Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

So if Doug is 24 (!!!), was he hanging out with 16 year old girls when he was 22?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Coat22 wrote: »
    LOL - I think they're trying to increase their male audience share so reckon we'll see many more lesbians before they go there. I like the Rachel lesbian idea - I think she'd make a good one. And Laura? Can't stand her. Hopefully she heads back to Galway never to be seen again.

But Doug and Callum or Oisin - that would be comical

Laura was lovely pre Lesbnina. The latter turned her into a desperate, miserable, naive, annoying walkover. No doubt she will be a completely different person once she returns from her standard 4 month exile from the soap.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    So if Doug is 24 (!!!), was he hanging out with 16 year old girls when he was 22?

Actually yes. Remember the car crash with the teens. Was it Charlotte, Rachel, callum and Doug? He then spent few months lying on the couch in some sort of faux relationship with Ama before pigeon necking through a few months with Neilston bizarrely written (what's new says you) bipolar plot.

I love his dialogue though. It's like he is ad libbing his way through scenes

Yeah - can you find out how you get a job like that, that actually pays actual money? I reckon I could write a better script while on the jacks.

Just walk around Carrigstown. You will be offered a job within minutes in any of their establishments

Get fantastic holiday time also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Just walk around Carrigstown. You will be offered a job within minutes in any of their establishments

Get fantastic holiday time also

Ah yeah but with the notable exception of Don Paul they all look constantly broke. Nobody owns a car apart from Dermish and look where he ended up.

That said, despite the obvious lack of cash everyone always seems to have enough cash to head off on holidays at the drop of a hat and eat and drink out 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah but with the notable exception of Don Paul they all look constantly broke. Nobody owns a car apart from Dermish and look where he ended up.

That said, despite the obvious lack of cash everyone always seems to have enough cash to head off on holidays at the drop of a hat and eat and drink out 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Boozing and eating out every night! And 3 month holiday breaks twice a year! Nice life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Long gone are the days of everyone surviving on Hughie and Natalie's pizzas from the Pizza Slice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,827 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

zoobizoo wrote: »

Yes, he was. I think the story with him is that he is rather hapless and immature for his age but with a good heart.

I've wondered before if he might be secretly gay : he never seems to have any girlfriends and shows no signs of being attracted to Rachel, Charlotte or Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, he was. I think the story with him is that he is rather hapless and immature for his age but with a good heart.

I've wondered before if he might be secretly gay : he never seems to have any girlfriends and shows no signs of being attracted to Rachel, Charlotte or Katy.

Well ones a lesbian, ones a nutter from a family of nutters and that leaves Rachel who before she went bed hopping with Mace always came across as the local nun. If I was Doug and these were the women available I think I'd pretend to be gay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The thing that annoys me the most about FC storylines is how they are completely plucked from thin air. They have a raft of characters about to arrive for their 6 week shift so they spend all of 3 minutes thinking of stories:

Party and possible jail time for the kids.
    Pete and Damien all of a sudden hate each other and making references to family members which came out of NOWHERE, just p!ss poor and lazy writing.
    Carol suddenly competing with Paul for a business and still having time to drink and smoke in the pub every single weekday night.

Also, can we please please start a savings fund for Damien and his disappearing neck? Watch it- every time he is either angry/ashamed/sad/uncomfortable, he tucks his chin into his burly chest and in the process loses 10 inches of height. I'm amazed he can still see where hes going because of the awkward angle. I want to grab his chin, straighten it up and say "There! No need to tuck it in, keep your chin UP boy!".

• Advertisement

The thing that annoys me the most about FC storylines is how they are completely plucked from thin air. They have a raft of characters about to arrive for their 6 week shift so they spend all of 3 minutes thinking of stories:

Party and possible jail time for the kids.
    Pete and Damien all of a sudden hate each other and making references to family members which came out of NOWHERE, just p!ss poor and lazy writing.
    Carol suddenly competing with Paul for a business and still having time to drink and smoke in the pub every single weekday night.

Also, can we please please start a savings fund for Damien and his disappearing neck? Watch it- every time he is either angry/ashamed/sad/uncomfortable, he tucks his chin into his burly chest and in the process loses 10 inches of height. I'm amazed he can still see where hes going because of the awkward angle. I want to grab his chin, straighten it up and say "There! No need to tuck it in, keep your chin UP boy!".

I saw enough of McLean Burke on the FC anniversary show on late late to last me a lifetime. I will contribute to keep him sinking

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Pete was like Tony Soprano last night, "if he messes with my family he'll regret it".

Katie looked hot as well, the new look suits her.

Charlie seems to have forgot Tony wasn't his son.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pete and Damien all of a sudden hate each other and making references to family members which came out of NOWHERE,.

Glad someone else spotted this, and the OTT venom in Damo's lines to Pete last night? WTF? One second they're bosom buddies, and the next you'd think that it was Pete had put Suzanne up to hitting Damo a few slaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Pete was like Tony Soprano last night, "if he messes with my family he'll regret it".

Katie looked hot as well, the new look suits her.

Charlie seems to have forgot Tony wasn't his son.

Eh? Tony was his son,wasn't he??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Boozing and eating out every night! And 3 month holiday breaks twice a year! Nice life!

I think I'd be sick of Vino's if I had to eat there as often as they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

happyday wrote: »
    I think I'd be sick of Vino's if I had to eat there as often as they do.

Eh, yeh, but have you tasted the tomato dish? It's on the first page of the menu, and the last page. Oh, and there's only one page!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

We all know Nicole and Oshien are returning... Someone mentioned Oshien (sp) coming back dark haired, they were right, I seen the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

We all know Nicole and Oshien are returning... Someone mentioned Oshien (sp) coming back dark haired, they were right, I seen the picture.

Where's the picture, what website is it on?

That was me and yeah it was inevitable. FC strikes again. Sure they have already cast a South Korean to play Zach Dillon when he returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I seen a clip of him on The Pulse tonight..they showed a still photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Sorry lads but who is oisin. And a south Korean as zack dillon. WTF

Who's Oisin, who's Nicole, who's Zack, who's Aunty Kitty .....who are these people????? :confused:

I mean as a fictional character to watch on the screen on the telly box on a Tuesday, wed, Thursday or Sunday evening.

I'm not saying his characters actions, words or being inspires me to be a better person.

I just said he's entertaining to watch

Ugh no! We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I find Wayne one of the most annoying characters in FC : I never find him entertaining or funny , he's just weak .

it's just personal taste I guess :o

Oisin is the spawn of Don Paulioni and Nico. He will arrive next week after running off from Nicola and end up at Pauls door. Everyone will immediately recognise him despite (and this includes his own father and half sister) the fact they havent seen him in a decade and he has changed his hair from strawberry blonde to black.
    He will have a terrible attitude, a northside Dub accent despite living most of his young life in Mallow, lots of secrets.
    Niamh wont want him there despite the fact her "multi millionaire tycoon husband" has every right and responsibility to take care of his children.
    He will "create quite the impression" on Carrigstoen residents. He will be over confident to strangers, testosterone will be flowing, he eill have a row with some local lad like Deco over something trivial and will sleep with Charlotte.
    He will also have a job lined up.

All the above will happen before the adbreak in his first appearance.

After tge adbreak Nicola will turn up at Brennans door looking for her awol son. Naturally the first place she looks is the other side of the country in a place Oisin hasnt visited in ten years.

Nicola will make a smart comment to Paul and a smarter one to Niamh, she will have a row with Oisin over why he left, she will head to Vinos/Station/mccoys on her own and will be flirting with (probably The Ram) before the evenings out.

By the end of the episode she will have accomodation and a job lined up also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

What age is Oisin meant to be? Can we expect an Eastenders type age acceleration? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    What age is Oisin meant to be? Can we expect an Eastenders type age acceleration? :pac:

IIRC Oisín is a few months younger than Rachel.

Oisin is 18, 19 in October. So perhaps he is back to retrieve the birthday card and present Charlie never sent him last Autumn.

Actually, knowing Fair City, that is the plot arc for the next three months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

This oisin lad is related to the Brennans isn't he???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This oisin lad is related to the Brennans isn't he???

Paul's son from Paul's Blue Dolphins days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Who's Oisin, who's Nicole, who's Zack, who's Aunty Kitty .....who are these people????? :confused:

Oisin is Paul's son he had with Nicola and he lives in Cork but might as well be living in Australia, because Paul Brennan hasn't seen or mentioned him since the day he moved to Cork with his mother.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement