Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

At least Ama got Doug to do the painting first, before she turned him down.

Clever nuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

FC makes Dublin look like a rediculously small place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

At least Ama got Doug to do the painting first, before she turned him down.

Clever nuss.

No, she didn't, he only got as far as putting his overalls on.. :)

No mention of, what's his name, car.
    Dan oh Dan, 'what do we do with Dan' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Contender for one of the worst ever episodes of FC. This time last month, Oscar worthy scenes of Heather losing the plot poisoning her daughter and the affair being common knowledge. This week, I dunno, some young fella staying with Paul and Niamh.

Sigh...............:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That basketball 'story' is some load of nonsense.

Contender for one of the worst ever episodes of FC. This time last month, Oscar worthy scenes of Heather losing the plot poisoning her daughter and the affair being common knowledge. This week, I dunno, some young fella staying with Paul and Niamh.

Sigh...............:(:(

That Heather stuff was great, they really upped their game there, then they let themselves down and just throw a mish-mash of shyte at us.. .. I still love it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd like Nicola and Clar to stay around

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd like Nicola and Clar to stay around

Me too. I love /hate the snotty B.
    He had 6 years in boarding school, I'd say Paul paid for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What is wrong with the females in Carrigstown? Doug is so lovely.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Honestly, not sure why I still keep watching it but I do! The hubby thinks I'm insane! I only watch fair city and Emerdale.

Doug and Ama are doing my head in. She was once such a prude and now there's 3 in question... Really?! Paul and Niamh are irritating as always and now we have Nicola and Oisin back on the scene.. Save me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Robbie may have only played one game of basketball, however Dan neglected to mention it was THE longest running basketball game of all time, spanning a whole 2 episodes !!

fin12 wrote: »
    What is wrong with the females in Carrigstown? Doug is so lovely.....

He is lovely .. but there's no girls his age in FC.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Hah. They were all freezing their bollixes off playing wheelchair basketball. Most underwhelming response ever to dans grand plan to become the Barcelona of the Irish wheelchair basketball scene. Can't endure much more of this condor ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

sligojoek wrote: »
    That basketball 'story' is some load of nonsense.

Don't see the purpose in reviving this again. The first time around I suppose its purpose was to sort of lighten the mood and to tease the audience when the Cathal Spillane/Ballintyne/Flynn story was on. Now it serves no purpose whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

He is lovely .. but there's no girls his age in FC.. :(

They at last decided to revive the Doug and Ama story. At least it is more interesting than the basketball one!!!!! I am not sure what age Ama is supposed to even be. Doug is 24 according to a recent episode. Ama could be that or older. I'd say older but not by much. 28 I'd reckon.

I think Ama has treated Doug poorly and she seems to contradict herself by saying Doug is worth a lot more than Emmett but she will contemplate a date with the latter and not the former. Emmett is not the settling down type but will be gone. Doug has been a better friend to Ama than most but she will only realise it ... when Doug is with Charlotte or Rachel.

FC anyways has a habit of pairing the most unlikely couples. Some include Caoimhe and Damian, Barry and Niamh, Suzanne and Morgan Hitler, Michael and Niamh, and Paul and quite a few dodgy girlfriends like that car dealership owner. So I suppose ones like Doug and Charlotte along with Ama and Oisin will be more normal in many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Don't see the purpose in reviving this again. The first time around I suppose its purpose was to sort of lighten the mood and to tease the audience when the Cathal Spillane/Ballintyne/Flynn story was on. Now it serves no purpose whatsoever.
    It also served the purpose of getting Dan and Sally together and eventually shipping them off to England. But now the fu*ker is back. Maybe he'll get off with the new girl on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Charlotte met Oisin yet, could see her going after another of Rachel's brothers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Charlotte met Oisin yet, could see her going after another of Rachel's brothers

Charlotte and Oshien? I can't see that happening, he'd see her as 'below' him.... I'm thinking another brother & sister thing but I can't see that been done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wtf happened to the 'stay out of Mallow' threat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I hope they get fleeced the brennan that is. Niamh can't wait to get shot, Paul is his father so no reason he shouldn't have the inconvenience after how many years. Niamh goes into the sunset now back feet firmly under the table, I'm glad oisin is throwing a spanner on the works. Ha I think my dislike of the characters got to me there

I hope they get fleeced the brennan that is. Niamh can't wait to get shot, Paul is his father so no reason he shouldn't have the inconvenience after how many years. Niamh goes into the sunset now back feet firmly under the table, I'm glad oisin is throwing a spanner on the works. Ha I think my dislike of the characters got to me there

Exactly Nicola has reared him all along, it's his turn now.... I hope he is as well absolutely fleeced... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

FC anyways has a habit of pairing the most unlikely couples. Some include Caoimhe and Damian, Barry and Niamh, Suzanne and Morgan Hitler, Michael and Niamh, and Paul and quite a few dodgy girlfriends like that car dealership owner. So I suppose ones like Doug and Charlotte along with Ama and Oisin will be more normal in many ways.

I think caoimhe and Damien were always made for each other.

fin12 wrote: »
    Exactly Nicola has reared him all along, it's his turn now.... I hope he is as well absolutely fleeced... :)

What? He's about "30,"as well as a complete fcuking stranger. He Said it to Niamh himself, that she's well used to taking in Paul's strays! Another ridiculous story, just like toerag Callum turning up and moving in, and Niamh supposed to just accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

walshb wrote: »
    What? He's about "30,"as well as a complete fcuking stranger. He Said it to Niamh himself, that she's well used to taking in Paul's strays! Another ridiculous story, just like toerag Callum turning up and moving in, and Niamh supposed to just accept it.

He's about 19 or 20, and Niamh knew him as a kid.

dee_mc wrote: »
    He's about 19 or 20, and Niamh knew him as a kid.

I was deliberately exaggerating the age. The point is that it's ludicrous to think that strays can pop out of nowhere and expect to just waltz in to the home of their "dad" with the wife having to toe the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Strays..., he is his son he is his responsibility

Strays..., he is his son he is his responsibility

That's just it. The only connection is DNA. He's had next to no involvement in Oisin's life, and even less in Callum's life. Being a dad and father is a whole lot more than impregnating a woman. Plus, both lads are adults. Don Brennan has no responsibility for them.

Niamh accept what??she can't pick and choose what kids of Paul's are welcome or not, all she is concerned about is less of Paul's money being available to her...

She married to a man who is a 4 by 4, she should be used to it by now.

• Advertisement

I was deliberately exaggerating the age. The point is that it's ludicrous to think that strays can pop out of nowhere and expect to just waltz in to the home of their "dad" with the wife having to toe the line.

I think it's horrible to call him a stray, Oisin had no choice when he was a kid whether Paul was in his life or not, I don't know what reasons Paul had for not playing an active role in Oisins life as a child seeing as he only lived in Cork. You also don't stop being a parent when ur kid turns 18.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement