Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So many plotholes......where do I start?

How old is Emmet/Farrah and Ama? To look at them, Farrah and Ama are at LEAST in early to mid 30s and that's being generous, Emmet looks to be mid 20s and yet not one of them has mentioned the age gap..

Susie and her mate looking for evidence of the hospital where Heather is: could they not have done that in, you know, her room where there would be no interruptions from Bob or Renee?

Dolores: what a shell of a character. Involved in some major storylines back in the day and now reduced to walking up and down and up and down and up and down the main street as a secondary character to her co-actors. Jesus Martina Stanley move on while you still have a shred of dignity.

The music playing in the background at The Hungry Pig: I didn't know Deep South jazz at top volume was all the rage in small town Dublin. I must get out more...

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Deegan has his hands full with illegal raves, missing trowels and smashed flower pots. He'll get to all this as soon as he find Nuss's bag!

So many plotholes......where do I start?

How old is Emmet/Farrah and Ama? To look at them, Farrah and Ama are at LEAST in early to mid 30s and that's being generous, Emmet looks to be mid 20s and yet not one of them has mentioned the age gap?

Is it just me or does anyone else not see this obvious age gap?

walshb wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else not see this obvious age gap?

You need to get to Specsavers then! Farrah and Ama are clearly in their 30s, even with make up they still look like they have been around the block and Emmet looks a fresh faced 27 or 28. We don't know what age the characters are supposed to be in it, that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Ok can we all just agree that this is a show called fair city and if we try to think logical like who should go out with who as some are to old for each other then we will never figure it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

When I was 21 I was going out with a woman of 38. When I was 25 I went out with a 19 year old. And that wasn't today or yesterday.

Ditto on the Hungry Pig music. It always drives me mad.

You need to get to Specsavers then! Farrah and Ama are clearly in their 30s, even with make up they still look like they have been around the block and Emmet looks a fresh faced 27 or 28. We don't know what age the characters are supposed to be in it, that's the problem.

Emmet is far from fresh faced, and Ama and Farrah both have beautiful skin. No, it is not at all obvious this age gap, at least not in the physical sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Emmett has to be at least 29/30ish as Michael was 27 and the younger of the two by a couple of years. We should all be in agreement that the story is bloody boring! Man is interested in woman 1, woman 1 seems distant, man takes an interest in woman 2, woman 1 now finds man irresistible, woman 2 now finds man very desirable, man must make decision. Repeat cycle for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Social Welfare Worker: "ok Amanda, your work placement mentor is called Tommy".

Amanda: "will der be udder wuurkers dere"?

SWW: "no, just you and him, but it'll be okay, he's been garda vetted"

Amanda: "did dey find anyting?"

SWW: "just that he's a convicted stalker and attempted murderer who is out on licence and is on fairly strong medication, other than that nothing major"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

There's maybe a 5 year age gap if even that. It's hardly significant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Hitchens wrote:
    Social Welfare Worker: "ok Amanda, your work placement mentor is called Tommy".

Hitchens wrote:
    Amanda: "will der be udder wuurkers dere"?

Hitchens wrote:
    SWW: "no, just you and him, but it'll be okay, he's been garda vetted"

Hitchens wrote:
    Amanda: "did dey find anyting?"

Hitchens wrote:
    SWW: "just that he's a convicted stalker and attempted murderer who is out on licence and is on fairly strong medication, other than that nothing major"

Hilarious....that made the episode worth watching! Ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The milkshakes they serve in the Hungry pig are not really milkshakes, they look more like flavoured milk drinks. The marks n Spenser flavoured milk drinks are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

There's maybe a 5 year age gap if even that. It's hardly significant.

I think the actress who plays Ama is 40!!:eek: She's very beautiful and doesn't look that age at all. I saw the actress who plays Farrah being referred to as 26. I think she looks older than that. Daithi MacSuibhne who plays Emmet is 32.

muggles wrote: »
    I think the actress who plays Ama is 40!!:eek: She's very beautiful and doesn't look that age at all. I saw the actress who plays Farrah being referred to as 26. I think she looks older than that. Daithi MacSuibhne who plays Emmet is 32.

Emmet looks at least in his 30s. Farrah could easily pass for early 30s, hence my not really seeing this obvious physical looking age gap. Ama? Whatever age she actually is is irrelevant. She looks young enough to me. Early 30s. Very fresh faced. No way does she look obvioulsy older than Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Amanda : "I need to use your Wi-Fi to go online. I have to see what my hours are for today"
    ???
    How the fcuk would Google know what the starting and finishing time are for a Job-bridge scheme? Wouldn't the SW officer have mentioned it at some stage at the interview? Or is she supposed to go to that well-known website www.workingWithTheRam.ie
    And when Decco met her on the street and she couldn't reach the hook for hanging the flower basket, did he offer to hang it up for her?
    Did he fcuk!
    Of course, the fact that the producers had forgotten to attach a hook there may have influenced his decision.
    And Dermot 's shouting and harassment at a teenage girl is crazy.
    Mind you, in FC, that's usually how romances start......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

coolhull wrote: »
    she couldn't reach the hook for hanging the flower basket,l

I should of realised at this moment that we were in for huge drama in carrigstown. Dermot kicking a flower basket...should of been the Easter Sunday storyline.

Eh....writers tell us more about Jo and Ben and Heather and leave out these stupid stories centred around the allotment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

coolhull wrote: »
    Maybe I'm naive, Strazdas, but what does a couple who just had passionate sex look like? I mean, when they've finished, had their post-coital fag, got dressed, and come back downstairs? Is there some tell-tale signs?
    I just want to know so I can be more careful in future!

Yes they should have come down with sex sweat dripping off them, might be a bit edgy for FC though ;)

They seem to be doing a real hatchet job on Jo's character making it look like she is forcing Ben to stay in the US against his will and having him talking to Dermot on Skype and next thing he shuts it off in fear of her coming and finding out.

Seems a bit strange because her character was never like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

When Charlotte hooked up with Callum and pretended/thought she was preggo didn't her mum tell her she couldn't have kids? Wouldn't she have told Rachel? I wonder if that will be forgotten when the inevitable storyline pops up again in a few weeks? :p

They seem to be doing a real hatchet job on Jo's character making it look like she is forcing Ben to stay in the US against his will and having him talking to Dermot on Skype and next thing he shuts it off in fear of her coming and finding out.

Seems a bit strange because her character was never like that.

Wasn't Ben taken off them when jo had an affair? Me think he'd definitely be taken away for um, international kidnapping...

• Advertisement

Wasn't Ben taken off them when jo had an affair? Me think he'd definitely be taken away for um, international kidnapping...

There was something about it all right, can't remember the details though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Was it not Zoey who was taken off them that time?

tk123 wrote: »
    Was it not Zoey who was taken off them that time?

Probably, I didn't actually watch it then..just thought it was ben. Surely Deirdre would have some leeway in Ben talking to dermot on Skype... Why isn't dermot contacting Deirdre?

And what's up with jo anyway, did she get wind of dermot rushing round after that blonde one like a lost puppy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Probably, I didn't actually watch it then..just thought it was ben. Surely Deirdre would have some leeway in Ben talking to dermot on Skype... Why isn't dermot contacting Deirdre?

And what's up with jo anyway, did she get wind of dermot rushing round after that blonde one like a lost puppy?

Wait'll Jo finds out about the flower pot. No way will she send Ben back to that monster now. Hopefully Zoe is taken off his hands as well. We've already seen how he denied Amanda the wi-fi access. Hopefully Delores intervenes and can save the day. Then Deegan can come along and lock Dermot up.

Jo's right, herself and Ben are safer in America. Call it a foster mother's intuition.

The only thing that would make sense I think but its not right either, is that Jo has meet a man in American and has decided that she wants to stay and live with this new man and of course will not want to be separated from Ben so forcing him to stay in America, anyway that's my theory.

Seriously how has the ram gone without a woman so long, that's not realistic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I wonder will Tommy chance it with Amanda? Would be an interesting story. He appeared to have a few moments with Charlit when the poitín story was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

monkey9 wrote: »
    Wait'll Jo finds out about the flower pot.

Deegan views the act of kicking over a flower pot as a serious crime, on a par with gang warfare
    Rob high-end cars from the local garage, defraud your mother of a million euro, organize a rave party in someone's house without permission?
    Not a problem!
    But kick a flower pot in the street and you bring down the might of the Carringstown judicial system upon your head.

More importantly, I wonder will Heather make a re-appearance when Susie tries to track her down. The whole Heather story is far from over, it can go two ways in my view: She comes back and keeps the support of her family as she tries to rebuild a life with limited access to her daughter (we cant just sweep the whole poisoning under the rug!).
    Or...she can pretend to be better and plot to kill Ama or kidnap her daughter. A bit out there but if anyone amongst this sorry group of "actors" can pull it off its Una Kavanagh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Catching up on the last few episodes finding Ama once again totally unsure of what she wants!!! She goes out with Emmett and then hangs him out to dry and then does her best to hook him up with Farrah. She then says to Farrah she wants a more longterm romance and yet is not interested in Doug her best chance of that! I said it before and say it again: she is a snob. She is also the type who is a friend at a distance but is not there when you really need a friend.

This Dermot and Jo storyline is strange. Jo is in some sort of trouble and it is the prelude to her terminal writeout of the series I'd guess? Perhaps she is held hostage or controlled by some madman or has developed ALS like her sister did and does not want to tell Dermot??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement