Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

WTF was going on in Carrigstown yesterday that everyone needed to go to the doctor (who is actually the nuss)????

Even Ray was given a check up for no apparent reason.

I injuered my knee recently and it took me 3 days to get a referral letter from my GP to get an x-ray - I should have stuck Carrigstown in the sat nav and headed off there where you can just rock in with your cup and coffee and door step the staff for whatever reason possible.

Also so sick of this 1916 sh*t on FC. Its tedious in the extreme, condescending and the writing / acting is its usual useless standards.

Thank God I'll probably have a few on me by Sunday night so I don't have to sit through the old codgers (plus one lesbian) re-enact the stories about how their auld lads brothers auld lad once took on the Brits with his saucepan and won.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Coat22 wrote: »
    Also so sick of this 1916 sh*t on FC. Its tedious in the extreme, condescending and the writing / acting is its usual useless standards.

Thank God I'll probably have a few on me by Sunday night so I don't have to sit through the old codgers (plus one lesbian) re-enact the stories about how their auld lads brothers auld lad once took on the Brits with his saucepan and won.

Not to derail the thread but why the need to label Katy? Why not just 'Katy?' There seems to be a lot of labeling of gay actors in soap. Nobody ever uses the term heterosexual when referring to straight characters; they just use the characters' names.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Coat22 wrote: »
    WTF was going on in Carrigstown yesterday that everyone needed to go to the doctor (who is actually the nuss)????

Even Ray was given a check up for no apparent reason.

I injuered my knee recently and it took me 3 days to get a referral letter from my GP to get an x-ray - I should have stuck Carrigstown in the sat nav and headed off there where you can just rock in with your cup and coffee and door step the staff for whatever reason possible.

Nuss Ama was running a drop-in clinic, checking people for 2 specific conditions - could've been blood pressure and diabetes.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Nuss Ama was running a drop-in clinic, checking people for 2 specific conditions - could've been blood pressure and diabetes.

Ah you're spot on - think I remember something about that as I slipped into a coma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Sometimes it occurs to me, if I could go on fc for a couple of weeks and be myself. What would ye all say about me on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I got extremely confused about last nights episode. So Charlit stole the van and it got clamped?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    Not to derail the thread but why the need to label Katy? Why not just 'Katy?' There seems to be a lot of labeling of gay actors in soap. Nobody ever uses the term heterosexual when referring to straight characters; they just use the characters' names.

I was thinking the same, and I'm not just talking about Coat22. Is it (still) socially acceptable to define women by their sexuality? Across the board a lot of people seem to think its normal to make fun of or constantly refer to homosexual women as 'the lesbian'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I got extremely confused about last nights episode. So Charlit stole the van and it got clamped?

Charlotte stole the keys to give to Oisin so he could pick up the booze from Charlotte’s contact, after that mission Ohsin dumped the van at Paul's garage where it got clamped, Paul paid the clamping fee.. :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same, and I'm not just talking about Coat22. Is it (still) socially acceptable to define women by their sexuality? Across the board a lot of people seem to think its normal to make fun of or constantly refer to homosexual women as 'the lesbian'

Its got nothing to do with their sexuality - its the fact that for a small community Carrigstown seems to have a lot of lesbians (and yet no gay men?).

I refer to Katy as "the lesbian" not in a derogatory manner but in attempted humour at the fact that she is one of the 4 characters that seem to misrepresent this section of society in Fair City.

If the place was full of Mormons or jihadists I wouldn't refer any differently.

In fact jihadists......its about time a few of the characters started coming back from their lay offs as militants! Maybe Zack, Pete and Callum? Then after their next lay off Bella and Charlie could "come back from Syria" and Deegan could arrest them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Are 'Meet + Mingles' a thing now? Something that the cool kids go to? Or is it just made up for FC?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

First mention of The Rising and I'm feckin the remote at the telly.

squadro wrote: »
    First mention of The Rising and I'm feckin the remote at the telly.

You couldn't think of a more boring story if you tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I hate "Mary's" put on accent. It feels wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

sligojoek wrote: »
    It's a bogger accent, according to Charlotte.

And when did Mary from Glenroe go all "Me-uerrr Stree"??:D

Someone book Sally a flight back to Birmingham pronto!

Sourpuss prefers a business that has no clients or guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

walshb wrote: »
    Someone book Sally a flight back to Birmingham pronto!

Book two flights please, she needs to take Dan with her...

Is Rocco still parking the car?

Is Rocco still parking the car?

Ah, me owl buddy, Rocco! Where are ya?

• Advertisement

Eh, party in reception. It's a 3 bed semi luv.

Eh, party in reception. It's a 3 bed semi luv.

Here's an idea. Ship that scaldy Sourpuss to Cork and leave Oisin. He's growing on me, plus he actually has half a business brain. And, I bet you wouldn't catch him trapcing half way around the world to get 450 euro back!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Very fetching shade of lippy on Oisin.
    My daughter is same age a Rachel and is college, she is in college 35 hours a weeks and studies every evening and weekends , she should be gone to Rachel's college she would have so much spare time to clip clop round the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Why on earth would business men and women go to a 'networking event' in the reception area of a hostel, with a few tinnies on the table???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Weeks of a build up of a non story with Dan and Sally, will he stay in Dublin or will he go back to Bermingham....alas, he stays with us
    Weeks of a build up of a non story about a play about the rising, which amounts to nothing and is now replaced by them recording their own personal stories connected to the rising.
    Weeks of Ama/Emmet/Doug will they won't they... and still nothing
    And the inevitable sibling rivalry between Oisin and Sourpuss....how did the writers think of that.
    Now that the clocks are going forward at the weekend and the evenings are getting brighter, I'm looking forward to weeks of not looking at this drivel. It's truly awful at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emmet sets his mitten fingers next on
    Farrah
    , Ama won't be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Quick tell Rachel, I've found Pearse hiding in a supermarket.

http://youtu.be/8TxhhdaGqu0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Man eater ama funny
    Missed tonight, was a well deserved break off the rising, I feel myself gloss over when those 4 characters bella and Co and mary start speaking.
    I long for the days of a good never mind the naysayers mantra from killer slappy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emmet sets his mitten fingers next on
    Farrah
    , Ama won't be happy
    Oh Ffs they're another completely different age group!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

What lucky lady will Emmet cast the cardigan over the shoulders of,...
    He reminds me of frodo from Lord of the rings in it, looks as manky as frodos cape

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement