Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

What two young ones would go into an empty pub in the middle of the day to have an orange juice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Nice tassels rach

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What two young ones would go into an empty pub in the middle of the day to have an orange juice?

Two best friends who can't fcuking stand each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That stupid background music in the Hungry Pig does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

is Ama a doctor now?

• Advertisement

Anyone twig where that basketball court? No offense to anyone but when did wheelchair basketball become such a big thing? Could they not spring for a hall for filming?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

This play ****e is twistin my melon man.

Surely when Dean walks or runs to the podium to collect his Olympic gold medal the Condors will get disqualified!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Good man Doug!

Worst beer garden in Dublin award goes to ..... Mc,coys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

That makes sense. Look how the likes of Heather, Caoimhe and Orla changed. Those Heather episodes in December and January were very good but she was a different Heather to the one we saw a few years ago. A very different person. Paul, Niamh, Wayne, Cass, Charlie and Bob have always been the same I found. Ama has changed a lot and not for the better. Changes in characters like Tommy were more convincing.
    from salt of de earth Dublin twang to posh accent? :p

Worst bistro in Dublin award goes to the ...bistro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Oisin's accent.... has the chap ever been to cork

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Ok I know the fun of FC is the bad acting and terrible storylines... But I think a new low has been reached.

And isn't Rachel supposed to be a student? I don't think I've once seen her tackle assignments, exams or study. Which is a bit crazy considering the drama around her leaving cert.

squadro wrote: »
    This play ****e is twistin my melon man.

At the moment we have 4 stories. 3 are horrendously boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Worst Soap in the world award goes to.....:D

What was the name of the burger Oisin ordered in the pig yesterday.? I know it's pig related but can't remember.

Coat22 wrote: »
    The problem with this soap is, that apart from Don Brennan and maybe Wayne, nobody seems to have a thought out character at all so its really just a series of short stories played out over the actors six week runs. Once that's over the story, its consequences etc are completely forgotten about and when the actor comes back they could be completely different as a new short story emerges.

Hence Ama is now totally different to how she was in January and the fact that her ex Damo did the dirt on her with Caoimhe is forgotten about and she now seeks relationship advice from the very person that ruined one of her previous relationships.

Please explain the 6 week run to me? Does that mean Carrieanne will be back? Is there actually some possibility of them returning the the Wayne/Robbie/Carol/Uber X story? Will we EVER see Header again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

squadro wrote: »
    What was the name of the burger Oisin ordered in the pig yesterday.? I know it's pig related but can't remember.

I think it was a Greedy Hog, how disgusting does that sound?!

The godfather Brennan loves his ****in toast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Does anyone know exactly what Oisin and Charlottes business is? He organised a 'meet and mingle' picked up booze from Charlotte's 'supplier' in a nicked van and now they have profit????

katkin wrote: »
    Does anyone know exactly what Oisin and Charlottes business is? He organised a 'meet and mingle' picked up booze from Charlotte's 'supplier' in a nicked van and now they have profit????

Why are you surprised? This is Charlit, after all. The business queen that turned a profit with a wheelbarow, a trowel and a handful of manky carrots!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Alright why the heck is everyone call Ama Nuss?

bazermc wrote: »

Duuurrty nuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

bazermc wrote: »

Listen to the way she says it.

Dan annoys me
    Oisin is a douche

my god why is it always night time in the hungry pig

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Every time I think I'll stop watching fair city i just remember the moment Tommy the ram swiped the cash from the hotel and gave a wad of it to the homeless fella...so smooth!
    In my head, the theme tune from Shaft is playing as he drives off into the distance. It's the risk of missing moments like this that keep me tuning in!
    More Tommy please writers!
    Actually the shaft theme tune should play every time Tommy makes an appearance!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

What happened to Robbie's quest to find his real mother? He couldn't give a hoot nowadays...too busy tending to his lustrous locks!
    Derm's and Hayley AWOL from the office.
    Gas how Carol can run a fleet of taxi's from her mobile but Decco needs an office and staff to manage one van!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Oisin's accent.... has the chap ever been to cork
    It's a bogger accent, according to Charlotte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Please explain the 6 week run to me? Does that mean Carrieanne will be back? Is there actually some possibility of them returning the the Wayne/Robbie/Carol/Uber X story? Will we EVER see Header again?

Surely you've noticed how characters "disappear" without an explanation for months on end and then all magically reappear on Sunday evenings?

It happens in most soaps, the actors do a full on stint for a while, then go off rota, bit like Oil Riggers except they can all be found in a brothel in Aberdeen while they're away. :) The difference with FC and most soaps is the disappearance is rarely explained (occasionally they "go to Galway" or are committed to a mental institution but mostly they just stop showing up in Spar, McCoys and the Doctors Surgery.

But the biggest failure in the scripting of this sh*te is the lack on continuity so there is no link to what went on in the past once the actor reappears so expect Hedder and Me Daaaaaa to turn up some Sunday as best buddies, Ellie gone from dopey mopey 11 year old to 16 year old hipster and Carrieanne to suddenly be the slapper of Carrigstown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement