Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

So concludes our week. The play and 1916 documentary are back on again. Oisin proves he has more initiative than Rachel. Doug shows he cannot stand up to Ama. Emmett shows he cannot take anything or anyone seriously including himself. And that basketball plot seems to be the long way about saying Dan will stay in Dublin. Sally will decide to stay with him I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That was brilliant, Rachel thought Paul was going to flip at Oisin but then he starts networking himself haha.

Ama playing hard to get is completely cringe....

Did anyone watch the fair city extra clip on Rte player, bens skipeing Dermot saying mum won't let him see or speak to Zoe and pleading to come home, don't know what going on really, has Jo kidnapped him now and Dermot will never see his son again? The clip is really confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

fin12 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the fair city extra clip on Rte player, bens skipeing Dermot saying mum won't let him see or speak to Zoe and pleading to come home, don't know what going on really, has Jo kidnapped him now and Dermot will never see his son again? The clip is really confusing.
    Was this today?

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Was this today?

It's a preview clip of Sunday's episode, it's on the rte player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emmet sets his mitten fingers next on
    Farrah
    , Ama won't be happy

Good enough for her though, she was warned about him more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

The friendship with Ama and Caoimhe. In reality, their main topic of conversation would be Caoimhes pregnancy, particularly after what happened to her last time. Not a mention, other than a referal about fizzy water...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

bazermc wrote:
    Quick tell Rachel, I've found Pearse hiding in a supermarket.

Would you think he would shop in his local store spar, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

How exactly is Charlotte making money from the 'business' she has with oisin?
    She says she has a 'contact' to provide the alcohol.....it's Spar isn't it Charlotte?!

The rising story line really is an all time low. Would rather watch paint dry....and their reactions to the videos of each other is so over the top! It's like the producers wanted to do the play storyline and then realised it'd be way too much effort so they just abandoned it half way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ama playing hard to get is completely cringe....

I take it she has completely lost her faith? She was conservative and religious when we first met her, now she's telling Caoimhe she just wants "fun" ie. casual hook ups with blokes like Emmett with no strings attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 New Delly

Hello ? Do they realise that the Rising anniversary is this weekend?

About the work in the centre, nobody in Carrigstown has even referred to it, considering there is hoarding all around it and they have to leave and enter through the back entrance. Whatever big job they are doing, its obviously not going to be an impediment to the "installation". Groan.

Why does Chawley have the veto on what goes on in the centre - does he not have to report to a committee or something?

Why did they go to the bother of getting rid of Dan only for him to come back? How has he suddenly the skills to assist in physical training classes - do you not need qualifiications for that? Another Fair City unexplained career change.

If Oisin got all the contacts for the "meet and mingle" from Pauls contact list, how come he was introducing him to people, like he had never met them before?

Caddle Cabs has come competition from Caffreys Cabs - mobile phones at dawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Dear god that uncle jimmy story told by Mary off glenroe. It couldn't get any worse. Oh wait it did man eater ama cracking a joke about the universe making her meet doug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Rachel is such a little weasel
    Ha delighted she ended up looking like a clown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

New Delly wrote: »
    Hello ? Do they realise that the Rising anniversary is this weekend?

About the work in the centre, nobody in Carrigstown has even referred to it, considering there is hoarding all around it and they have to leave and enter through the back entrance. Whatever big job they are doing, its obviously not going to be an impediment to the "installation". Groan.

Why does Chawley have the veto on what goes on in the centre - does he not have to report to a committee or something?

Why did they go to the bother of getting rid of Dan only for him to come back? How has he suddenly the skills to assist in physical training classes - do you not need qualifiications for that? Another Fair City unexplained career change.

If Oisin got all the contacts for the "meet and mingle" from Pauls contact list, how come he was introducing him to people, like he had never met them before?

Caddle Cabs has come competition from Caffreys Cabs - mobile phones at dawn!

Charlie owns the community centre, that would give him the final say in what goes on there... Sorry, can't answer your other questions.....
    I thought, thiefing Charlotte was working in the community centre coffee dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Charlie owns the community centre, that would give him the final say in what goes on there... Sorry, can't answer your other questions.....

Does he? That would be unusual. They're normally owned by the actual community and run by some sort of committee or funded by the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Strazdas wrote: »
    Does he? That would be unusual. They're normally owned by the actual community and run by some sort of committee or funded by the state.

I know what you're saying and that's how I'd see it but I think when Charlie, or his daughter won the lotto they set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I think Charlie sacked her after the party in his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Does anyone else agree that the current run of extremely poor storylines (Oisin suddenly turning up and in less than a week being everyones problem, Dan coming back out of the blue for no reason, the endless arguing about the play) represents a particularly low point for quality in FC (a word not used much for FC)? After the fantastic Heather storyline the script writing has really declined so much so that I don't even think I will continue to watch it, its that bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You mean to tell me you're not even impressed with the riveting love triangle with Nuss/Emmet and Doug?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

walshb wrote: »
    You mean to tell me you're not even impressed with the riveting love triangle with Nuss/Emmet and Doug?

Ha ha I cant take that storyline serious at all, simply for the fact that Nuss is clearly years older than both of them and yet she never seems to mention this fact! A simple "Doug, I don't date younger men" would put an end to all this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Ha ha I cant take that storyline serious at all, simply for the fact that Nuss is clearly years older than both of them and yet she never seems to mention this fact! A simple "Doug, I don't date pigeons" would put an end to all this nonsense.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

It's ridiculous the way characters disappear on FC.
    Farrah and her maaa went to visit Header in the hospital/institute and haven't been since.
    The supermarket runs itself, with one mute assistant on the till. And a proper shop would fcuk the characters out for clogging up the aisles, discussing their personal problems and seldom buying anything.
    The Pete/Tommy/Damien storyline was just left hanging, as was Carol's fantastic new limousine service.
    The thrilling tale of Pierce's new app, which kept us all on the edge of our seats for weeks, disappeared into thin air, as did Pierce himself.
    Hughie, Jane and Sniveller left the bar unattended for weeks now, though the 'must- not-be-named' barman Ste.. n made a miraculous appearance for 34 seconds last week.
    Stripey and Gripey vanished, presumably to save enough money to pay the fine that will be imposed for murder (The Yorkshire Ripper should have thought of that one)
    Leo, Mondo, Kerri - Anne, and Dolores have gone AWOL, as have Clar and Nicola
    So what we're left with is a few kids going through a teenage phase, a play that never was, and a nurse who seems to have qualified as a GP overnight.
    Really, the storylines on Peppa Pig are more interesting (and believable)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Go Condors!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Did he actually appear last week?? Been ages since I seen him on the show.

Steven In the bar btw

coolhull wrote: »
    It's ridiculous the way characters disappear on FC.
    Farrah and her maaa went to visit Header in the hospital/institute and haven't been since.
    The supermarket runs itself, with one mute assistant on the till. And a proper shop would fcuk the characters out for clogging up the aisles, discussing their personal problems and seldom buying anything.
    The Pete/Tommy/Damien storyline was just left hanging, as was Carol's fantastic new limousine service.
    The thrilling tale of Pierce's new app, which kept us all on the edge of our seats for weeks, disappeared into thin air, as did Pierce himself.
    Hughie, Jane and Sniveller left the bar unattended for weeks now, though the 'must- not-be-named' barman Ste.. n made a miraculous appearance for 34 seconds last week.
    Stripey and Gripey vanished, presumably to save enough money to pay the fine that will be imposed for murder (The Yorkshire Ripper should have thought of
    that one)
    Leo, Mondo, Kerri - Anne, and Dolores have gone AWOL, as have Clar and Nicola
    So what we're left with is a few kids going through a teenage phase, a play that never was, and a nurse who seems to have qualified as a GP overnight.
    Really, the storylines on Peppa Pig are more interesting (and believable)

Actually the thing about the customers clogging up the Isles talking about their personal problems/life's is pretty realistic, I worked in a supermarket for 6 years in a small village and there would constantly be people chatting to each other anything up to a half an hour,Irish people are so nosey.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Actually the thing about the customers clogging up the Isles talking about their personal problems/life's is pretty realistic, I worked in a supermarket for 6 years in a small village and there would constantly be people chatting to each other anything up to a half an hour,Irish people are so nosey.

Yes, fin, but there's a reasonable chance that at least one of them might buy something, and more importantly, pay for it.

Carringstown Spar must be one the few supermarkets in the country where nobody, nobody, ever buys a newspaper, cigarettes, or matches.
    And no matter how much time they spend hovering around the soft drink shelves, I've never seen anybody even buy a bottle of still water.
    I mean, I understand why nobody bothers buying groceries (you don't want to bother buying foodstuffs when you're eating out all the time) but still, you'd think a household would need a box of firelighters or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

walshb wrote: »
    Go Condors!

To a galaxy far far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

coolhull wrote: »
    Yes, fin, but there's a reasonable chance that at least one of them might buy something, and more importantly, pay for it.

Carringstown Spar must be one the few supermarkets in the country where nobody, nobody, ever buys a newspaper, cigarettes, or matches.
    And no matter how much time they spend hovering around the soft drink shelves, I've never seen anybody even buy a bottle of still water.
    I mean, I understand why nobody bothers buying groceries (you don't want to bother buying foodstuffs when you're eating out all the time) but still, you'd think a household would need a box of firelighters or something....

One thing that drives me cuckoo about the Spar in FC is the tills. I work for a similar brand and have done so for many years. I've never seen a shop that size with only one checkout! You'd definitely need about 3 or more! And also how the shop never has a thing out of place. Anyone who works in retail will tell you that it is impossible to keep things looking perfect 100% of the time, which they always do in FC.

• Advertisement

youwould wrote: »
    One thing that drives me cuckoo about the Spar in FC is the tills. I work for a similar brand and have done so for many years. I've never seen a shop that size with only one checkout! You'd definitely need about 3 or more! And also how the shop never has a thing out of place. Anyone who works in retail will tell you that it is impossible to keep things looking perfect 100% of the time, which they always do in FC.

And plus they also are supposed to have a deli section, where the fresh cakes like the do noughts and croissants would be baked in store, there's a stand for them next to the coffee machine so where are those cakes baked or prepared, there only seems to be a back office.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement