Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

squadro wrote: »
    Aah shttoppp.

Times are tough ffs. Give a woman a break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

That tremble in Dan's lower lip when he is glum (99% of the day) is the funniest expression on tv!!

hqdefault.jpg

Take your parachute and jump? If the wind don't catch you I will, I will :p

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Renee not live with Bob?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

The vast majority of professional photographers I know work for themselves. They are sole traders.

Yet when Mee Daa was looking after Christy she would regularly comment on the company she works for being great to give her the time off, or her boss was on putting pressure on her to return etc.

I swear Dan doing my head it more than Orla was last week

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

The writers are actually stereotyping people with spinal injuries with this insistance on complete negativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

You'd never get the chance. The poor doctor doesn't have time to scratch himself, let alone have a romance, what with diagnosing every ailment and bruise in Carrigstown, everytime he steps outside the door. ;)

And now he fixes fridges as well. Sure he hasn't got a minute. Has he been introduced to Dan yet - he might even fix him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No wonder Yvonne took off from him, he is so annoying

Carol should just move in to the hospital with Dan, she spends more time there than with Jack, Christy only got one visit in there and none at home and he was her ex fiancé

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

I think your one caoimhe is an unreal sexy temptress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

The vast majority of professional photographers I know work for themselves. They are sole traders.

Yet when Mee Daa was looking after Christy she would regularly comment on the company she works for being great to give her the time off, or her boss was on putting pressure on her to return etc.

When Christy died,she was a teacher in New Zealand but before that she had been a photographer. Apparently.

Please God let Dan be sent down & off our screens.

I've watched FC from the beginning & I don't think it's ever been as bad as it is currently. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

MelanieC wrote: »
    When Christy died,she was a teacher in New Zealand but before that she had been a photographer. Apparently.

I've watched FC from the beginning & I don't think it's ever been as bad as it is currently. :-(

Most annoying actor he is him and that bimbo kerri ann

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The weekly meetings in the 'scriptwriters' office must be peculiar affairs:

''Here are some some great ideas. We'll make Farrah a professional photographer, sure what experience would you need? Dolly can be a beauty salon manager, again, no experience needed. Superdoc can practise his trade anywhere he wants, Decco can have one small courier van and a staff of eight, including two clerical assistants. Jane can rent a nice house on her income from her part-time barmaid job. We'll make everyone, including shelf-stackers and school children, comfortably-enough off that they can dine out morning, noon and night . We will never, ever, let anyone sign on for Social Welfare, or if they do, we make sure something bad happens to them. Characters must never discuss TV shows, sport, or anything in the news. Oh, and no two characters must ever share a Christian name, even if we have to employ some a professional name-giver.
    Boy, I am good! Now where's me bonus?''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I was just about to post the same thing. Seriously, we all joke about FC and the storylines, but Dan is an incredibly boring character. I've never found him interesting in any way. Everytime he's onscreen now, it makes me long for Charlie and his bunions. :mad:

:D
    A line I bet you never thought you would post! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

MelanieC wrote: »

Same here, I've watched it from day 1 and it's feeling like a chore to watch it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I'm getting sick of dan treating the nurse like **** Every.Single.Episode.

Sick of orla whinging over the baby every.single.episode

Sick of rachel having a tantrum every.single.episode

Fair city sure love repetition don't they? Seriously has dan ever said anything remotely kind to that nurse?

eternal wrote: »
    I'd do Jim.

Ditto:D

agreed! FC is incredibly boring at the moment. No story line. And Dan makes me want to switch off the minute I see the hospital room. Why are we seeing him day in day out when there's no story?

Do these actors never watch themselves back on an episode ? Does Dan never see that bottom lip? Does Rachel never see her open fish mouth, wide eyes ,poor me, sulky mugshot? IF they did would they not change their faces??

I think I'll give FC a miss for a few weeks and go out walking. Its pure ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Art Deko

And now he fixes fridges as well. Sure he hasn't got a minute. Has he been introduced to Dan yet - he might even fix him yet.

Anybody else notice that Dr Jim fixed the fridge with a hammer! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Art Deko wrote: »
    Anybody else notice that Dr Jim fixed the fridge with a hammer! :eek:

Shur I fixed mine with a sledge. Fixed it real good I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Farragh Mark 2left Carrigstown to persue a career as a photographer. Christy often mentioned all the exotic places she was in. Wonder how she ended up in NZ with boring Max.

Last year RAchel wouldn't go outside the door cause she was studying for her LC even though she was only in 5th year. Now she's in 6th year she hasn't opened a book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As mentioned by many Dan is now really insufferable. FC just do stories to freaking death. Just get him into the chair and fcuk him out. End this pain and misery each week. Can't wait for the endless months of Greasy and Caddle trying to resist the urge to molest each other, whilst keeping it under wraps in locations such as McCoy's and the Spar, and the balcony above the bar at the station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dom Phil Cobe

Why does every bedroom in carrigstown look like 1965 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

BTW, FC being sh1t bodes better for this thread!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dom Phil Cobe

Beechfiled wrote: »
    Farragh Mark 2left Carrigstown to persue a career as a photographer.

That was Farrah #3 Meee daaaaa is the 4th Farrah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Why does every bedroom in carrigstown look like 1965 ?

Yeah & Max & Farrah's bed is the smallest double bed I've ever seen - & the size of Max like......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Ditto:D

He is not a piece of meat.........................

Lear+owen.jpg?format=500w

owen-roe-josh-hartnett-on-the-set_3892102.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He is not a piece of meat.........................

Lear+owen.jpg?format=500w

owen-roe-josh-hartnett-on-the-set_3892102.jpg

Imagine if Doctor Jim had shown up in Carrigstown looking like that ^^^ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Strazdas wrote: »
    Imagine if Doctor Jim had shown up in Carrigstown looking like that ^^^ :D

He'd fit in well with kas

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

vkid wrote: »
    He'd fit in well with kas

Oh yes, the resident ageing hippy :D

• Advertisement