Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Emmet got a job like 2 weeks ago now he is gone of holiday?

Sash started work around the same time....and she's been missing since. Emmet's probably with her. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,827 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Shakyfan wrote: »
    From the way stripey and gripey were talking it sounds like they've been given the option of him avoiding jail by paying a fine. How does that work? "We know you've killed someone but give us a couple of grand and we'll forget all about it......"???

I'm no legal expert but I think fines only apply if it's a lesser offence and before the District Court.

Manslaughter would be a much more serious offence and would be tried in the Circuit Criminal Court in front of a judge and jury, meaning a fine would be absolutely out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have never heard of a fine for a manslaughter charge! And, the way gripes and stripes were fretting you'd think it was going to be a 5 figure some... Who researches this sh1t in RTE?

walshb wrote: »
    I have never heard of a fine for a manslaughter charge! And, the way gripes and stripes were fretting you'd think it was going to be a 5 figure some... Who researches this sh1t in RTE?

This is really sloppy stuff alright. It would be like hearing someone had been convicted of murder and received a fine for it.

I repeat the kids threw a party and knocked over a box of tiles and how is it costing them 6 grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I repeat the kids threw a party and knocked over a box of tiles and how is it costing them 6 grand

But you're forgetting the puke in the sink. It's that poxy blonde extra that should be paying the damages.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

walshb wrote: »
    But you're forgetting the puke in the sink. It's that poxy blonde extra that should be paying the damages.

And the famous fookin photo frame :P

coolhull wrote: »
    And the famous fookin photo frame :P

Did Rachel and Charlotte break back into Charlie's to return the photo? They could have dropped it through the letter box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,733 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The teenagers have taken over FC. Its gone worse than Home and Away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://rsvpmagazine.ie/remember-zumo-bishop-from-fair-city/

Patrick Fitzpatrick aka Zumo has lost weight

And became a hipster..........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Paul Brennan is nothing but a bully, I absolutely hate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I hope that day happens too Wayne, when Paul has lost everything, he clearly has never heard the saying Be nice to people on the way up because you will meet them on the way down.

Wayne doing my head in the man is a loser

He's a weird mixture of huge ego and low self esteem, very much in the Alan Partridge and David Brent mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

His character is consistent though. That's what I like. And he delivers the "someday I'll take him down" speeches brilliantly! He's a cross between Ian Beale (when phil bullied him) and Billy Mitchell of Carrigstown!

His character is consistent though. That's what I like. And he delivers the "someday I'll take him down" speeches brilliantly! He's a cross between Ian Beale (when phil bullied him) and Billy Mitchell of Carrigstown!

"Brilliant" is stretching things a bit! Wayne is a sap... I'd find a man like that very unattractive !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

bazermc wrote: »
    And became a hipster..........

A hipster bishop....there's a money storyline right there.

"Brilliant" is stretching things a bit! Wayne is a sap... I'd find a man like that very unattractive !

I mean as a fictional character to watch on the screen on the telly box on a Tuesday, wed, Thursday or Sunday evening.

I'm not saying his characters actions, words or being inspires me to be a better person.

I just said he's entertaining to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

There are, in fairness, great dynamics between Paul v Wayne.

Agreed.

They are great characters and better when they are in the same scenes.

Wayne does deserve a break.

• Advertisement

THE MOST

SHOCKING THING

IS

THAT

THERE

WAS

ACTUALLY...............

Coffee in a cup in Fair City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

The original rationale behind the 6 grand cost was that Pete and Damo would not be able to get insurance anymore.

Seeing as how its been established that they did not leave the house unlocked, and I can't see Bunions ringing the insurance company to tell them what happened then why is their insurance premium affected at all?

Just another part of the script that been completely forgotten about.

Sunday nights episode will no doubt see Damo and Pete paint the same yellow wall blue as the writers completely forget they painted it Thursday night.

The Fair City script writer is following me on Twitter now.....

any message you want me to pass onto him?

zoobizoo wrote: »

Yeah - can you find out how you get a job like that, that actually pays actual money? I reckon I could write a better script while on the jacks.

Katie and Rachel going to get it on......?

LOL - that's what I came away from last nights episode thinking. I was actually raging it didn't happen there and then in McCoys.

They should get it on. Katie looked great last night and behind the sour puss there's a fine looking cailin there in Rachel.

zoobizoo wrote: »

I made a few reasonable queries around the Mumbles cold blooded murder period but they are like politicians how they waiver about answers. Don't waste your time! But block them as it's frustrating watching all the self gratuitous and self praising tweets they Lanchester out after storylines! It was funny at first but got very annoying! Is it Kane from Home and Away you are referring to. He's chief writer. His knowledge of the legal system in Ireland is not the greatest starting point! And you can see his influence on this Famous Four Illegal disco plot lines with all the similarly silly teen plots in Samma Baeeee

I made a few reasonable queries around the Mumbles cold blooded murder period but they are like politicians how they waiver about answers. Don't waste your time! But block them as it's frustrating watching all the self gratuitous and self praising tweets they Lanchester out after storylines! It was funny at first but got very annoying! Is it Kane from Home and Away you are referring to. He's chief writer. His knowledge of the legal system in Ireland is not the greatest starting point! And you can see his influence on this Famous Four Illegal disco plot lines with all the similarly silly teen plots in Samma Baeeee

Its a clever ploy in fairness. Increase your male audience dramatically by focusing on young ones, while leaving a few thoughts out there about Katie & Rachel, Rachel & Doug, Rachel in the sack (fully clothed) with Mace.

I mean who ever watched Home & Away for the storylines?

Speaking of Home & Away - this just happened:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/12190721/Home-and-Away-actor-Martin-Lynes-charged-with-sexual-assault.html

No idea who he is but some of you serial soapers might :)

Coat22 wrote: »
    LOL - that's what I came away from last nights episode thinking. I was actually raging it didn't happen there and then in McCoys.

They should get it on. Katie looked great last night and behind the sour puss there's a fine looking cailin there in Rachel.

Of all the hundreds of Lesbians that line the streets of Carrigstown Katie is by far the soundest, least annoying and prettiest. I think making her a lesbian in the first place was a cheap plot driven exercise. I mean the thriving lesbian culture in Carrigstown points to me as a tad unrealistic to say the least. The way they randomly meet and recognise immediately the others sexuality is among other things silly writing. And the plots associated with same have all made out that gay relationships are trouble strewn and unnaturally respectful.

I'm sure they will eventually pair up Laura and Katie and whilst they seem on the outside a lovely match up, two seemingly decent people, their characters will be destroyed by some plot driven cliche love triangayle. And we will have months of the same dabble that we experienced with our favourite journalist Lesbnina, Sasha and Laura.

Louise will no doubt return (aesthetically and facially unrecognisable of course again) with a mysterious secret laden gay partner also.

Anyway my main point is maybe give Katie a relationship but not one that significantly transforms her character.

Doug coming out would be a good story.

Of all the hundreds of Lesbians that line the streets of Carrigstown Katie is by far the soundest, least annoying and prettiest. I think making her a lesbian in the first place was a cheap plot driven exercise. I mean the thriving lesbian culture in Carrigstown points to me as a tad unrealistic to say the least. The way they randomly meet and recognise immediately the others sexuality is among other things silly writing. And the plots associated with same have all made out that gay relationships are trouble strewn and unnaturally respectful.

I'm sure they will eventually pair up Laura and Katie and whilst they seem on the outside a lovely match up, two seemingly decent people, their characters will be destroyed by some plot driven cliche love triangayle. And we will have months of the same dabble that we experienced with our favourite journalist Lesbnina, Sasha and Laura.

Louise will no doubt return (aesthetically and facially unrecognisable of course again) with a mysterious secret laden gay partner also.

Anyway my main point is maybe give Katie a relationship but not one that significantly transforms her character.

Doug coming out would be a good story.

LOL - I think they're trying to increase their male audience share so reckon we'll see many more lesbians before they go there. I like the Rachel lesbian idea - I think she'd make a good one. And Laura? Can't stand her. Hopefully she heads back to Galway never to be seen again.

But Doug and Callum or Oisin - that would be comical

• Advertisement

Coat22 wrote: »
    Its a clever ploy in fairness. Increase your male audience dramatically by focusing on young ones, while leaving a few thoughts out there about Katie & Rachel, Rachel & Doug, Rachel in the sack (fully clothed) with Mace.

I mean who ever watched Home & Away for the storylines?

Speaking of Home & Away - this just happened:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/12190721/Home-and-Away-actor-Martin-Lynes-charged-with-sexual-assault.html

No idea who he is but some of you serial soapers might :)

Stone the flaming crows , flaming mongerel (if ever there was an apt time to use this phrase it's now) He's the actor that played the blonde ones brother. Think he killed Casey??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement