Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Billy Meehan story was almost 15 years ago. It was a captivating story and without doubt a defining moment for Irish drama but I recall it had plenty of loose ends also which have been brushed aside. That isn't taking away anything but as I said 15 years is a long time. It is like defending Corrie at the moment by referring to the Hillman story. I agree there is plenty of good stories devised (the Halpin story, the Tommy mental health/stalker story, Suzannes domestic abuse of Damien, Lucy, Paddy Bishop etc) but the structure of the story, the acting, the characters approach and the script just becomes comical inevitably after a while and it descends into another "classic FC story" (not a good thing!) Sensational stories are easy to come up with but narrating them on screen is where FC fails. Stories are either rushed or prolonged into repetitive nonsense. The insistence that once a story starts, the mainplayers in same story have to be on screen for the following 3/4 months without a break for viewers is ridiculous. it takes away from the drama. Slow and steady story development, which EE does with aplomb at the moment is the way to keep viewers happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yes,there's no doubt FC can be & has been good at times with well-written & well-acted dramatic storylines. But that's what makes it all the worse that it's churning out this inconsistent,nonsensical drivel at the moment.........meeee daaaaa wants a baby & Max doesn't,then they swap........Caddle wants to tell Dan about her & Robbie but he doesn't,then they swap and so on & on & on & on with every character.........

I'm hoping the writers will cop themselves on soon coz I don't want to have to give up on it after all these years but it's not looking promising at the mo.... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Remember not so long ago, just after Dan got to hospital,Yvonne outed Carol as lying to Dan that she still loved him and saying she was getting it on with Robbie. How is Carol back in this situation again? Beyond belief...Dan is paralysed but he still has full use of his brain presumably.

Remember Robbie slept with Yvonne, Carol and now you want to get with him again?

This is all such a load of tripe!!

They've made a mess of this storyline. On the day of the explosion, Dan was leaving Carrigstown for good and had sold the Station. We've somehow gone from that to Carol and Robbie being terrified to tell Dan they're in a relationship (which has already been revealed to Dan by Yvonne). I can't make head nor tail of it. The way they're all hopping from partner to partner suggests there is no 'love' involved, just lust.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

But don't forget about the newest trend in coffee that they serve in the spar and vino's. Slimming companies all over the world are trying to have exclusive rights to it.

Place your cup under said machine, choose coffee of choice, wait, place on lid, leave without paying. Coffee evaporates immediately leaving only a hint of smell of coffee. It's weightless so you can lift your cup without spillage, calorie free, as you put cup to mouth you go through the motions of drinking without actually drinking.

Scientists think it could be the beginning of finding a way to eradicate obesity.

Love it. Quality post.

Strazdas wrote: »
    They've made a mess of this storyline. On the day of the explosion, Dan was leaving Carrigstown for good and had sold the Station. We've somehow gone from that to Carol and Robbie being terrified to tell Dan they're in a relationship (which has already been revealed to Dan by Yvonne). I can't make head nor tail of it. The way they're all hopping from partner to partner suggests there is no 'love' involved, just lust.

Maybe the explosion wiped Dan's memory of him not loving Caddle and wanting to move away. Then, when Yvonne told him that Caddle and Robbie were an 'item' that memory disappeared because he fell in love with Bronagh. Then her rejection was forgotten and he fell back in love with Caddle!....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

walshb wrote: »
    Maybe the explosion wiped Dan's memory of him not loving Caddle and wanting to move away. Then, when Yvonne told him that Caddle and Robbie were an 'item' that memory disappeared because he fell in love with Bronagh. Then her rejection was forgotten and he fell back in love with Caddle!....:confused:

Did he fall in love with Robbie yet, I can't remember?

I can't remember?

No, Dan. You didn't!

walshb wrote: »

:D From what I can tell, the storyline is meant to be that Carol doesn't love Dan and has known this for months, but because he saved her life, she is being guilt tripped into pretending she loves him (and because of her fear that if she rejects him, it will be a huge setback for him and ruin his potential recovery). It still doesn't really add up though : they weren't actually an item at the time of the explosion and it was his decision to leave Carrigstown, not hers. His recovery is not her responsibility, even if he did save her life.

Strazdas wrote: »
    :D From what I can tell, the storyline is meant to be that Carol doesn't love Dan and has known this for months, but because he saved her life, she is being guilt tripped into pretending she loves him (and because of her fear that if she rejects him, it will be a huge setback for him and ruin his potential recovery). It still doesn't really add up though : they weren't actually an item at the time of the explosion and it was his decision to leave Carrigstown, not hers. His recovery is not her responsibility, even if he did save her life.

Thanks for that interpretation. One down........:)

"Why would you be concerned what Bob thinks"

sure he has not been in it the last two weeks

Also Dan bionic legs XD

• Advertisement

Anyone know when Junior's going for his ear 2 checkup? I want to plan a nice long tv free holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

How long will it take for Carol to realise she doesn't love Robbie?

How long will it take for Robbie to realise the real love of his life is Dan?

And will any of us have the will to live long enough to find out?

coolhull wrote: »
    How long will it take for Carol to realise she doesn't love Robbie?

How long will it take for Robbie to realise the real love of his life is Dan?

And will any of us have the will to live long enough to find out?

They're all a bit old for this falling in and out of love malarkey, aren't they? They're carrying on like a bunch of 13 year olds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yes,there's no doubt FC can be & has been good at times with well-written & well-acted dramatic storylines. But that's what makes it all the worse that it's churning out this inconsistent,nonsensical drivel at the moment.........meeee daaaaa wants a baby & Max doesn't,then they swap........Caddle wants to tell Dan about her & Robbie but he doesn't,then they swap and so on & on & on & on with every character.........

I'm hoping the writers will cop themselves on soon coz I don't want to have to give up on it after all these years but it's not looking promising at the mo.... :-(
    Have to agree Mel, it's really stuck at the moment. I've watched FC since the start but am losing all interest. Someone in the writer's room needs to crack the whip. A lot of lazy writing going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm waiting for Robbie to realise that nurse Bronagh is the real love of his life. But Bronagh will by then be smitten by Caddle!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Any chance Mee Daa and Max could go to Galway for a trip. We shouldn't see them for at least 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nokia 2630

Forget thr ****ing Dan storyline, Aprils big story will be a photo of katie in her knickers going on palpage or whatever the young people are using these days.

Well if it's not Dan in the hospital ward again with Carol and Robbie visiting him. Whatever will the writers think of next.

Edit: Something new in this episode - Jo is wearing a hat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ive never once seen dan speak to damo and he asks how he is?

Also is that ñurse the only nurse in the hospital? He never gets visited by any doctors or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

Hope Caddle tells Dan to fack right off.

• Advertisement

Quick, get to the Bistro. New dish. Tomato rolls!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dermot is Paul's accountant again? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Bela, thought he was dead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

That one Leo is tipping is like a bag of spanners

Any chance Mee Daa and Max could go to Galway for a trip. We shouldn't see them for at least 5 years.

Nah, they're only going to Australia. Could be back in a week.

At long bloody last. And what was with Dan's hair when he came back to the room?

At long bloody last. And what was with Dan's hair when he came back to the room?

Finally can we see the end of this now. Or will Dan do an Yvonne and pretend he doesn't know they're an item while he plots his revenge? Please, no!

So Dan & Carol don't want Dan to know they seeing each other yet any chance they get they molest each other in his room WTF?

also how many more scenes are we going to get of Greasy,Carol, Dan & that nurse in that bedroom god sake

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Ive never once seen dan speak to damo and he asks how he is?
    Damo is Caoimhe's boyfriend. Caoimhe "gets" Dan more than anyone. Caoimhe for the love hexagon next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nokia 2630 wrote: »
    Forget thr ****ing Dan storyline, Aprils big story will be a photo of katie in her knickers going on palpage or whatever the young people are using these days.

On paypal :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement