Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Bronagh did warn Dan that plenty want his bed. Junior...Tommy...etc etc

I think Bronagh wants a go in that bed herself. By the speed of her answering Dan's call for help she must be sitting outside his room staring in

dogcat wrote: »
    I hear Renee has been single for some time now.

Have you not noticed the "not so subtle" Ray and Renee scenes............ Very obvious where this is going!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How can Charlotte believe and side with Amanda, she has known Rachel for years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

If there are any of the FC story writers or script editors perusing this lovely thread here's how some of your current storylines could sound like on a promo:

Dan gets stronger under the persistence of Bronagh and his spinal injuries show an improvement but his joy is short lived as Doctors tell him they can't do anything to fix his trembling bottom lip.

After another boring exchange on Marxism whilst selling Ray a box of rennies Renne realises romance could be on the cards or maybe they both have indigestion.

Charlotte who for some reason decided to leave the Costa crime gets a job in Costa Coffee but it comes at a cost!

Rachel starts doing her hair in those little side buns to copy Katie - Mouse much?

Tommy Dillon returns to confront Orla about his son - however his coming is met with delight as after 3 episodes of Orla wailing - Junior puts his hands over his ears - Dr Jim confirms Junior couldn't have hearing loss as he jumps out from behind McCoy's living room couch. Dr Jim always there when you need a diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

This seems to be going in an interesting direction, the two of them presumably teaming up as their version of the Mean Girls. I suppose she believes what she wants to believe.....she probably sees Amanda as a kindred spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

What? She fooking hates sourpuss. I don't blame her. This idea that Charoltte is her friend (Rachel thinks so) is pathetic. She's been nothing but a cnut to her. Amanda was spot on about Rachel and her "innocent" eyes. She's more a cnut than Charlotte! Even Ruthieeee gets it from her!

The Orla transformation goes from strength to strength. She's floating around the town like the resident cheerleader.:rolleyes: A horrible character!

As for pets on the show. No way the cast would agree to that. Would only highlight their flawed acting!

Strazdas wrote: »
    This seems to be going in an interesting direction, the two of them presumably teaming up as their version of the Mean Girls. I suppose she believes what she wants to believe.....she probably sees Amanda as a kindred spirit.

Don't be giving the writers undeserved credit! There is no direction with her character since her return!

1) she arrives back from spain and the writers throw together a yarn about how she saw some crime taking place yet realising that to pursue this this plot they may need to employ a few characters, they later imply she was lieing. They still, however, neglect to give any logical reason as to why she would want to leave Spain to return to the dull northside village where she killed her father, where everyone seems to hate her and where her chances of getting a job are limited to a salon, a chipper and a shop.

2.) They pair her with Callum. Yes the "love of her life" Callum is willing to hide her away as they are and always will be kindred spirits. ......."no, no you dont understand, all their powerful scenes together before she left dublin where they built up a strong bond did happen...... They were just offscreen....."

3.)They hide her in Callums mothers flat. Yes, the mother he hates takes no issue nor questions the reasons as to why there is a complete stranger living in her house.

4.)Her family make very little effort to reason with her and now she effectively is left to fend for herself.

5.) Continuing their Romeo and Juliet love affair callum and charolette decide to run away. . . . . . to the idylic haven that is......Louth. Yes Callum decides to give up his family, job, stability to head off with a murdering,lying, thief who he only really started to get to know a few days previously to live on a mates couch in Louth because said mate will clearly have no issue wiyh that.....

7.) oh wait but they need money!!! It seems Callum wasn't being paid by his wealthy father these last few years and in a desperate effort starts begging for a loan off his da but its not enough of course as we all know the cost of living (on a mates couch) in Louth is similar to Paris or Monaco. In a desperate attempt to get the money Charolette steals a charity box which had just been set up that day yet still managed to accumulate hundreds of euro through the sale of homemade pancakes. but now Callum goes schizo agsin and decides he has fallen out of love with his Juliet and tells her he is thumbing a lift on his own. In order to emphasise what a vengeful bad girl she is They decide that the best place charolette can hide said money (which is now a perfectly round number and in the shape of 50 euro notes..- they were nice pancakes) is under Romeos matress (yes tge one he is leaving behind for the Louth couch) Yes that is logical for unemployed impoverished Charolette....

8.) But of course with the ever presence of Those pesky arms of the law that are Deegan and Frank no crime (apart from murder, bribery of 50k and the stealing of 1million euro) will ever go unpunished in Carrigstown, even a handbag being stolen. (note that Frank who terrorised criminals for months in Carrigstown will never be seen again as he broke up with the Playboy bunny). "Someone" reports seeing Callum approaching the Hungry Pig and sure Jo puts 2 and 2 together and sure not only accuses Callum but sure realises just where he has it hidden and sure invites herself into his room, seconds later returning sure with an unopened envelope which sure presumably said "stolen charity money". "Sure" I cant begin to really emphasise how ridiculous this scene is or its aftermath.

9.) Of course Callum pleads his innocence but alas, Paul sends him packing. The last we see is Callum thumbing outside the RTE studios on a F#CKIN ROUNDABOUT!!!!

10.)Ah but Paul soon realises that Charolette was the thief and seeks justice for his sons name by........ "wait, whats that???....he never told Jo or the police or never retrieved the money he gave to Jo"??? .... Ok scrap number 10.

11.) Rachel hates her now and this is emphasised by Rachel saying I hate you... but after the adbreak (where we enjoy that brilliant new tayto ad AGAIN!) they are kindred spirits and best mates. They go clubbing together every might to emphasise that Rachel is 18.

12.) The writers need to explain why Charolette isnt going back to school so they throw her into a perfectly fitting uniform, even though she has grown a lot since her departure, so that she can meet the principal for half an hour to tell him she isn't returning.

Yes there is lots more including Orla and Charolette becoming sworn enemies and Carolette and Rachel now becoming enemies as well as not a mention of Paddy Bishop........but you get the point!

Now tell me about this interesting "direction" you feel her character is going down again..........!!

No-direction_o_104994.jpg

10.)Ah but Paul soon realises that Charolette was the thief and seeks justice for his sons name by........ "wait, whats that???....he never told Jo or the police or never retrieved the money he gave to Jo"??? .... Ok scrap number 10.

This is the most ridiculous of the lot. Paul, in his own home hasn't the guts to kick Charlotte to the kerb because sourpuss Rachel is bezzy mates with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 softkitty

why did nurse Bronagh have dan turn on his side just wondering as im not trying to learning about care for people with spinal injuries she was holding towel thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

to prevent bed sores presumably

• Registered Users Posts: 49 softkitty

what are bed sores i have heard of them but i dont what they can cause

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is Dan's song

The Cardigans - Lovefool

Love me love me
    Say that you love me
    Fool me fool me
    Go on and fool me
    Love me love me
    Pretend that you love me
    Leave me leave me
    Just say that you need me
    Love me love me
    Say that you love me
    Leave me leave me
    Just say that you need me
    I can't care 'bout anything but you

:p

softkitty wrote: »
    what are bed sores i have heard of them but i dont what they can cause

If you have access to the internet wikipedia these things!! Much easier........

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pressure_ulcer&redirect=no

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The nurse has to turn him on his side to prevent bedsores but within a few minutes he's able to struggle out of bed and almost get into the wheelchair himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

A reminder to all Fair City "enthusiasts" that the programme is on from 7:30PM this evening instead of the usual 8PM.

Mary fcu^%ing Poppins still floating around Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Carol is definitely living in a camper van in the hospital car park

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Two arm raises and Dan is done for the day. :(

Ah now what are we in for over the next few weeks: He hates me, he hates me now, he hates me, he hates me not...

• Advertisement

Bronagh is like a vulture eyeing up Dan....... she reminds me of Kathy Bates in Misery. Does she also work 24/7...... Ray would want to get on to the nurses union about that

God, Damien is annoying! The little "jokes" he cracks are cringey as fcuk

Competition over. Caddle the first to mention love....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Ooooh the passion!!!

walshb wrote: »
    Competition over. Caddle the first to mention love....

You mean hate.. surely?

Ooooh the passion!!!

75679.gif

You mean hate.. surely?

No, definitely love........

My god, the dialogue between Greasy and Caddle is bad even for FC standards.

Ah, Don Vito Brennan is back.:rolleyes:

Have to hand it to Amanda though, a baddie, but great lines!

• Advertisement

Wayne calling Caoimhe from a withheld number pretending to be Tommy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement