Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I'm not fully up to date on the manslaughter story line but did he plead guilty? If so wouldn't it go straight to the hearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I'm not fully up to date on the manslaughter story line but did he plead guilty? If so wouldn't it go straight to the hearing?
    Maybe so. But two days notice for the court case. If he was pleading not guilty he wouldnt have much time to get a defence together.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

sligojoek wrote: »
    Maybe so. But two days notice for the court case. If he was pleading not guilty he wouldnt have much time to get a defence together.

Also why is he pleading guilty? What did he say he was charged with, did Deegan say culpable homicide. Wont he have a criminal record so for trying to save his wife and son. Bizarre beyond all bizarres for Fair City and that's saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

My biggest issue is what sort of legal representatives does Gripey have behind him??? I mean he doesn't seem to have sought any advice. He has just accepted his fate. And if he does have any what calibre of eegit would urge him to plead guilty on such a serious charge with the evidence and witnesses before them.

To refresh my memory have the guards access to this Ram Cam tape?? If so I'd actually say the content is as much to Tommy favour as if it hasn't been. If I walked in off the street and said I'd killed a man I couldn't just be charged and sentenced as they would still need evidence or probability I had done so not some "I think I elbowed him by accident" waffle.

In fact in a few months time Gripey could appeal on the basis of insanity at the time of his plea brought on by guilt and mourning factors. He would have a very strong case wouldn't he??

Deegan et al haven't even considered Gripeys state of mind throughout this, they think it's just natural for him to admit it. They also see no culpability regarding Cathal and have they even mentioned that Stripey was held hostage ??

It's just bizarre. I font know why they just don't get the sentencing over with now and just put us out of our misery! Are we going to have a Stripey and Gripey become fugitives plot........We are aren't we ..... where to Mallow, Galway??

Or maybe Tommy helps them out and hides them in Aunt Kitty's!! Any excuse to get Aunt Kitty on screen..

Any suggestions who will play her?

I'm thinking the actress that plays Claudette in Eastenders or Pippa 2. from Home and Away

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I hope Rocco gets done for Mumbles' killing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

We should start a a petition on here.

"Free the Carringstown One"

"What do we want? "
    " Gripey released from prison"

"When do we want it? "
    " Oh, sometime next year will do. There's no hurry "

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me how Paul Brennan still has money and can manage to put 80 grand into this business with Carol, I thought he won 500,000 grand that time but since then he's bought two houses, setting up a hostel for Rachel, bought Leo's old office building which was destroyed by fire and had no insurance, bought the hairdressers for Niamh, blackmailed by Jane,

Paul made a lot of money from Eddie's investments, was it over a million quid

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

A quote from the article states

"There is an automatic rivalry between them because Niamh is young and beautiful. Really, Clelia is my best friend in real life."

Aren't they both mid forties at this stage?!

A quote from the article states

"There is an automatic rivalry between them because Niamh is young and beautiful. Really, Clelia is my best friend in real life."

Aren't they both mid forties at this stage?!

She's just gone forty. In fairness I think the "really" was to emphasise she is, in her opinion, beautiful, and as her best friend she is hardly going to say otherwise.

Also Clelia is looking very well to be fair since her Christmas lights were turned on by Mumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Art Deko

I don't understand how Eoghan is great mates with Tommy considering the only evidence against Eoghan was filmed and produced by Tommy. Without the secret video the whole manslaughter charge would not have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Wooly Emmett gone to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I tuned in on tenterhooks last night to see what was going to happen next in the big Pete and Damo 'will they won't they stay business partners' mega interesting storyline.

And boy was I glad I watched. Just as the Go2Guys reach breaking point, Doug finally decides to confess, after us willing him to for the past week. And just to prove that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, it appears that now Pete too is going to sit on this for a while, waiting for the perfect moment to spill his secret.

No doubt, when he does attempt to confess, the person he's confessing to will interrupt him mid confession at least four times, in a tantalizing never before seen tactic by the Fair City scriptwriters.

And let's not forget Charlie. He spent last night showering the VERY people who messed up his gaf with gifts and random declarations of affection and love. Not to mention making sure to take all calls in relation to the tragic incident in ear shot of the partygoers. Another never (always) seen before Fair City tactic. Sometimes the sense of deja vu in fair city makes me feel nauseous, honestly!

Art Deko wrote: »
    I don't understand how Eoghan is great mates with Tommy considering the only evidence against Eoghan was filmed and produced by Tommy. Without the secret video the whole manslaughter charge would not have happened.

Because Gripey is wise enough to know that you are best not to make enemies with the Ram. You either will be burnt in a factory building, end up in Africa, be shot, be stalked, be exposed as a money launderer or be driven into a narky old pr$ck a la Pete.

Keep your friends close, keep the Ram closer.

Charlie giving Charlotte the present and then his "have a great night guys....ye deserve it ha ha ha" line was awful tosh and just bloody wierd!! I'd like to say it was plot driven but I can't call this a plot at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paul made a lot of money from Eddie's investments, was it over a million quid

no it was 500,000 grand I thought. i thought he put 50,000 in and got 500,000 back, Wayne put in nearly a million and got nothing back.

fin12 wrote: »
    no it was 500,000 grand I thought. i thought he put 50,000 in and got 500,000 back, Wayne put in nearly a million and got nothing back.

I'm sure he's able to get plenty of loan credit on account of having plenty of business interests. I wouldnt think Paul and his seemingly very deep pockets is the most unrealistic aspect of FC at the moment! Wayne remaining his gofer despite the hell he has put him through is ridiculous though

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hope the Sky box is ok for recording the next three months of Don Brennan and Wayne's bickering. Can't be missing that! Kinda' torn between that and Pete's bickering with Damo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Wayne 1 liner to paul about being married, hilarious 😆
    That pete is one snakey yoke!!!
    Rachel will go to confession after breaking in to charlies. My god I can't stick that pete.

Yes get legal advice from an inept garda who let's real criminals who have laundered money and held a woman hostage like Cathal off yet finds it a criminal offence to kick over a wheelbarrow .........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Wayne - you forgot about the Rising - you could plaster the limos with copies of the proclamation!

Haha what kind of drugs is Wayne on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

YAY Wayne just called Paul Tony Soprano :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

Wayne is driving me up the wall, everyone knows someone like him with ideas way over his head.

Pete ya snakey so and so! !! Cannot wait til it comes out next xmas

"First date Pete. Let's just keep our pants on"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Wayne the prick is really annoying.

Oh jesus it's like she's reading an obichuary.
    Oh my god they killed chaz !!

Oh please let this be the end!!!!

• Advertisement

"First date Pete. Let's just keep our pants on"

The ram is a hard act to follow😊

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement