Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

The last line of tonight's show was classic - Orla:"I just want this to be over"........Jesus love,don't we all......

And Rachel turning all rebellious? Please. She went out "clubbing" yet was home before 12 & she "mitched" school but only during free classes! Wow,slow down there ya wild thing........

Jeybus......there's going to be an operation on the other ear.............

Thanks for the laugh :D

I hate Rachel stupid face she pulls all the time and Charlotte bold as brass yet Decco give her 100 euro + money for cake :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Oh for God's sake, I thought Junior's ear saga would be over tonight. Now we have the other ear to look forward to. Orla is just unbearable now, it's painful to watch/listen to her wailing and sniffling.
    If only Wayne were juniors real father he would have inherited Wayne's rasher ears and we wouldn't have this saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Thanks for the laugh :D

I hate Rachel stupid face she pulls all the time and Charlotte bold as brass yet Decco give her 100 euro + money for cake :rolleyes:

The thing with Rachel is that they make her out to be all nice and good, just misunderstood and innocent, and easily led, hence the poxy stupid faces she pulls, yet really she's an insufferable toe rag, and every bit a c u next Tuesday as Charlotte!

Wow. That is one sentence. Hope it's clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

People in Carrigstown don't seem to be aware that Charlotte murdered her father I take it? She's strolling around the area without a care in the world and nobody is commenting on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Strazdas wrote: »
    People in Carrigstown don't seem to be aware that Charlotte murdered her father I take it? She's strolling around the area without a care in the world and nobody is commenting on it.

Makes you wonder all right. Do the Carrigstown natives think he walked on a rusty nail or something?
    And I wish I had a doctor like SuperDoc. He really is amazing, calling to people's homes to see how they are.

What was the outcome for Paddy? No investigation? Did the Bishop's flee, and if so, surely with Charlotte back now we may get Deegan out of hibernation and onto the case. He can't still be on the beat pulling people for broke taillights?

Chief Superintendent Deegan was on his day off when Paddy was killed, and when he came back, the whole matter was done and dusted. No investigation, no post-mortem, no manslaughter charges, no inquiries or tribunals.
    The entire Bishop family were able to fly off to Spain without even leaving a forwarding address.

coolhull wrote: »
    Chief Superintendent Deegan was on his day off when Paddy was killed, and when he came back, the whole matter was done and dusted. No investigation, no post-mortem, no manslaughter charges, no inquiries or tribunals.
    The entire Bishop family were able to fly off to Spain without even leaving a forwarding address.

Seriously? What about funeral? Was his body hidden? Reported as deceased?

Sorry for all the Qs, but this is bonkers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

walshb wrote: »

Who cares. Its all about Jnr's ears these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I reckon SuperDoc def has cancer.

Who cares. Its all about Jnr's ears these days

No, one ear down, and one to go. Ear!

Well I do remember he was buried somewhere (off-screen) but there was no after funeral meal or anything.
    Yeah his death was reported all right, and a Garda spenta few minutes in the house. Someone, maybe Dr Judy, then told the mother that the killing was self-defence. Everyone went off to Spain with a clear concience, and the entire matter was forgotten about, except by us Boardies. Then I think Charlie developed piles or bunions or something, and that subject took everyone's minds off a brutal killing for a few weeks. Carrigstown folks know what the real priorities are in life!
    Bonkers? Of course it is, but its Fair City!
    Its how most matters are dealt with in that part of Dublin, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It must be a very cold hospital, Orla never takes off that coat even when she is in the ward.

No, one ear down, and one to go. Ear!

'ear, 'ear!
    By the way, has Junior got a medical card or something? Never a mention of medical expenses. And considering that the pub employs at least 3 staff to serve no more than twelve costumers, things must be tight. But of course there's never any sign of the recession in Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Funeral? Don't tell me you've forgotten the coffee jar urn and the many episodes of Decco staring at it, not sure whether to make a cuppa or scatter the contents at the back of the pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

Pretzill wrote: »
    Funeral? Don't tell me you've forgotten the coffee jar urn and the many episodes of Decco staring at it, not sure whether to make a cuppa or scatter the contents at the back of the pig.

Oh yes, I had forgotten they put Paddy's ashes into a Gold Blend jar...but in fairness, they did paint it black.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    I'll also donate my last years coat to Orla, if she'd agree to ditch that green yoke which seems to be embedded onto her....

You see her wearing a green coat?? I see brown!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    I'll also donate my last years coat to Orla, if she'd agree to ditch that green yoke which seems to be embedded onto her....

Orla is next for that hospital bed,
    To have that coat surgicaly removed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

You see her wearing a green coat?? I see brown!

White and gold! Surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

but but but but...She's a mam! Mam's can't do everything. She has a baby!!!

She can't change her clothes for the first time in weeks.....She's a frazzled mam like!!!

Oh yes, I had forgotten they put Paddy's ashes into a Gold Blend jar...but in fairness, they did paint it black.

Paddy had no heart, that's the reason for the bloodless stabbing.

Is it her grandmothers coat by any chance? It looks ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Is it her grandmothers coat by any chance? It looks ancient.

I think it was from Penney's last year, but it certainly looks as if it's suffering from premature ageing!

Well I do remember he was buried somewhere (off-screen) but there was no after funeral meal or anything.
    Yeah his death was reported all right, and a Garda spenta few minutes in the house. Someone, maybe Dr Judy, then told the mother that the killing was self-defence. Everyone went off to Spain with a clear concience, and the entire matter was forgotten about, except by us Boardies. Then I think Charlie developed piles or bunions or something, and that subject took everyone's minds off a brutal killing for a few weeks. Carrigstown folks know what the real priorities are in life!
    Bonkers? Of course it is, but its Fair City!
    Its how most matters are dealt with in that part of Dublin, apparently.

There would have to be an inquest and a criminal court case of some description. Even if the belief was that the mother (and not Charlotte) had killed in self defence, she would have to stand trial for this on a charge of manslaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

It must be a very cold hospital, Orla never takes off that coat even when she is in the ward.

It would be easy to heat it as it only has 1 bed.

Strazdas wrote: »
    There would have to be an inquest and a criminal court case of some description. Even if the belief was that the mother (and not Charlotte) had killed in self defence, she would have to stand trial for this on a charge of manslaughter.

Yes in the real world, of course there would have to be investigations.But the connection between Fair City and the real world are extremely tenuous.
    Dolly's missing million euro? No investigation.
    Greasy's theft of cars from the garage? No investigation.
    Dan selling smuggled spirits? No investigation.
    Jane defrauding Paul of thousands, and trying to it again the second time? No investigation.
    I could go on, but life is too short.

Yes in the real world, of course there would have to be investigations.But the connection between Fair City and the real world are extremely tenuous.
    Dolly's missing million euro? No investigation.
    Greasy's theft of cars from the garage? No investigation.
    Dan selling smuggled spirits? No investigation.
    Jane defrauding Paul of thousands, and trying to it again the second time? No investigation.
    I could go on, but life is too short.

They're not overly fond of court cases I notice on FC, unlike their UK soap counterparts. The only ones I can remember in the last two or three years were Yvonne's rape trial and the one where Doug was charged with stealing a car and crashing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

missed a few episodes - why did Charlotte come back from Spain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

missed a few episodes - why did Charlotte come back from Spain?

To annoy us all some more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement