Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

walshb wrote: »
    That's just it. The only connection is DNA. He's had next to no involvement in Oisin's life, and even less in Callum's life. Being a dad and father is a whole lot more than impregnating a woman. Plus, both lads are adults. Don Brennan has no responsibility for them.

But when he shows up at his door regardless of the age he does have a responsibility. For niamh i would say it's tough he has children he has to take responsibility. He's no stray just because he shipped him off to cork doesn't means he's gone out of sight out of mind.
    Ama and Emmet, they do say opposite attract

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

fin12 wrote: »
    I think it's horrible to call him a stray, Oisin had no choice when he was a kid whether Paul was in his life or not, I don't know what reasons Paul had for not playing an active role in Oisins life as a child seeing as he only lived in Cork. You also don't stop being a parent when ur kid turns 18.

Its a TV show. It isn't real. They are actors playing characters. We can call them anything we like.:D

But when he shows up at his door regardless of the age he does have a responsibility. For niamh i would say it's tough he has children he has to take responsibility. He's no stray just because he shipped him off to cork doesn't means he's gone out of sight out of mind.
    Ama and Emmet, they do say opposite attract

All this is the fault of thick FC writers. We can't debate the "reality" aspects of a TV show if the writers are poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think it's horrible to call him a stray, Oisin had no choice when he was a kid whether Paul was in his life or not, I don't know what reasons Paul had for not playing an active role in Oisins life as a child seeing as he only lived in Cork. You also don't stop being a parent when ur kid turns 18.
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    Its a TV show. It isn't real. They are actors playing characters. We can call them anything we like.:D

Yes, within reason. Callum was a complete stray. Oisin? Had the writers even bothered to mention or include him the past 10-15 years I could understand the story somewhat. But not a sniff. So, yes, a stray is what he is. He said it himself to Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Grandeeod wrote: »

Ya but this stuff happens in real life.

• Advertisement

Ya but this stuff happens in real life.

You are right, it does. But FC and its careless writing team make sure that anything depicted is so far removed from reality that it makes no sense. Oisin hasn't existed for donkeys years and it doesn't take literary craft to make a small mention of a fathers kid from a previous relationship. It takes nothing more than a writers understanding of characters and their back story.

Ah poor doug lol playa ama
    I am starting to like dan. Nicola must of only brought one set of clothes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Dan just called something dull!

Dan.
    Just.
    Called.
    Something.
    Dull..................!

Niamh is a cow. Delighted nicola wanted to hear it from the father not the woman that ran away with the Christmas tree luminator

Anyone else completely switching off with the Dan story and Bunion Kelly 1916 story?

• Advertisement

Niamh is a cow. Delighted nicola wanted to hear it from the father not the woman that ran away with the Christmas tree luminator

C'mon, what husband would treat his wife like that in front of his ex? I must be D only one who thinks this story is so far fetched when all the facts are considered!

Shut the f up Charlie.
    Charlie: "Good evening Ray,come in now with me, and what can I do for you"

Ray: "You can stop with that fake awful accent for start, bury your wife and remember your other wife you annoying ##git"

The exact same plot as Callum and Jane. Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

walshb wrote:
    Anyone else completely switching off with the Dan story and Bunion Kelly 1916 story?

Is it like never ending stupid ****e. How long is it even going on for???

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oisin should team up with Wayne

walshb wrote: »
    C'mon, what husband would treat his wife like that in front of his ex? I must be D only one who thinks this story is so far fetched when all the facts are considered!

You most certainly are not!

Has Paul forgotten that Niamh went off and shagged a younger bloke!!!

He just treated her like **** tonight with the my house, I own it BS.

Yet more crappy writing from Montrose.:rolleyes:

Paul always does this to Niamh

It's my money it's my house

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

is there any coincidence between me mentioning cappachino being thrown in Paul's face by orla and Oisin now ordering a cappachino?

Where the f is he going to sleep?? The maximum that house has is three bedrooms. Ruth, Rachel and Paul and Niamh. It is a two up two down house. This man is bringing in 2.5 million per year......why in God's name is he living in a cramped terraced house.

Christ Almighty

• Advertisement

Paul always does this to Niamh

It's my money it's my house

It's so unrealistic. And she storms off every time only to return for more. No doubt the 'whore' comment will be left. Any normal wife would relay this to the hubby. Not a FC wife.

But why in God's name can't Niamh not accept her husband owes a duty towards his son. She shouldn't put paul in the position everytime that he has to argue his case to her that he is obliged to bare some responsibility to his spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Where the f is he going to sleep?? The maximum that house has is three bedrooms. Ruth, Rachel and Paul and Niamh. It is a two up two down house. This man is bringing in 2.5 million per year......why in God's name is he living in a cramped terraced house.

Christ Almighty

Rachel is living in the ridiculous Pod now, Odious Oisin mentioned he would be taking her room

dee_mc wrote: »
    Rachel is living in the ridiculous Pod now, Odious Oisin mentioned he would be taking her room

I must have missed that when I muted every scene he was in. But even when callum was there?? Did he sleep on the staircase?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I must have missed that when I muted every scene he was in. But even when callum was there?? Did he sleep on the staircase?

He slept in the bath
    Nah I dunno, sure we have never been upstairs in that house have we?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

House is bigger than a 2 up 2 down I'm sure. Didn't they buy the Dillons former home and they would have had four (some grown up) kids along with Tommy & the doctor wife (name escaping me).

Paul needs a slapping with his "MY" house comments.
    Oisin needs a major slapping with calling Niamh a wh*re!! His own mother and father are equally as bad. Hadn't Paul slept with some one shortly before Niamh hooked up with Michael??

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

muggles wrote: »
    House is bigger than a 2 up 2 down I'm sure. Didn't they buy the Dillons former home and they would have had four (some grown up) kids along with Tommy & the doctor wife (name escaping me).

Oisin needs a major slapping with calling Niamh a wh*re!! His own mother and father are equally as bad. Hadn't Paul slept with some one shortly before Niamh hooked up with Michael??

Funny how that house somehow got bigger when the Dillons bought it from Dolores. It was probably a 3 bed-semi before and all of a sudden they had separate bedrooms for Dr Hiya & The Ram, Neassa, Caoimhe, Dearbhla, and Zak. Not forgetting 'the den' - a second sitting room with a massive couch.

muggles wrote: »

When i say two up two down i mean bedrooms! Most you would get is three bedrooms. Remember you have a bathroom up there also (hopefully!) Bedroom above the living room (Don Paulionis suite) and then two box rooms at the back . And that is very much pushing it. Unless Pails is a tiny box room. Also I'm talking of the perception that the house is that small! We all know they don't really sleep there! So it doesn't matter a monkeys 😄

Oh and when The Dillon lived there the three girls shared a double bed (according to my dream) and of course we all know The Ram only sleeps in attics!!! Speaking of which, the attic may be converted.

The Doyle was the worst. They brought up 6 or 7 kids in their tiny gaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Where's Callum ? They would want to bring him back to split Oisinn with a headbutt and send him packing ! What age is Oisinn meant to be and where in Cork did he pick up his annoying accenct , and I think he picked up Dermot Fahys coat there aswell .
    If Paul has payed his maintenance why would he owe the Nicola and Oisinn anything now ?
    How is Paul supposed to be earning €2.5 million a year selling a lock of cars and renting a few shop units ?
    Is there any way if the writers are reading this that ye might give us something half believable to watch and not this horse crap !

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »
    Where's Callum ? They would want to bring him back to split Oisinn with a headbutt and send him packing ! What age is Oisinn meant to be and where in Cork did he pick up his annoying accenct , and I think he picked up Dermot Fahys coat there aswell .
    If Paul has payed his maintenance why would he owe the Nicola and Oisinn anything now ?
    How is Paul supposed to be earning €2.5 million a year selling a lock of cars and renting a few shop units ?
    Is there any way if the writers are reading this that ye might give us something half believable to watch and not this horse crap !

Maintenance is maintenance . And is essentially a contribution to Nicola to look after his son. Oisin is his son and you'd like to think he'd look after him starting out like he has done with Rachel. Especially when he gloats about being a multi millionaire! !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement