Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

It was a good discussion though, don't you think, Vicki? :)

No, Darling, I don't. It bored the bejebus out of me. Lately when I come here, it feels like I'm in school, with the strict headmaster/mistress? slapping us on the wrist when we're naughty and don't agree with his/her opinion.

I'll say no more, or the good mods will pay us a visit. But seriously, I'm outta' here. I'll miss you guys and gals. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

How the hell can Katey afford a massive camera like that? Jaysis, even the BBC doesn't have such elaborate equipment.. And all just to film the rehearsals of a play that's so uninteresting that even Cass himself is losing heart. But of course Charlie ''is laying my reputation on the line''. What fcukin reputation, Charlie?
    And how come every time Ama and Eskimo-Boy meet up accidentally, poor simple Doug is always somewhere there to listen in on their conversations? Tonight they met and spoke at the Spar front entrance, and even though Dougie was way down at the coffee-maker, he could hear every word, and of course responded by making faces like a toddler dirtying its nappy.
    The show is gone so far down the complete sh!te route that I rarely post here anymore. Not that it was ever groundbreaking drama, but
    it used to provide us with a few laughs on here. I used to watch Coronation St. regularly, but that too went down the pan, bringing on stories of teenage angst that would put Home and Away in the shade. And now FC is doing the same. The way it's heading, only a few die-hards will continue watching, just like the Late Late Show audience, who just tune in now out of habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

No, Darling, I don't. It bored the bejebus out of me. Lately when I come here, it feels like I'm in school, with the strict headmaster/mistress? slapping us on the wrist when we're naughty and don't agree with his/her opinion.

I'll say no more, or the good mods will pay us a visit. But seriously, I'm outta' here. I'll miss you guys and gals. :(

Ah Vickie.... No need to bail-out... If we all agree with each other that would make this thread as boring as FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

coolhull wrote: »
    How the hell can Katey afford a massive camera like that? Jaysis, even the BBC doesn't have such elaborate equipment.. And all just to film the rehearsals of a play that's so uninteresting that even Cass himself is losing heart. But of course Charlie ''is laying my reputation on the line''. What fcukin reputation, Charlie?
    And how come every time Ama and Eskimo-Boy meet up accidentally, poor simple Doug is always somewhere there to listen in on their conversations? Tonight they met and spoke at the Spar front entrance, and even though Dougie was way down at the coffee-maker, he could hear every word, and of course responded by making faces like a toddler dirtying its nappy.
    The show is gone so far down the complete sh!te route that I rarely post here anymore. Not that it was ever groundbreaking drama, but
    it used to provide us with a few laughs on here. I used to watch Coronation St. regularly, but that too went down the pan, bringing on stories of teenage angst that would put Home and Away in the shade. And now FC is doing the same. The way it's heading, only a few die-hards will continue watching, just like the Late Late Show audience, who just tune in now out of habit.

You lie, Coolhull, :D.. Missed you, good to see you're still posting your disapproval... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Vickie, don't you dare leave us! In the last few months, a good few have stopped posting here (for various reasons) and we can't afford to lose the good ones.
    Stick with us, and this time next year we'll be millionair.. (sorry, wrong subject :o)
    Don't go! Don't go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Ama's stereotypical African accent is annoying and limits her as an actress but it's fair city so i guess it doesn't matter I've seen some of her interviews and showreels on youtube she'd be better off using her natural Irish accent

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heather needs to break out of her hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Did Emmett set Doug up with his "accidental" revelation that he knew about Ama's recent break up? Sounds like he did it deliberately to land Doug in trouble with her.

It was a good discussion though, don't you think, Vicki? :)

No. Not really :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Strazdas wrote: »
    Did Emmett set Doug up with his "accidental" revelation that he knew about Ama's recent break up? Sounds like he did it deliberately to land Doug in trouble with her.

Both Emmett and Ama are coming across as rather nasty pieces of work. Emmett can add scheming, badmindedness to tosser and Ama further shows her total insincerity and how poorly she treats friends. Doug should move on and leave Emmett and Oisin fight over Ama as they deserve her. Give me Cathal Spillane or Thomas Flynn anytime as friends! And at the back of it, Charlotte is much more decent than Ama too.

• Advertisement

I popped on here tonight to read and post about FC in general....and have a laugh.

Hadn't realised it had turned into the Ama/Alma thread. Almost as boring as the show itself now.

That's because this Ama one showing how poorly she treats her friends is as exciting as the storylines get at the moment. No one is gonna be talking about that basketball stuff anyways and I can't understand why this had to be even revived. They need to bring Cathal Spillane and Heather back as soon as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Vickie, don't you dare leave us! In the last few months, a good few have stopped posting here (for various reasons) and we can't afford to lose the good ones.
    Stick with us, and this time next year we'll be millionair.. (sorry, wrong subject :o)
    Don't go! Don't go!

Dont you leave either :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Ha is oisin trying to get in on the ama action too??
    I think doug should move on, I'm bored hearing about how much she loves being a nuss and showing up at work on a Sunday.

Ha is oisin trying to get in on the ama action too??
    I think doug should move on, I'm bored hearing about how much she loves being a nuss and showing up at work on a Sunday.

Oisin is not getting in on the Ama action so far but he and Emmett are the only two who deserve her. I think Charlotte can do better than Oisin. Charlotte is basically a good kid trying to act tougher than she actually is (similar to all the Bishops). Ama is a nasty piece of work pretending to be a lot nicer than she actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Oisin is not getting in on the Ama action so far but he and Emmett are the only two who deserve her. I think Charlotte can do better than Oisin. Charlotte is basically a good kid trying to act tougher than she actually is (similar to all the Bishops). Ama is a nasty piece of work pretending to be a lot nicer than she actually is.

ya there's something really fake about Ama, the way she strung along Damien was a joke and she never shuts up about her job either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The show is gone so far down the complete sh!te route that I rarely post here anymore..

:D
    Excellent description!

I seldom watch Fair City now, but read the thread occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

You're very intense with some of your replys... You really do seem like you want to get 'on top' of the the debate... You just seems aggressive when putting your point across, if someone is winning a argument with you, you'd say something like "leave it, move on" ..... I'm not just saying that because of our history....

WARNING: ANYONE THAT CLAIMS TO BE BORED/SICK/TIRED OF SERIOUS POSTS SKIP THIS ONE!

This is my last reply on this and you trying to turn it into a personal aspect has given me no option but to reply!

Oh great.one of these "you are so agressive" posts! Is it not better to cease a conversation at some stage . Personally I was getting sick of it so I said let's leave it. Just because there are no jokes in the post, smiley faces or exclamation marks doesn't make it "agressive". It wasn't exactly the funniest of topics but not every post has to be hilarious even though 99% of my posts steer away from serious aspects.

And just to let you know, the nature of a debate is to get your point across. Otherwise why engage! If you want to call that getting on top that's fair enough. I agree the conversation was getting out of hand and that's why I said let's leave it. I honestly thought my points were fair and made sense, you disagreed but that doesnt mean either are "winning". Disagree with my point but no need to call someone aggressive if they retort with another point.

I can't even remember "our history", whatever you mean by that! I do recall yourself and another poster disagreeing with me sometime. However if something happened on a forum so long sgo that still resonates with you, and you are going to keep bringing it up or my posts irritate you gladly block me.

I'm going to step out of this thread for a while now (most of you will be happy to hear!) as, like a FC episode there is no point recycling the same points over and over again! It's boring for other posters.

In future though, as I extend a virtual handshake, can I request that posts like above be DM to me. Calling someone aggressive on a thread is unfair. As I said otherwise block me.

Sorry everyone else for this long post!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I didn't interpret the posts as at all aggressive, and regarding Ama and the nit picking about her circumstances: I don't get it. Just take her for what she is, a character that is originally from Zambia who now lives in a fictional town. As the poster TTB said, FC are hardly going to employ a heap of black actors to mingle with her to try and make her character more believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I think someone needs to give Doug a tap on the shoulder about his coffee addiction.

Last night he was sitting in Vinos one minute (drinking coffee) then in Spar (getting a coffee) and then dropped into McCoys (not sure if it was for a coffee but seeing as how Ray was off for the day and he was holding fort I doubt he went in to get hammered). All this happened before lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

The problem with this soap is, that apart from Don Brennan and maybe Wayne, nobody seems to have a thought out character at all so its really just a series of short stories played out over the actors six week runs. Once that's over the story, its consequences etc are completely forgotten about and when the actor comes back they could be completely different as a new short story emerges.

Hence Ama is now totally different to how she was in January and the fact that her ex Damo did the dirt on her with Caoimhe is forgotten about and she now seeks relationship advice from the very person that ruined one of her previous relationships.

• Advertisement

Coat22 wrote: »
    The problem with this soap is, that apart from Don Brennan and maybe Wayne, nobody seems to have a thought out character at all so its really just a series of short stories played out over the actors six week runs. Once that's over the story, its consequences etc are completely forgotten about and when the actor comes back they could be completely different as a new short story emerges.

Hence Ama is now totally different to how she was in January and the fact that her ex Damo did the dirt on her with Caoimhe is forgotten about and she now seeks relationship advice from the very person that ruined one of her previous relationships.

That makes sense. Look how the likes of Heather, Caoimhe and Orla changed. Those Heather episodes in December and January were very good but she was a different Heather to the one we saw a few years ago. A very different person. Paul, Niamh, Wayne, Cass, Charlie and Bob have always been the same I found. Ama has changed a lot and not for the better. Changes in characters like Tommy were more convincing.

Coat22 wrote: »
    I think someone needs to give Doug a tap on the shoulder about his coffee addiction.

But when the cups and mugs are empty there's no need for concern!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Both Emmett and Ama are coming across as rather nasty pieces of work. Emmett can add scheming, badmindedness to tosser and Ama further shows her total insincerity and how poorly she treats friends. Doug should move on and leave Emmett and Oisin fight over Ama as they deserve her. Give me Cathal Spillane or Thomas Flynn anytime as friends! And at the back of it, Charlotte is much more decent than Ama too.

Emmett seems a big step down from Dr. Shane and Damien for Ama. He looks the shallow "love 'em and leave 'em" type, but then again she seems to have changed herself a lot following her big break up.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Emmett seems a big step down from Dr. Shane and Damien for Ama. He looks the shallow "love 'em and leave 'em" type, but then again she seems to have changed herself a lot following her big break up.

Maybe it's her who's the real wh&^e, and not Niamh!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    ya there's something really fake about Ama, the way she strung along Damien was a joke and she never shuts up about her job either.

Have we meet the new doctor yet, or is Ama doctor, nurse and receptionist there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

walshb wrote: »
    Maybe it's her who's the real wh&^e, and not Niamh!:P
    Speaking of Niamh - have you noticed she is now 'back to black' both herself and Paul look like they've started a Funeral Directors' business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Have we meet the new doctor yet, or is Ama doctor, nurse and receptionist there

I think she mentioned it sometime about the new doctor had called her on the phone, I think the new doctor could be a woman.

The cut of that sleeveless v neck geansai paul was wearing Sunday. My god it was bad.
    What business is oisin in with Charlie? Helping insomniacs sleep by conversing about the historical society?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

walshb wrote: »
    How she's pussyfooting around Oisin after him calling her a whore a few days ago?

Waiting for her time to strike or until the writers forget about the whole storyline

• Advertisement

Why is ama confiding in the person that stole her man!!
    Ou angry ama...I'm scared. Not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement