinous crime of kicking her own wheelbarrow. But Alan Shatter is gone now, and a Garda no longer acts as prosecutor, judge and jury.
    Or maybe the court case was today. Presumably Cathal, Tommy, medical examiners, pathologists, and the poor unfortunate fella who was totally ignored when he looked for a room that night, would all have been called as witnesses. The jury would have watched Tommy's CCTV footage, and heard expert evidence from both the defence and prosecution.
    So the entire case was heard, the jury adjourned to the jury room, after a lot of debate they reached a verdict of guilty, bail was set and presumably paid and the Judge set a sentencing date.
    And Gripey was still able to make it back in time for lunch and a few pints in the Station..............:confused::confused:

Yes, I was very puzzled with Eoghan's "sentencing date" claim. That would suggest he has already pleaded guilty to manslaughter and been found guilty of it. Seeing as that is eight months away though, that makes no sense.....it would appear they've cocked up with the script.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, I was very puzzled with Eoghan's "sentencing date" claim. That would suggest he has already pleaded guilty to manslaughter and been found guilty of it. Seeing as that is eight months away though, that makes no sense.....it would appear they've cocked up with the script.

What's new? :confused::confused:

Didn't Gripey say that he was charged with manslaughter, not convicted of? If so, how is it straight to sentencing, in October? The writers are a gas bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Wasnt Stripey there on the night? Surely she'd be called as a witness.
    In a case like that no solicitor would advise their client to plead guilty. Then again he was probably defending himself.

My head can't deal with this Gripey stuff. It was funny at first with the whole Mumbles killed by a brush against a hotel desk, then it became funnier when the storyline pointed to Gripey the killer, then it became really annoying, then when Cathal had left and we got some respite from it all it was funny again to joke about the events but now it's gone to new levels of annoying. I feel like going to the Ballintine myself and banging (or brushing ) my head against the desk.

Seriously stupid writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

sligojoek wrote: »
    A cop calls into a restaurant on a sunday night to tell you you're in court on Tuesday.

Do the writers think we're total fools.

Debbie and Katie must have really been immersed in the menu not to notice a policeman go up to Eoghan at the counter, say something to him before leaving and then think nothing of Eoghan's complete change of mood from when he walked into the restaurant in a decent mood to the sudden harried "I just remembered Debs, I have to go. I eh....I have a taxi run to do"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

sligojoek wrote: »
    Wasnt Stripey there on the night? Surely she'd be called as a witness.
    In a case like that no solicitor would advise their client to plead guilty. Then again he was probably defending himself.

Ah sure you know what the courts are like. No point wasting money on admin material like paper and envelopes etc informing all involved of the pending court date. Just send the local Guard into the restaurant in the hope they'll be in there to tell the defendant he's due in court a couple of days later. And sure, he'll no doubt inform all other witnesses and such like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement