Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

Paul always does this to Niamh

It's my money it's my house

He was begging Niamh to get back together a few months ago. She did !
    (and there could be a reason she ran off with Michael in the first place....ahem Paul??
    ....he's no saint when it comes to bedding women himself !)

I'd tell him where to shove his money and his house if he treated me like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Maintenance is maintenance . And is essentially a contribution to Nicola to look after his son. Oisin is his son and you'd like to think he'd look after him starting out like he has done with Rachel. Especially when he gloats about being a multi millionaire! !!

Rachel has looked after that younger daughter alot over the years and especially when Niamh left them while that young lad was playing with his maintenance money in boarding school and for that she deserves a bit of a start in life .
    Even at that she is very young to run a hostel just out of school - its unbelievable really that he wouldn't have a proper manager for a year or so to show her the ropes .

I must have missed that when I muted every scene he was in. But even when callum was there?? Did he sleep on the staircase?

Who the f##k cares ??
    Nothing makes sense in FC . Why try to be logical and figure things out? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Bullocks wrote: »
    Rachel has looked after that younger daughter alot over the years and especially when Niamh left them while that young lad was playing with his maintenance money in boarding school and for that she deserves a bit of a start in life .
    Even at that she is very young to run a hostel just out of school - its unbelievable really that he wouldn't have a proper manager for a year or so to show her the ropes .

who said Paul payed for Boarding school for him, nobody mentioned how it was financed. Oisin wasn't given the opportunity to have a relationship with Paul or his siblings so its nothing to do with Oisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,148 ✭✭✭✭walshb

fin12 wrote: »
    who said Paul payed for Boarding school for him, nobody mentioned how it was financed. Oisin wasn't given the opportunity to have a relationship with Paul or his siblings so its nothing to do with Oisin.

But where in the script for the past 10-12 years has Paulio referenced that he was being frozen out of Oisin's life? Sourpuss too hasn't referenced it, nor anyone else.That's the main issue with the story. Oisin arrives unannounced after years of nothing, and Paulio is supposed to take straight over, and completely dismiss his wife's genuine concerns, as well as completely railroading her in front of his ex. Not quite as ridiculous as Callum swanning in and taking over, but on the same level. People need to look beyond the 'he's their father' angle. He's not. He's Sourpuss's and Ruuuthieee's father. He has been nothing but a sperm donor regarding Callum, and a completely absent 'father' as regards Oisin.

Anyway, too much time here spent on debate. Let's get back to the beauty of this thread: Pi€s taking!

• Advertisement

Why on earth would she waste money on a manager. The hostel runs itself. Guests arrive, with the ability to speak removed. They walk in, Sourpuss writes it down and bingo, the money's rolling in. Most of them are not even seen. It's a military operation that doesn't need additional staff. One Sourpuss is all it takes, and if it ever does encounter problems, Adam's app will sort it!

walshb wrote: »
    But where in the script for the past 10-12 years has Paulio referenced that he was being frozen out of Oisin's life? Sourpuss too hasn't referenced it, nor anyone else.That's the main issue with the story. Oisin arrives unannounced after years of nothing, and Paulio is supposed to take straight over, and completely dismiss his wife's genuine concerns, as well as completely railroading her in front of his ex. Not quite as ridiculous as Callum swanning in and taking over, but on the same level. People need to look beyond the 'he's their father' angle. He's not. He's Sourpuss's and Ruuuthieee's father. He has been nothing but a sperm donor regarding Callum, and a completely absent 'father' as regards Oisin.

because Oisin is an an adult now and has the choice to go to him and build a relationship when he was a child it would have been up to Paul to visit him, I dont think Paul was frozen out of his life, he clearly just had no interest being involved in his life. The years of nothing is not Oisin's fault, he was a child then. I dont agree with that at all so just because he wasn't involved in their lifes as children he should have nothing to do with them now in adulthood:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

I do remember Paul mentioning him a few times over the years and just thought it was weird that he never visited or was mentioned at Christmas and other times but he was occasionally referenced. It is totally ridiculous though in soaps in general when people make threats and horrible statements to people when on their own and then they dont mention it to their partners like Oisin and his comments to Niamh, in real life no one would do that as it would be said back. Happens in all soaps though.

because Oisin is an an adult now and has the choice to go to him and build a relationship when he was a child it would have been up to Paul to visit him, I dont think Paul was frozen out of his life, he clearly just had no interest being involved in his life. The years of nothing is not Oisin's fault, he was a child then. I dont agree with that at all so just because he wasn't involved in their lifes as children he should have nothing to do with them now in adulthood:confused::confused:

there is no point is discussing this logically as though it was a real life situation. As you know from this thread, the writers are not in the real world, have never experienced issues like this, introduce characters and story lines ad nasuem that are just plucked from thin air and make them vanish never to be mentioned again.:confused: In real life you have a point..... in Fair City you don't. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

How do you know Osin was at boarding school?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

What's with the impressions of late? last night with Dan's rendition of a Birmingham accent and Niamh earlier in the week doing some old fogey Irish impression to Cass at the Centre both were toe curlingly awful. Another thing someone tell Paul the Pricks son to shave off his sorry attempt at a beard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

"My house"... When and if they divorce, it will be 50-50 and that includes your 2. 5m, Mr Brennen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Shakyfan wrote:
    Why when people were leaving the community centre did they head in the wrong direction (ie: towards the back)? Cass did it when he went to get his manuscript and Doug did the same when he went to leave.

Anyone notice the new EXIT signs in the community centre, pointing to the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Dan's character is utterly pointless. The storyline around him is utterly pointless.

There. I've said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

She deserves a hostel for babysitting her sister the odd time!! Come on :D

Who the f##k cares ??
    Nothing makes sense in FC . Why try to be logical and figure things out? :mad:

Jeez chill out Margaret!! And I thought you were sweet : D

Anyway, too much time here spent on debate. Let's get back to the beauty of this thread: Pi€s taking!

He's not Oisin father???? Are you for real??? So if your parents divorced and you moved away at ten years of age to a new place an hour and a half away, you are not your father's daughter. Seriously?? He wasn't absent either. His son moved away. Maybe we are to assume he visited Mallow the odd time.

Depends on how you define father! Biologically he is. Emotionally and physically he is not. Completely absent for many years according to the script, hence the stupidity of the now adult Oisin reappearing and just moving in, and the 'father' playing happy families.

Depends on how you define father! Biologically he is. Emotionally and physically he is not. Completely absent for many years according to the script, hence the stupidity of the now adult Oisin reappearing and just moving in, and the 'father' playing happy families.

its never too late to make up for lost time, if Paul decides to play the role of father now, whats wrong with that and Oisin has every right to turn up at his doorstep. Yes Paul doesn't have to let him move in but he should.

its never too late to make up for lost time, if Paul decides to play the role of father now, whats wrong with that and Oisin has every right to turn up at his doorstep. Yes Paul doesn't have to let him move in but he should.

But Niamh in no way deserves to be derided because she's not enthused, and because she's asking questions. Her reaction is the only part of this ridiculous story that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Never thought I'd be defending FC but I definitely did notice references to Oisin now and then over the years. As far as I remember,Paul did sometimes mention going down to Cork to see him or just having been down to see him and I'm sure one or two of Rachel's absences over the years have been explained as she's visiting her brother in Cork. Obviously nowhere near the amount that would occur in real life but in a soap where prominent cast members regularly disappear from their own town for months at a time and no-one mentions them or even notices,its not that surprising that a move to Cork would mean you're mentioned and missed even less!

Jeez chill out Margaret!! And I thought you were sweet : D

ha ha ... I know ..... but I'm just trying to say don't melt your head trying to figure out things on FC. I used to. But I had to relax and go with the total escapism that it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The Balatine hotel seems to be featured a lot recently, what, with Paul and Nicole meeting there..
    Oshien is over 18 now, he should be able to make his way in the world... Daddy, Paul could put him up in one of his houses / flats.. I'm sure that would be more comfortable for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,723 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul has been in contact with Oisin since he and Nicola split up, I remember a red haired Oisin visiting Paul, I thought he was gay :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paul has been in contact with Oisin since he and Nicola split up, I remember a red haired Oisin visiting Paul, I thought he was gay :o

When was that? I can't remember it. I do remember the original Oisin though. I wonder if he's still acting...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,595 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

happyday wrote: »
    When was that? I can't remember it. I do remember the original Oisin though. I wonder if he's still acting...

The never remember him visiting.
    The original Oisin is in a band. (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,723 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I vaguely remember Oisin visiting and thought he had red hair

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

cASS AND cHARLIE AND bELLA ALL GREETED oISIN Last week like they knew him all their lives. They're giving us the impression that he;s been up and down from Cork all the time. If that is the cse Nicola must have been getting maintenance all along. Other wise there would have been a court case and one of them would have been the winner. He's 20. Do the math, writers.

branie2 wrote: »
    How do you know Osin was at boarding school?

I read it here somewhere

• Advertisement

She deserves a hostel for babysitting her sister the odd time!! Come on :D

This is the thing , I said she deserved a bit of a start but a hostel a is bit much and not at all likely in a half real life

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement